Hawkesbury Show 2010 (Show Photos added)

Hardrock

Re: Hawkesbury Show 2010 (More set-up Photos added)

Post by Hardrock »

That makes to of us benclare. I will be in newcastle sat with the daughter so im keen to check it out.
princess

Post by princess »

Not sure of the location. Surly someone else knows, geez there are some major rides there. :shock:
benclare

Post by benclare »

I can't be sure but I think this carnival could have something to do with the Need for Speed festival which has been running since early March. the festival itself consisted of several race meetings and a run through the streets of the city and apparently concludes with a large carnival on the Newcastle Harbour Foreshore over the ANZAC Day long weekend. I was doing some research when I should've been working... :lol:
princess

Post by princess »

Have a great time Ben and Zamperla, will look forward to your pictures Zamperla and yours Topgunner.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Cheers Princess. I imagine TG is there right now and possibley Zamperla too. I'll be going to Hawkesbury early tomorrow and am looking forward to it!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I'm catching the early red-eye flight tomorrow morning, should be out at Hawkesbury around 11am, can't wait.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I was there yesterday arvo and last night, was a quiet night as it always is of a Friday. Got to ride Sky Flyer which I enjoyed, very good family ride. RIde line-up a bit down on recent years but its still a good one:

Sky View Wheel
Sky Flyer
No Limit
Magic Circus
Top Gun
Pirate's Revenge
Crazy Coaster
Wave Swinger
Energy Storm
Alpine Express
Haunted Hotel
Space Roller
Zipper
Twister
Cha Cha
Hurricane
Freestyle
Rock N Roll
x3 Quads
x5 Dodgem Tracks (Pink's Crazy Cars, Townsend's, Miller's, Davis', Small's)
Heaps of Kids RIdes
Heaps of Games
Food Canteens

Bit odd that Chant's Wheel isn't up, but looks like they've given up all their ground to have the 2 big rides there. And shame to see no Ranger either. Will hopefully give the Top Gun more buisness. I'm heading back in this morning and look forward to seeing a few people today. Will get some photos this morning.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Heaps of Kids Rides
Heaps og
princess

Post by princess »

Is there something missing????? :roll:
benclare

Post by benclare »

Hi all!

Had a fantastic time at the Hawkesbury Show on Saturday. I'm so sorry I missed all AAF members that were there. Unfortunately I had no access to the Internet all weekend so couldn't arrange any meeting times. I was disappointed about that!

Anyway, as TG mentioned, the ride line-up was slightly down on previous years due to the Orange Show, Newcastle carnival etc but definitely a respectable turnout for a great show.

When I arrived on Saturday morning, there weren't many people there but things started to pick up later in the afternoon. The atmosphere in the carnival was fantastic, very relaxed and the ride operators I encountered were superb and really wanted to be there I thought.

Sky Flier.

This is one of my favourites now! I had two very long rides on this and Dad and I were the only two on it at one stage. Also a big thanks to the operator for the free ride, much appreciated!

Rock-n-roll

This was my first time on this one as I didn't get the opportunity to try it at RES. I loved it heaps! the fact the cars didn't swing as much as on Alpine Express, Thunderbolt etc didn't detract from the ride experience at all in my oppinion. The ride went really fast, especially in reverse and the atmosphere was great with the operator talking through the entire ride, both entertaining the passengers and others in the queue; not that there was much of a queue when I was there!

Hurricane

I always enjoy Young's Hurricane and this ride was no different. The cycle is quite lengthy and I like the way the ride slows down and then speeds up again, quite fast too with lots of bouncing and the classic Hurricane sound I really like.

Crazy Coaster

I thought about going on Pirates Revenge which was right next to it but decided I didn't want to get wet so I did the Crazy Coaster instead. I really enjoyed it and there was a lot of spinning immediately after the first drop. Unfortunately I pulled my back out slightly as the car came to a stop but nothing too bad, I'm just getting old!

Cha Cha

Wow this was fast! Fortunately it slowed down from time to time; otherwise it would've been very uncomfortable because it really moved and I was jammed right against the side, holding on for grim death! An excellent and really long ride cycle for sure.

No Limit

For some reason this ride seems slightly different at Hawkesbury than at RES. The cycle was definitely longer for one thing. It was fairly popular, not doing full loads in the morning but getting more popularity throughout the afternoon until I left. If you want a really thrilling experience on this thing, try it with only two or three others on it!

Topgun

This was really benefiting from no Ranger and also a really good spot in the carnival, close to Pirates Revenge, Wave Swinger and Crazy Coaster. Even when there weren't many people at the Show, the ride was constantly operating, nowhere near full loads but was doing business which was good.

General carnival area

As I mentioned, it was a great atmosphere there with great ride operators that really made you feel welcome. Good on the Hawkesbury Agricultural Association and the Showmens Guild of Australaysia for staging such a fantastic event!
princess

Post by princess »

Well thank you Ben for the review, sounds like you had lots of rides and fun, now Zamperla, where's yours
benclare

Post by benclare »

Cheers Princess.

Yes Zamperla I am looking forward to hearing your oppinion on this show, especially from someone who has traveled from Interstate to attend it.
redhot

Post by redhot »

Thanks for the review Ben.
I hope you took photos Zamperla. :)
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Sorry Ben I should've let you know I was working on Pirate's Revenge. Thanks for the review anyway, sounds like you had a good time. Show come and gone for another year, had a good time working on the flume, we went good but I think it could've been alot better. Space Rollers generator blew early Saturday arvo so buisness lost there, then at around 6-7 that night, a truck with a hired gen on the back beeped its way through the crowds so the ride could gain a power source. Was very suprised they actually allowed Watkins to get a truck in at the busiest time of the show and luckily there was enough room between the Top Gun and Townsend's Food Canteen so the truck could get through to the back of the SR.

Was good to meet Zamperla, had a bit of chat and he jumped on the flume.

I've got my photos here too, which I'll upload soon

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Great review guys. Space Rollers genie going wasnt good but theses things happen. Hope they get the problem fixed with no major problems for them. Glad use all had a good time :D
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

Do youngs have a website?
or anyone got any contact details?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh this is I think Bernie Young's website. Hasn't got all the gear on the site and has contact details: www.dodgemcarhire.com.au

Was a good weekend at the show, line-up as I said was down on last year's but still a good line-up that the guild provided for show goers. Was good to see Joyland's taking Pirate's Revenge out to the show, proved to be popular with families but I think it could've been better. I was also lucky enough to work on it. Had the Top Gun across the road and they went well on Saturday night, went alot better without the Ranger and Hangover compared to last year, also a better position also helped. Didn't get that many photos and they aren't the best, only got a few each morning before I started work:

Alpine Express:

Cha Cha:

Crazy Coaster:

Crazy Cars:

Energy Storm:

Freestyle:

Circus Fun House:

Haunted Hotel:

Hurricane:

Magic Circus:

Music Trip:

No Limit:

Pirate's Revenge:

Rock N Roll:

Sky Flyer:

Space Roller:

Top Gun:

Twister:

Wave Swinger:

Zipper:

Shame that all the shows have to come to an end, had a great time working Sydney and Hawkesbury, met a heap of great people which make your work alot more enjoyable. Must thank Joyland's for that. Looking forward to some more events later in the year. And sorry I haven't done any reviews and I'm only doing photos now, been alot busier with school and other stuff.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
avp

Post by avp »

who's Zipper is that?
princess

Post by princess »

Thank you Topgunner, school has to take over at some stage, if you put as much effort into school as you have done on this site, you will do really well, (mmm, did I sound like a report card then :D ).

Now we go into the quiet time, before the Northern Territory and Queensland runs begin, it will be over to you Josh for the Rocky review.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yep great pics as usual TG. Taking some of your valuable time to do this for us is much appreciated.
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

whats the top gun got a pink harness on only seat for?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Here this question was asked last year after Hawkesbury:
itsfun wrote:The pink lap bar is a new design that we have done. (it has far more padding that the arm version).There are another 15 to go on to the ride.They need to be replaced every 5 years the manufacturer informed every one last year as a safety precaution.
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

that was last year! they must be just waitting till the 5 is up. only 4 years now till the rest of the ride is done! lol
itsfun

Post by itsfun »

Yeah, That harness was made to see how riders liked them and if they held the little ones to seats a bit better than the factory ones. we have since made the others and they are going on tis winter. There are a few modifications our engineer had to do and make changes to suit. but hey u seem to know lots...........
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Thats one big camera u have top gunner, but great job. :D
Zamperla
Administrator

Re: Hawkesbury Show 2010 (Show Photos added)

Post by Zamperla »

hi guys, apologies for late post. I had a great time at Hawksbury for the 1 night I was there. Crowds were strong despite the average weather on the sunday. Highlights for me were seeing Young's gear which does not cross the border into VIC very often (Hurricane, Miami, Cha). Also to finally see Top Gun with my own eyes (presents very nicely, from front and back)

Was good to catch up with AAF'er TG too who was busy working on Pirates Revenge.