Liverpool Holiday Carnival

Top Gunner14

Re: Liverpool Holiday Carnival

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I'd say on those 2 Huss rides the gondalas would be slightly heavier but the weight is distributed over a larger area compared to the counterweights which are smaller but yet more dense.

So that would go for Mahons Scream Machine because thats Nottingham UK isn't it.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I'm sure Kiwi can confirm, he has a pretty good hands-on knowledge?
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Yep Mahons is a Nottingham UK machine, brought new in 99 I think
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Rainbow feels great when there is about two people on it.... you feel like you're floating on air, but when it's full it packs such a punch at full speed
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Got down to the carnival again today opens earlier on weekends so was opened by 12. Could only stay for about an hour so I only went on two rides. Had a few people down there which was good for the operators. I had a ride on the Top Gun and gave the Disco Show a bit of a go so will do a quick review on those two. Everything else was running except the Slide left yesterday to go do a hire job.

Top Gun: Wasn't very busy think I was the first person on for the afternoon. Looked good as usual, all the lights were working and looked good. So i jumped on then the arm started swinging back and forth before being held upside down for a while. Then did a heap of loops and we got some pretty quick speeds. Then held upside down longer again with the blood rushing to my head then back the other way and gaining speed before getting a bit of airtime going over the top which was good. Then a few more loops before we slowed down and came to a stop.

Disco Show: Got told to jump on and have a ride on t so I did. Looks ok but like I said I'm no real fan of it. I thought it was gonna be pretty sh** and that I'd probably have more fun on the Tea Cups. But jumped on and you could move around heaps with just the steel lapbar holding you in. We got going started off slowly swinging to the right before going back the other way and over he top. The ride actually packed a punch at first and suprised me, it went faster than I expected. So I decided to put my legs out and arms up the I started slipping slowly out from under the lapbar kind of lol. There wasn't a chance of me falling out though. Then it slowed down to go the other way. And it takes a while for it to slow down I think it was about 2-3 revolutions before it stopped to go the other way. So wasn't a long ride but was ok. I'd say not a ride for the shows which I'm sure it won't be but a good ride for the hire jobs.

All the other rides were going I had a go on the Jungle Challenge was a bit funny. I literally sunk in the inflatable part (not saying I'm fat) and I went through to get a few photos from the top. Dodgems had a few riders and the Zoomer had a rider here and there. Here are the rest of the photos.

Dodgem Cars:

Zoomer:

Sizzler:

But yeh was a short time down there but still was good. Had a slurpy from itsfun's slurpy van and they were heaps good as usual. So that's all for now the carnival ends tomorrow night. And I think there may have been a photo I left out......accidently lol. Anyway enjoy!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well that review was a waste of an hour or so ayy, and space
redhot

Post by redhot »

Top Gunner14 wrote:Well that review was a waste of an hour or so ayy, and space
No..
Thanks for the pics.
But where's the the slurpee shot! :lol:
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Another great review and pics gunner!! Love the smaller carnivals. Excellent set up pics of top gun too!
"Slingshot , Engage"
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Lol thanks redhot and Josh. Redhot, I didn't get a shot of me with the slurpies this time but instead sitting in the Top Gun before we started going. I got told to put it up but didn't really wanna lol
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Every show/ carnival no matter how big or small deserves a review or mention! We appreciate the effort that goes into to that hour or two. Good photos too! I like the look of that whizzer/ cha cha/ sizzler. Will top- gun ever go traveling the show circuit again? I remember when it use to do the bundy regional. Was good ride from what I remember!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks Force10. Naa unfortunately the ride won't be up in Qld again. It still does a fair few shows though, in the first few months of the year it does the NSW South Coast run so shows like Kiama, Nowra etc. Then goes out west and does Mudgee, Gulgong, Rylstone etc. It does Maitland show which is pretty big too and did Hawkesbury. But mostly hire-jobs now and is pretty popular with the school fetes/events.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Shame, but a small circuit and hire jobs would make for a nicer lifestyle, and the owners would have a more permanent base. I have no idea where those places are, but I work for a Regional TV network that's signal probably covers them! - probably doesn't count..