2010 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Paulie123

Re: 2010 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Post by Paulie123 »

I might have a ride on it tomorrow, or the next time I go. Should be intresting haha.
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Great photos redhot. Doesnt rocknroll look great at nite.Speed never had new lights at tamworth an it only did one other show before the big smoke. Photos of hardrock are always good :D
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Wow all these AAF members going to the show over the next 2 days lol. Anyone wanting a meet-up, just drop by the Power Surge. I'll be there Friday-Sunday and possibly Monday

Yeh would be interesting to see if O'Neill's take the coaster inter-state, you'd think at the least it would do Melbourne Show and Moomba. Probably pushing it them taking it to Brisbane but you never know.

Good to see some photos of the Surge, thanks redhot :wink:

I'll have to try some of the new rides in my breaks over the weekend, only rides I've been on so far is Power Surge, Sky Walker and the Crazy Coaster
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Doubt it would do EKKA, especially with all that Rainbow drama years ago... hmmm time will tell.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Carnevil looks awesome! Thanks for the photos. I think Fear will come to EKKA, don't know about the past history with Oneil's and the RNA, but RNA will be sweating on getting such a major attraction - and ONeil's need to do as many 'Big' East coast shows to make the investment worthwhile... well thats just my thoughts anyway.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Guy's just saw quickly on Ten News - Fear broke down today... just saw a quick clip of some riders stuck sitting in there cart. Looks like its having a few 'teething' problems, hope it all gets sorted out soon.
redhot

Post by redhot »

Yeah i was listening about this on the radio this evening coming home from work.
Oh dear, gotta feel sorry for the owners of this ride. It hasn't been a great start for there new piece.
Apparently the carraige got stuck up the lift hill and the riders had to be rescued by the firies etc.
No one was injured so i guess thats the main thing.
Topgunner working today so i'm sure he'll let us know what happened. :)
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

mmk

Post by mmk »

taken from news.com.au -
Patrons freed in Easter Show ride mishap From: AAP April 09, 2010 6:17PM
EMERGENCY crews have freed three people who were stuck upside down on a rollercoaster for more than an hour at Sydney's Royal Easter Show.
The trio became trapped in their seats on the rollercoaster about six metres off the ground about 4pm (AEST) today, an ambulance spokesman said.

Police, the fire brigade and ambulance rescue teams attended the scene.

"They've all been released," an ambulance spokesman said.

He could not confirm the ages of the three people, who are believed to be a mother and her daughter and son.

The three were immediately taken aside by show management to assess their welfare.

The looping rollercoaster is a new ride at the show and is the only one of its kind in the southern hemisphere.

It has a 27-metre tower from which the carriages gain momentum before speeding through a loop.

WorkCover NSW said it would investigate the incident, and its preliminary findings showed the ride's "computer-controlled fail-safe system" was working effectively at the time.

The incident comes after ferris wheel operators were directed to carry out safety checks following a mishap on a sideshow ride in northern NSW in which three girls were injured.

WorkCover NSW issued the safety alert yesterday, days after a ferris wheel car broke free and plunged eight metres at a blues music festival near Byron Bay.

Two 15-year-olds suffered back injuries, while a 16-year-old escaped with cuts and bruises.

The workplace safety watchdog launched an investigation into the accident and issued a temporary ban on the ride.

It is now directing all amusement ride operators to adopt a series of measures to avoid further incidents.

These include inspecting the rides and adhering to transport and storage procedures.
redhot

Post by redhot »

Few more photos of Carnevil.
Hard to get a full picture with a game standing right in front of it.

Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

princess

Post by princess »

Just arrived home from a huge day at the show, I tried to log onto AAF while I was at the show, to mention that I was right there watching all the drama with Fear, I have pictures on my phone, I will send them to someone, who can upload it, they were stuck up the tower about 2 metres, not very far at all really, it was a whole lot of drama for nothing imo, police, firies, if they had of been any further up, then there would have been a problem, I was told today, that this did happen, only a couple of days ago, where the car was just at the top, when it stopped, you should have seen the media frenzy, helicopters, reporters, must have been a slow news day, this ride clearly needed to be set up somewhere else for awhile and set through its paces, before it got to Sydney, I am sure these are just teething problems, the ride was not open again tonight.

As for the rest, I was very impressed with XXXL, it looked good and everyone getting off seemed very satisfied, Carnevil, looked, mmm evil, the clowns face is really well done, especially when you consider the amount of people who are frightened of clowns, Haunted Hotel had big queues all day, seemed to be doing better than Carnevil, most rides had good queues. I don't think I saw Ranger operate all day, it did not appear to be down, just had no one riding it, (it is in the going out area). I also thought Rock and Roll looked really good, even had a lady dressed up in Rock and Roll clothes, spruking, the punters on, nice touch, though the guy in the Chants T-shirt singing along to the music, looked mmmm, how can I say this, weird, after seeing this I have vowed not to try to sing and move my head to the beat, ever again.

Sky Flyer also looks great turning above the heads of everyone, it looks like a far better ride than Wave Swinger imo, Mega Drop had good queues most of the day too.

If I remember anything else I will post, anyone want to get these photos to upload, please send me your email address, I will see if Hurricane is on FB
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

very interesting to know that the news over exaggerated about the ride the news i heard on the radio said 6 people the channel 9 news was saying 6 people stuck on ride (3 people) upside down which were apparently 3 boys so it s good to read someone that wants to tell the truth thanks Princess
cheers katie
princess

Post by princess »

They were not upside down, there legs were up in the air, but their bodies were lying flat.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Here are some photos of FEAR broken down.

Photo taken by: Princess

Photo taken by: Princess
princess

Post by princess »

maybe two metres was being generous, they could of climbed out with a ladder!!!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Great post Princess. That last photo says it all. The NSW media is going to report on absolutely anything now, after this small mishap and the serious incident with the wheel in northern NSW. If two dodgem cars collide, it'll get written up by a reporter with a witness statement. RES management and ride owners will be on high alert for the remainder of the show.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopStor ... 49406.html

watch the video, maybe 6m off the ground if you take into the quality block work.
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Bad news for fear hey :( Does any one no who owns carnevil . If goldenways own it maybe it is halloween. Someone going should find out.
princess

Post by princess »

CoinKing wrote:maybe 6m off the ground if you take into the quality block work.
:lol: Of course how silly of me I forgot the chocking, still a extension ladder could of reached them, funny how it looked much worse from the helicopter angle.

Topgunner assured me that Carnevil was not Halloween, still have a strange sense of doubt, but he said he rode Halloween not very long ago, time will tell, if we don't see it again in its original form, anyway there were no problems with it all appeared to be working in order, with nice queues as I said.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

that one got me , especially the 3 helmets :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Halloween hasnt been around that long that im aware of. Seems funny no ones heard or seen it in a while. May be its doing different shows or something an spose halloween is a 3 story ride where carnevil looks like a 2 story. So is fear operational again or how long is it expected to be out of action for.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

I went out to the show tonight, had a great time and got a video of XXXL which is posted below.

XXXL x4
Power surge x1
Mega drop x2
Speed x1
Pirates revenge x1
Taipan x2
Breakdance x1
Skyflyer x1
Hard rock x1
CarnEVIL x1
Haunted hotel x1

I think thats all? Haha. All rides were complimentary thanks to a friend who works the show with his family. Thanks again if your reading this. I can confirm that Carnevil isn't Halloween. It is ROLLER GHOSTER. And FEAR wasnt operating.
Im heading back to the show on wednesday for kids day :D

XXXL video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvuptLxy6Bc
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

[quote="princess"]
Topgunner assured me that Carnevil was not Halloween, still have a strange sense of doubt, but he said he rode Halloween not very long ago, time will tell [/ quote]

Naa I never said I rode it, as I don't do Ghost Trains lol.

Paulie I don't think so, I was told Jaime Pickett has 3 Ghost Trains. Them being Rholler-Ghoster, Carnevil and the ex-Franky Foster ride. And all the track layout is alot different, the lift hill is a spiral whereas RG has sections and Rhollerghoster didn't have the balcony up the top. But when I was talking to Brod Pavier at the Sydney 500 last year he confirmed that Goldenway still own Halloween.

And was nice to meet you on Friday Princess and good to see Paulie last night too. Just remember mate don't get any taller lol.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Theres a car from Rollerghoster out the front, in the queue. But im not 100% sure. Thats what I heard anyway.

And I'll try not to haha.
princess

Post by princess »

Top Gunner14 wrote:Naa I never said I rode it, as I don't do Ghost Trains lol
Must be my ears, so what did you say? I think now we can move on from Halloween, it is the spot where Picketts Roller-Ghoster, is, so mystery solved imo.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good review and comments Princess and everyone!

Was back at the RES on Saturday and noticed that Fear had been dismantled and parts of it were just sitting on the ground. It was a pity to see this as I think with a bit more testing the coaster could've been operable again. I also think it'll be back better than ever over the coming months. It had only just arrived in the country and teething problems are common with new rides. I remember Sky Walker and Halloween broke down often during their first couple of shows but Sky Walker at least appears to be okay now.

Will do a proper review later when I'm not so busy at work but will write down a few things.

I was in the carnival area on Saturday afternoon and there weren't too many people there. Most of the rides weren't doing full loads although I noticed the Power Surge was pretty busy. I tried to find you TG and I think I heard you talking on the microphone; it that was you, you were doing a great job!

Crazy Coaster and Sky Flier seemed to be the most popular. No Limit had absolutely no one around it when I arrived but it's funny, once people see it in action the queue expands very quickly. The ride cycle wasn't very long but incredibly intense. The ride operator didn't say much while the ride was in motion but did a lot of talking to get people onboard. I'm quite sure he was the same fellow as the one in Topgunner14's Batemans Bay video.

Will write more later; I'm flat out at the moment! Keep the reviews and comments coming guys; it gets me through the day!