penrith show 2009............................

itsfun

Re: penrith show 2009............................

Post by itsfun »

Let's just say he is now a FULLY SICK amusement fanatic.....
princess

Post by princess »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Well I just got back from the show and it was pretty good.

Freestyle x 2
Zipper x 1
Topgun x 1
Superslide jumping castle thing.. x1

Freestyle was so new.. Everything shiny. Haha. It gave a pretty fun ride. People are probably wondering if its any better than Speed, and the only real difference was Freestyle felt like it had more 'head-crashing-towards-the-ground-upsidedown-ahhh' moments than Speed. But its appearance was great. I didnt think I would like it as much as Speeds design, but dont judge it till you see it in peson :D

Zipper was alright. Its sounding really old.. The cage was making a pretty loud noise. The cycle was pretty long. I remember we got about 10-15 flips non stop at one part. My friend got face planted a few times.. Haha. His phone also went flying out and it still amazingly works.

Topgun was fun. Met itsfun and saw topgunner14 for a bit. It was looking pretty good. Was the new paint the stars under the car? And a bit at the front? Either way it still looked pretty good and gave some good hangtime. I thought itsfun wouldve been mean and made me see stars too.. I have to admit, im glad he didnt. I didnt feel the best afterwards as it was :o

Maybe it was because I did, Freestyle, Zipper, Slurpee, Jumping castle, Freestyle then Topgun. I dont think I handle zippers well. Hahah. I didnt get many pics. The only pictures I got was of Freestyle, and my friend took them while I was on it. Heres what he got :

Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Thanks for that review and few pics of Chant's Freestyle. The ride looks good, I can't wait to try it at the Melbourne Show. Paulie do the harnesses hold you firmly in on freestyle? This may sound stupid, but I have had a few had experiences with loose harnesses. Also does anyone know what No Limit's harnesses are like?
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Umm. Well its not the tightest or loosest. I think its just right for a ride like that. Theyre adsactly the same as speeds? Havent been on speed srf?

And no limits are the same as spaceroller.. Tight.
Space Roller Freak

No unfortunatly I havn't yet tried Speed. I was going to try both Speed and No Limit at Melbourne Show last year, but I ended up chickening out. I was all pumped for Speed when it came November for my local show (Ballarat) and it was stranded in the air for the duration of the show, there was something wroung with the hydrollics. I am deffinatly trying these two rides and more at the Melbourne Show this year. Good to hear that No Limit's harnesses are the same as Space Roller, as I really feel comfy with these harnesses and they are very, very tight. Freestyle, No Limit & XXXL here I come, it's only 18 days (today 30/8/09) untill the Melbourne show starts.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Had a good weekend out at the show. Yeh as itsfun said, I was seeing stars as I got off Short's Zipper. Boy oh boy that thing shook me up. Review and photos will be up soon. Also got a few videos :D
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Cant say Freestyle looks that amazing compared to it's European inspiration, that one (complete with backwall) is amazing!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well back from a tiring but good weekend out at Penrith show. The show was pretty busy both days and the showmen should be happy, was pretty busy early yesterday and busy today all through the day. Saturday night was pretty good but we were expecting to go a bit better. Was nice to meet redhot and see Paulie again. Was very good to see Chant's new ride the Freestyle along with a few new rides at this years show including Short's Zipper, Watkin's Midnight Madness and Young's Twister.

Cha Cha: Joyland's always have their Cha Cha looking great. Nice choice of colours for this family favourite. Didn't get to see it operating too much throughout the show but was popular with the families, teens etc. Good to see the ride again, will have to try it at Joyland's Christmas Carnival as usual.

Twister: This is the second time I've seen it and I think Young's have made a pretty good purchase. Nice looking ride with the artwork very bright and eye-catching. Most of the lights were working throughout the night and made the ride look good. The operator seemed to be doing a bit of spruking while the ride was going but again I missed out on riding a Gravitron type ride.

Hurricane: Joyland's unit was present and always proved to be popular with the families. Looked good, like the artwork under the deck and most of the lights working during the night. Had a ride and it was pretty enjoyable. We got started and we spun around before we started getting thrown into the air. The cracks of air were pretty loud and the cars got pretty close to the centre tower a few times which was good. Always good fun riding the classic Hurri.

Zipper: Well its been a few years since I rode Short's "Bad Ass" zipper. I can see why Short's gave the ride that moto. I hoped in expecting just the usual pretty intense ride. Got locked in and away we went, with the ride doing its "walk", then we stopped with the boom still spinning then away we went flipping and tipping and going face first into the door of the cage. Then we came around one end of the boom and the car just flipped so fast about 5 times between each ends of the boom, and geez, I could feel my stomach dropping on each spin while I was just getting very dizzy. Luckily the ride slowed down to go the other way. And we were off again spinning and flipping. Then again we started spinning and spinning rapidly between the boom then we kept going at least 7-8 times. Then we came to a stop sitting up the top waiting to come down. We then got down the bottum, the door opened and I stumbled on out with the deck-hand having a bit of a laugh at me. I was a bit of a mess and stumbled back over to the Top Gun, just standing still, with itsfun laughing at me, I was pretty much seeing stars lol. Great ride, thumbs up to Short's.

Super Trooper: Haven't ridden this ride since last year. The ride was looking better with the paintwork having a touchup and alot of the lights working. Was in a better position this year and had a fair few riders and was popular with the families. I don't think Watkin's had any full rides last year but this year they did which was good. Had a ride and the ride was very smooth. We then started to lift up and swoop through the air. Must say it was a bit slower this year compared to last but was still an enjoyable ride.

Flashdance: Again haven't ridden this for a while and looking the same as usual, still looks quite good with most of the lights working. Except one side of the border lights on the backdrop were a bit dimmer than the other side. Was popular too. Had a ride and the ride was going pretty quick but not as fast as what Chant's had it running at in their ownership. Good interaction from the operator too.

Midnight Madness: I have to say it but is looking a bit dirty and not looking the best. But the ride has had alot of problems throughout the year and even when John Phelan had the ride. But other than that, the operator was giving good long ride cycles with varied speeds and stopping the seats up the top. Along with a heap of interaction.

Top Gun: As I said, I was working on it some of the show and I think we went pretty well. We had quite a few riders during the daytime and a good amount on Saturday night. The ride has had a bit of cosmetic work done with the top of the tower now purple instead of it being white and the arm is now a fog green colour. The top sign wasn't working with the chaser box broken but other than that, most of the lights were all working and overall the ride looked pretty good. Had a ride and the ride was going well, upside down and over the top and going pretty quick. Was good working on the ride again and thanks again itsfun for putting up with me :lol:

Even had the Hog's Breath Pig jump on for a ride :wink:

Freestyle: Well, the newest ride on the block. Chant's new KMG Speed "Freestyle" doing it's second job at Penrith show. I saw the ride from outside the showground and the LED's looked great especially on the centre sign and the arrows up the arms. The artwork all over the ride looks good and same with the artwork along the border of the ride. Had the different coloured spotties going at night along with the strobes. Chant's had a few problems with the ride during Saturday but it's all teething problems from what I was told which should be alright. Had a few rides on it and it was a good fun ride, both times were decent length cycles and the ride seemed a tad more enjoyable than Goldenway's. Was popular too during the night. And that operator shouting out all the YAHOO's was funny aswell :lol: But a good purchase for Chant's and I wish them the best with the ride.

Was a good weekend, a bit tired now and good to see some of the showmen. Got a videos that will be up during the week which include a first onride look on Chant's Freestyle and an onride and offride of the Top Gun. Anyway Enjoy!!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Space Roller Freak

Good review thanks Top Gunner. Now that I see more pics of Chants Freestyle I would rather the appearance of Speed. It looks good anyways.

Space Roller Freak
princess

Post by princess »

Great review, again Topgunner, freestyler, just looks like a clone of Speed, imo, but then I am not a rider, just an observer. :wink:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Great photos and write-up as always TG!

Nice to see some detailed photos of Freestyler (even on-board?) I like the arrow motifs down the arms.

The Twister Gravitron is looking colourful too.
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Nice work again gunner, the pics are great... Your ride is looking great itsfun, doing a great job by the looks of things!
"Slingshot , Engage"
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeh Zamperla, they're photos looking down the ride while I was sitting up the top. Yeh Josh he is doing a good job, the ride will be busy now for the next few months with hire jobs.
princess wrote:Great review, again Topgunner, freestyler, just looks like a clone of Speed, imo, but then I am not a rider, just an observer. :wink:
Well princess here's your opportunity to ride the Freestyle and keep your feet on the ground at the same time. This is an onride video of the ride. Hope you enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBzM1qb1UDs

And got an onride and offride video of the Top Gun going up in the next few days
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Damn good video Topgunner. Nice pics too. Yeah princess, what do you think? Could you handle that? Haha. I thought Freestyle was somehow better than Speed. Maybe slightly longer cycles..
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

That video was tops. Sure captures the movement. (you know a ride is good when the device you're filming it can't cope with all the changing scenery as you move)
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

the cars seem to 'flip' more so than Speed. Probably only due to balance (or unbalanced) riders. Looks good. Thanks for sharing the video.
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

Hey Space Roller Freak, didn't know you were a local lol!!
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

Is chants freestyle the same size as speed or taller?
princess

Post by princess »

That was great Topgunner, there was not one word uttered on this ride???? Not a scream, all I heard was the wind, very interesting, is 2 minutes 17 seconds long enough????
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks again, yeh that's usually the prefered cycle on the Freestyle. Personally I would've rathered a longer one. And yeh I don't usually scream, maybe a bit of swearing but no screams :lol:

Dell, both rides are exactly the same height
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Here's an onride video of the Top Gun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMp77zPTfsY
redhot

Post by redhot »

Mmm..
I made the right decision i think. :lol:
Great pics and review Topgunner
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

itsfun

Post by itsfun »

hey Top Gunner. why dont you put the night video up.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh should be up tomorrow