Festival of Fishers Ghost Carnival

Hurricane

Festival of Fishers Ghost Carnival

Post by Hurricane »

The Festival of Fishers Ghost Carnival is on this Friday, Saturday and Sunday as well as next Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The rides are as follows:

CYBER PARTY (Trindalls)
Wave Swinger (O-Neils)
Ranger (O-Neils)
Midnight Madness (John Phelan)
Tornado Tilt a Whirl
Supa Sizzler (BRAND NEW)
Hurricane (Youngs)
Dodgems
Roundup
+ Joints and Kids Rides
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Ok lineup, chuck Midnight Maddness back to Ireland it is CRAP! Hurri r u sayin that there is a new Sizzler in australia? Whose round up?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I agree... it looks FERAL. I have no idea who own's this roundup at all! And yes, the Supa Sizzler is brand new from the US apparently.
Space Roller Freak

Kool, does it hav a platform like Paviers Sizzler?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
princess

Post by princess »

I will be there on Sunday, morning. :lol:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

If you even think of waking me up Princess... You have another thing coming! :lol:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

stop your whinging child.

Midnight Madness.... who even owns this, and honestly, why is it here. Glad it doesnt touch the Victorian Shows.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

HUSS, learn to take a joke. Calling me a whinging child doesn't get you anywhere. But whatever helps you sleep at night.

Times the Carnival is open

Friday's: 6pm - 10:30pm
Saturdays: 2pm - 10:30pm
Sunday's: 2pm - 9:30pm

The Location is Bradbury Park in Campbeltown.
princess

Post by princess »

mmm 2.00pm, so i wont be there in the morning then, goodo
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Lol, just watch out... I dyed my hair back to black... and it went GREY / PURPLE :( Just come to the Roller Derby joint and i'll be there Princess :)

EDIT: The New Super Sizzler and the Twister (Round Up) is owned by A1 Amusements. And a ferris wheel has shown up by them but thank goodness Kate isn't here to drag me on that :P
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Hope the carnival goes well. Good lineup. Have fun
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

You're not going Top Gunner..thought you would want to try Cyber Party?.
Space Roller Freak

Gee, I wish Cyber Party did som vic shows! I would love to try it. When I next go to the Gold Coast i need to go when the show is on so I can see it!

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, going. Campbeltown is a rough area and my folks dont want me to catch a train down by myself. I'd love to go. Annoyed that I can't
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

It was really slow tonight, but the crowds were not rude or anything. Hope tomorrow is busier.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, well it was a windy night last night and the temperature just dropped when that southerly came through so most people would've probably wanted to stay inside. Hopefully you guys will have some busy days
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, today should be better. Also I made a mistake, the tilt is not OFA's but it's actually YOUNGS Tilt a Whirl.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I thought it'd be Young's. That'd be very odd if OFA's was there :?
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Hey everyone. Went to the show today. I thought it was pretty good. 2 hours was definately enough though.

My leg was feeling good so i took my brace off for the day but it was okay with the doctor and all. I can only bend it like 90 degrees so i had some troubles with a few of the rides. Anyway..

Midnight Madness: Honestly, i really liked it. I dont know why everyone hates it so much. It had that center hub thing on so it looked okay. All lights were running, music was playing. The riding experience was just as good. There were a few weightless moments which were fun, but i had to sit in the back row, and anyone who has been on this ride would know there is very little room on this ride. So my leg really hurt! I had to like quish it to the side. But the rating would be a... 6/10

Wave swinger: Good ride. Always a favourite.. Haha sounds lame but i really like all wave swingers, they are very relaxing and fun at the same time. I did have yet more trouble with my leg but. When it started my leg jolted and really hurt. Ah well, after a while i just held it straight up and had a blast! But it did have sticky tape which looked to be holding up many of the seats. Looked pretty dodgy. Rating.. 5/10

Super Sizzler: Okay well there was a sizzler ride there that was closed. And that looked like the brand new one, because it didnt even have the back wall painted yet, but it was closed when i arrived. Anyway, i saw a truck come in with another sizzler, and it was unpacked and setup within 30 minutes! It was setup besides the other sizzler. Ugh.. more drama with my leg, i had to climb up into the car which was a great challenge, and getting out was just as bad. But it was a good, fast, long ride. I overheard 180 second cycles. I think thats enough on a ride like sizzler. 6/10

Ranger: Awesome ride. Im never disapointed on any kamikazes. You CANNOT compare it to the LPS Huss Ranger. Im sorry to all the LPS ranger fans but deep down you know that the Kamikaze ranger can kick that HUSS rangers ass. Now on this ride i surprisingly didnt have any leg troubles. I was alone in the car each time out of the 2 times i rode it. So i had leg room. There was one time when it went vertical and me leg flopped back, which was quite painful but meh. Also, second time riding, my harness felt very loose. Lifting 4-5 cm's off the seat each time hanging upside down. But the speed of going through the loops and down into the station/loading area is nothing short of amazing. I really like this ride so Ranger will get a 8/10

This was all i went on.. I didnt feel like going on the roundup and tilt a whirls dont really intrest me that much. It was a good show, really liked it. Cant believe ove never heard of it before but i had heaps of fun. Ill be sure to be going again next year! Oh, i did get some photos, but they were only on my phone so the mightnt be the best quality. Also got a few videos, ill make a quick youtube vid when im in the mood, tired at the moment.. Im going to send the photos to Adam and he will upload them for me, i always have troubles and can never get them right, so thanks Adam.
Last edited by Paulie123 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Space Roller Freak

Well, comparing Midnight Madness to the ex Verfuth Ali Baba it sure is not as good presentation wise but I am not sure about the acual ride. Like u Paulie I love the Wave Swinger, wish it did some regional vic shows! Did u try Cyber Party Paulie?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

naaah i didnt try it :cry:

i really wanted to but i have no idea why i didnt. it got down to my last 2 rides and i chose 1 on midnight and 1 on ranger!

ah well, i might try and go back next weekend and give it a go. ctowns only 10 minutes away so it might be okay.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good review mate. Glad you enjoyed yourself. SRF, just cause the Madness isn't looking its best doesn't mean you can go sayin just go chuck it back to Ireland. John's been puting in some time and effort to have it looking better than what it was. Hes painted it and cleaned it up and looks alot better than what it does. It was sitting in his yard for a while too because he was busy trying to fix it up cause of the bad state it was in.
Space Roller Freak

Sorry Top gunner :(

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Na no problems mate. I'm not trying to me awful to you but I'm just pointing out the facts. Sorry if I sounded like I was bullying you or anything
Space Roller Freak

Its fine top gunner, don't worry about it u didn't sound like u were bullying me!

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak