2010 Sydney Family Show

benclare

2010 Sydney Family Show

Post by benclare »

Thought I'd start a topic for this Show as there are sure to be some posts on the event.

The ride line-up is OFA's gear only although I didn't know they owned a Music Trip? Anyway, a MT will be there along with Yoyo, Skymaster, Tornado etc. By the way, do OFA own the ponies?

The entertainment line-up is definitely a watered down version of the RES with pet parades, wood chopping on one day and the reptile pit. The permanent markets and shops have been incorporated into the Family Show too but I noticed the planned fireworks displays had been cancelled.

I think this'll be a good show for the families but it does seem a bit rushed to me. Perhaps if it goes ahead next year, OFA will have time to make it a bigger festival.

By the way, unlimited rider sessions are available via the Moshticks website until 31 March.

I hope to be heading down to the EQ just after Easter so will post a review.
Zamperla
Administrator

Re: 2010 Sydney Family Show

Post by Zamperla »

what is MT Ben?

I'm guessing the Music Trip would be an independant (probably the Ultimate Party Machine, ex-Lew Osbourne). There's a few other rides on their website that have been used at their events but not OFA-owned.

I'm surprised to read the fireworks have been cancelled - these are not difficult to outsource, and it is too far in advance to be cancelled due to inclement weather.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes it is surprising about the fireworks being cancelled. I do know there has been some backlash to the new show with many food companies refusing to supply showbags for the event. OFA are also still looking for exhibiters and food vendors so things are definitely not yet finalised.

MT stands for Music Trip; I was just too lazy to write the whole thing. :lol:
itsfun

Post by itsfun »

The Music Trip is the Renamed TRABANT.......
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I'm very sad to hear it is a Trabant, because I won't be in Sydney to see or ride it!

Hope it's running at a respectable speed, I've had the dissapointment of riding Dreamworld's Stingray.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I rode this at Singleton show in 08, runs fast, very enjoyable ride. Yeh it's the Ex Phelan Trabant.

So Zamperla your not coming up this year?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

No I won't be at RES (or Family Show) this year but I will be visiting Hawksbury Show for the first time.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ahh great to hear someone else will be visiting the show this year. You'll definately enjoy it considering the amount of gear that turns up year after year. Will be good to see you there, I'll definately be there, considering I live a stone-throw away from the showgrounds
benclare

Post by benclare »

Zamperla wrote:No I won't be at RES (or Family Show) this year but I will be visiting Hawksbury Show for the first time.
Cool bananas!

I will be at Hawkesbury very early on the Saturday morning and hopefully all day. I used to go on Friday but more and more rides weren't opening until late in the afternoon so I thought I'd wait until the following day. Still, being the only person riding No Limit was a unique experience.