Big Day Out 2010 [Sydney]

Top Gunner14

Big Day Out 2010 [Sydney]

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Sydney Big Day out music festival is on this Friday 22nd January and Saturday 23rd January, something different with the event over 2 days with an issue that happened with ticketing last year. Rides attending:

Sky Walker
Sling Shot
XXXL
Speed

I think Pink's Crazy Cars will be there but being used as the Silent Disco stage/arena. And there might be another Dodgem Track there. I'll also be working on the Sky Walker over the 2 days which should be good. So will get photos and videos

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Space Roller Freak

Re: Big Day Out 2009

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Thanks for the info Top Gunner, have fun working on Sky Walker should be interesting, what will you be doing on the ride?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Most likely on deck loading, don't think I'll be doing tickets (hopefully) and definately not operating. Hopefully a bit of spruiking aswell if I'm lucky :)
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

The rides at Aucklands BDO have always been run free, do they charge normal prices in Aussie or are they supsidised by the promotors?

Cheers
Kiwi
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I think they run at the operators price, where they pay a site fee or the organisers get a percentage of the ticket sales. Not 100% sure I'll find out when I'm there Kiwi
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Was down at the grounds today. Everything was setup when I arrived, just doing bits and pieces. Other than that had to set-up March's Bazooka joint. Had a good day down there, Skywalker is in a great spot, right next to the main gate. Was very hot there as you Sydney siders would know how hot Olympic Park. Tomorrow is going to be 40 degrees :shock:

Should be a good few days, looking forward to it
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Had good fun working on the ride over the 2 days. Didn't realise how many great and fun people you meet while working on the ride which made it more enjoyable. And how much they appreciate the ride and the amount of comments I got from people saying how much they enjoyed the ride was suprising. Only got photos of the Sky Walker and rode that numerous times over the 2 days, and rode XXXL on Friday night. So here's the photos:

Weren't as busy as what we anticipated, would've liked to have seen more people riding, but due to the hot weather I think that changed people's minds about jumping on for a ride. Also have a video to upload.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

these events are good to work because everyone is so happy for some reason, i'm not really sure why, maybe they put something in the water because most people drink it.
redhot

Post by redhot »

Great pics Topgunner.
Good to hear that you survived the hot weather aswell. :lol:
What sort of work did you end up doing on the Skywalker??
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

THanks for the pics top gunner, Sky Walker is looking great is it coming to Moomba this year?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

i hope it gets on moomba! i wanna work on it haha
Force10

Post by Force10 »

CoinKing wrote:these events are good to work because everyone is so happy for some reason, i'm not really sure why, maybe they put something in the water because most people drink it.
Hmm more the water to wash it all down with! - surprises me that these events are good to work, i thought people would be more difficult than anything...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks guys, yeh really I thought we'd have alot of roudy, rude drunk customers but it was great, only had the very odd few and that was it. Then the odd few who'd try to get on with no ticket so you'd just nake them pay $10 on the spot or tell them to get off.

Redhot I was on deck loading/unloading which I'd rather do than sell tickets, even if I was in the air-con. And yes guys Sky Walker will be hitting Moomba for the first time this year
Top Gunner14

Re: Big Day Out 2010 [Sydney]

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Finally got this video up, sorry about the wait. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SP3KZNhXJ8

Cheers
Top Gunner14