Singleton Show 2008 (Review and Photos added)

Top Gunner14

Singleton Show 2008 (Review and Photos added)

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'll be heading up the Putty Road tomorrow arvo and will be going to the Singleton show. The show runs this Friday the 26th and Saturday the 27th. This will be my first time attending and the show's sideshow alley will be managed by OFA Showstar as it has been the last few years. Rides attending:

Skymaster
Starchase
Yoyo
Music Trip (UFO I'm guessing this is a Trabant)
Sizzler
Dodgem Track
Carousel
Kids Rides
Inflatables
Joints and games
Food Vans

So expect the usual, review and photos from me and I'll see how the rides are getting along.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

How come they aint taking Crash canyon or mad mouse, I mean Splash Canyon. Being as they are so good at what they do they leave there to decent rides down. Very good I say.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, Splash Canyon went last year and the year before. Yeh, seeing they're so professional, they should have no problem in taking those big attractions.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

hey, where abouts is this show? how far from sydney??
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

oh, its out past maitland isnt it? yeah, im going maitland this weekend. probably wont go. wont be going on rides anyway. unless they allow cast, but i dont think so. haaaaha. :D
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

I miss the mad mouse!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Back from the Singleton show, it was my first time to the show. The show ok but not great. But had a pretty fun 2 days at the show. It was really warm yesterday but nice and sunny. The sideshow alley was managed by OFA showstar and had a good lineup of rides to entertain show patrons.

Skymaster: Haven't seen the ride since Moss Vale, it was looking better than what it used to. The refurb has done the ride some good because it looked a bit shaby when it first came into the country. The tower and arms have been cleaned up and have had a clean coat of paint put on. The cars look the same and don't look any different. Alot of the lights weren't working during the night but the ride is running pretty well. The ride cycle is good with plenty of looping and a load of hangtime. The cycle was a good long cycle too. The ride was pretty popular too.

Yoyo: The ride was popular aswell throughout the weekend. Alot of people enjoying the fun sensation of flying, the ride had a good long cycle too. But I have to say, the ride needs a coat of paint to brighten up and make the ride look more lively.

Starchase: I have to say, when you compare this ride to Bell's Thunderbolt, it doesn't look as nice. But, yeh, it needs to look better presented IMO. But the cycle length was good and the ride was running pretty fast in both directions.

Tornado: The ride was popular with nearly full loads at times. The ride was looking good and pretty well presented. The ride cycle was a good length but the cars don't spin as fast as other models. At times they will but not as much. But it was still entertaining everyone who rode which was good to see. And a car had to be removed in the afternoon due to a broken pin I think that holds the car to the floor(I'm not to sure but I think that was the problem).

Music trip: One of OFA's new rides to slot into their lineup. This is the ex-John Phelan's trabant. Probably the best presented ride at the show. All the lights in the centre were working and looked great at night with the pinks and yellows and with the chasers installed. The artwork around the border of the ride looked fantastic too. I've only ever ridden one trabant and that was Dreamworld's Stingray. So I decided to have a ride. Me and my mate jumped on with me sitting on the outside of the seat. The ride started up with us going backwards, the ride wasn't going to fast but then all of a sudden, it gathered speed really quicky and was running very fast! We spun around the deck of the ride and then the ride started to raise. But the seats were very uncomfortable with me being squised against the seat, and to make it worse, I had a singlet on! The ride lowered and we started spinning forwards, again spinning along the deck and the arm raised once more. The ride is a really great ride and very fun, just one tip, don't sit on the outside of the seat Lol.

Dodgem Cars: As popular as they are at every show. But the ride looked weird with some newer cars and some older ones. But that didn't spoil the ride for everyone.

Had a pretty fun weekend and was nice to meet and have a chat with Les and Daniel Osbourne. Enjoy!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Not a bad little show,thanks for the review and pics.
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Great review and pics as always. Top Gunner u next off to some christmas carnivals?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks guys. Nah, I'm off to Picton show in 2 weeks time. Then yeh, I have to wait until Xmas. But I'll try and get to some big Xmas parties which are held during November and December
luvrides

Post by luvrides »

excellent review. Thanks Top Gunner. :P
benclare

Post by benclare »

Brilliant as always Topgunner. I can't wait to give that Music Trip a go and will remember not to sit on the outside. :lol: I do wish OFA hadn't called the ride Music Trip; it's so confusing! Trabant would've been okay. :?
luvrides

Post by luvrides »

I think it was called that when they bought it. Saw it in sydney working prior to OFA buying it.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, its always been called Music Trip, I just call it the Trabant. Luvrides, did you see it operating at St Mary's carnival?
luvrides

Post by luvrides »

Sorry late reply, Yes I did see it there. :oops: