Penrith Show 2010 (Photos added)

Top Gunner14

Penrith Show 2010 (Photos added)

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Penrith Show is on next weekend on Saturday and Sunday (28th-29th) at the Penrith Paceway. I'm guessing the line-up will be pretty similar compared to the last few years. I've heard Joyland's will be taking out the usual gear: Hurricane, Cha Cha, Kids Rides, Food Canteen. And last I heard the Top Gun will be on again.

I'll most likely be working out there for the weekend so will do my best to get some photos and maybe a vid or two

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Gunner14

Re: Penrith Show 2010

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Gera I've heard that's arrived out there:

Hurricane
Cha Cha
Top Gun
Super Trooper
Dodgem Track
Freestyle
Ferris Wheel
Kids Rides
Food Canteens

I'm sure theres a few others there but that's the last I heard. I'll be working out there for Joyland's over the weekend and will get a few pics. WIll try get another lineup...
redhot

Post by redhot »

What you working on Topgunner??
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Not sure yet, will find out once I get there on Saturday. Was just over at the showgrounds a short time ago, line-up's basically the same as last year:

Flashdance
Top Gun
Hurricane
Freestyle
Super Trooper
Midnight Madness
Cha Cha
Twister
Dodgem Track (Watkin's)
Ferris Wheel
Kids Rides
Games
Food Canteens

Still a bit more gear to turn-up and get into position. Short's Zipper was meant to be attending but apparently that's a no show now. There may be Young's Dodgem Track there aswell but couldn't see it in the distance. Let's hope the crowds come rolling in and the weathers good for the weekend. Any fanatics gonna be coming out also?

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

Weather on sat is going to be good cloudy on sun
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Show was okay yesterday, bit slow at first but picked up as the day went on. Saturday night not as busy as we'd like but we're set-back in a different position this year. I've been working on Joyland's Hurricane which has been good and heading back out today. Got a few night pics last night and will try get a few pics throughout the day

Cheers
Top Gunner14
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

did you get any of the cha cha?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Had a good weekend working out at the show. Could've been busier though but buisness seems to be getting less and less at this show which is a bit of a shame. Well didn't help when there were multiple events on around Penrith and surroundings which took a bit away from the show. I was working with Joyland's for the weekend on the Hurricane which was good, something different. Got to learn a fair bit about the ride while working it and learnt the tear-down process, which was good with a bit of heavy lifting and ending up in a greasy state afterwards :lol:

Few rides missing from the show this year, Short's Zipper was ment to be going, then wasn't, then was then just didn't end up turning up. Young's Dodgem Track wasn't there either which meant more buisness for Watkin's track. Don't really think 2 tracks are needed anyway. Got a few photos aswell, few night shots after we closed up on Saturday night and a few Sunday morning:

Twister:

Super Trooper:

Cha Cha:

Dodgem Track:

Freestyle:
(View from Hurri ticket box)

Midnight Madness:

Hurricane:

Top Gun:

Flashdance:

Enjoy...

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Matt Diabolism

Re: Penrith Show 2010 (Photos added)

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Cheers mate.TG and Flashdance are looking as good as ever.Is Flashdance still being operated with the smoke machine/lasers and long cycles?.
ImageImage
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks Matt, yeh they had the smoke machine going but no lasers. The cycles are no where near as good as what they used to be. This time last year they had just had the hydraulic drives taken out and electric drives were put in instead. Now the ride doesn't run as fast as what it used too, also takes ages to pick up speed when the ride starts and changes direction.

They also replaced the drives so that the ride could run in different motions eg: spin the main wheel the same way as the hub, spin the hub and leave the wheel stationary so that the cars would swing in and out. Like what you see on the ex-John Holdsworth Explorer in the U.K.

Shame now the ride experience is not as thrilling as what it used to be...
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Excellent photos TG, its a shame the Flashdance has gone electric...
I remember the time it came to the Royal Show here in Perth, my godness it was fast it made my girlfriend feel ill as she couldnt handle it like me :P
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Damn...very disappointing about Flashdance,sounds like the ride experience has been ruined.
ImageImage