2010 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Top Gunner14

Re: 2010 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Have no idea, I know SBF Visa is manufacturing O'Neill's Flume
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

i also hear HUSS has manufactured their Rainbow, and Fabbri has made their Ranger...

swish!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The Coaster is also being built by SBF Visa aswell. Also heard talk with people wondering if the coaster will actually arrive in time for it to be setup and operating by the 1st of April. Will be interesting to see what happens..
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

So....under 2 weeks until the show opens. Rest of the gear would've started bumping in today and will do so in the next few days. Rock N Roll has been parked at the showgrounds since I think Thursday. Only other gear I know that has been in there setting up is the flume, the 2 coasters and I'm guessing the 2 wheels.

I'm also going to be working at the show, not the whole time but over the easter long weekend, but not opening day. And also the following weekend. So whos everyone coming to the show?
redhot

Post by redhot »

Yeah i'm gonna go.
Probably going to go on the 6th (tuesday)
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

flapjack

Post by flapjack »

the coaster is a spf coaster and is getting set up now looks awesome :D :D
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

it's a VERTICLE LOOP yes? (tower coaster)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

flapjack wrote:the coaster is a spf coaster and is getting set up now looks awesome :D :D
Hmm, cause I heard that the ride left Italy about 3 weeks ago and is still out at sea. Yeh it's an SBF Tower Coaster, found one on rides database which I think will be the same as O'Neill's. Here's a link to some photos:

http://www.ridesdb.com/db/thumbpic.php?ride_id=477
benclare

Post by benclare »

Was down near the Showground last Saturday. There wasn't much activity going on obviously but as Topgunner reported, Taipan and Crazy Coaster are already there and were in the early stages of setup. Some other stuff was around but mostly still racked. I sure hope this new coaster makes it in time for 1 April but I doubt it. I'd like to be proven wrong though!

Where abouts are you working at the Show Topgunner? Would love to come and say G'day.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'll be working for Joyland's, so most likely on Power Surge or Pirate's Revenge. Or if needed Rockin' Tug or their Tea Cups as they have them on this year. But hopefully I'll be on one of the bigger rides. Yeh for sure come say hey and introduce yourself.

Yeh most rides and gear should be down there by now or arriving sometime later today and tomorrow. Yeh will be interesting to see if the new coaster will be there for opening. I'm guessing the flume is on the same ship aswell??
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

with a bit of luck some new gearing and parts are on that damn ship too for a certain lower arm!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

SBF coaster off / on-ride in Europe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ssxx7Q ... re=related
benclare

Post by benclare »

It's a hive of activity on Australia Avenue as we speak with trucks rolling in from all directions and partially assembled rides close to the roadway. I don't think there is any sign of the new coaster but Taipan and Crazy Coaster are well on their way to being fully set up if not already. Pirate's Revenge is there too. I'll try to get some pics next time I'm around there; no promises unfortunately!

Will look around the Joylands rides for you TG and will definitely say hello.
princess

Post by princess »

What date are you going Ben?
benclare

Post by benclare »

princess wrote:What date are you going Ben?
Not sure yet. I was hoping to go on the first day but can't because of work commitments unfortunately. I'll probably be there either over the Easter long weekend or the following one. I'd love to catch up with you and other AAF members if possible! I'll also be fitting in a trip to the OFA Show if anyone is interested in catching up with me there.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Zamperla wrote:SBF coaster off / on-ride in Europe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ssxx7Q ... re=related
Reading the reviews below that video and others, they've given it a bad wrap. Hopefully it will be good, definately looks interesting.

Just what I was told at Camden, Joyland's Power Surge will be re-fitted with LED's for the show, which I think will look great. And the Mega Drop will be having the lights on the top ball re-fitted with LED's and the tower LED's will be getting chasers put in. So that will look great too. Great to hear the showmen are keeping their standards, quality and presentation of their gear right at top level
benclare wrote:Will look around the Joylands rides for you TG and will definitely say hello.
Yeh will let you know what ride I'll be on before you make your trip out, and definately anyone else who wants to come say hello, feel free to
princess

Post by princess »

:D
Last edited by princess on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Powersurge will look awesome converted to LED's!! - While it always presents extremely well, and it tip top condition... I've always thought it looked a little dull compared to other rides on the grounds.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'm going down to the showgrounds tomorrow to get my photo ID and stuff done. So I may get a few photos but will definately give an update on how everything is going down there
itsfun

Post by itsfun »

The Looping Coaster is set up.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

The new coaster doesn't look to great.. would much rather had the KMG experience.. haha.
princess

Post by princess »

Come on Paulie, we have to give credit, where credit is due, we have a showman, bringing in a new ride, he has spent a fortune to do this, I am sure that there will be many more people that will be pleased to see this ride in the country, until you ride it, you cannot comment, I will look forward to your review on this ride, I personally will look forward to seeing a brand new ride into the country, one I have not seen before. We have a responsibility to support people who have had faith to go out on a limb and go for it. :idea:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yes well put Princess
benclare

Post by benclare »

Boy am I excited about this new coaster! Where abouts is it located because I haven't been able to find it although that's not saying much... :lol:

I'll be doing a review on this ride once I've tried it.
princess

Post by princess »

benclare wrote:I haven't been able to find it although that's not saying much... :lol:
You are so cute Ben :lol:, I think you are amazing!