2011 Tamworth Country Music Festival

Hardrock

2011 Tamworth Country Music Festival

Post by Hardrock »

Well its that time of the year again, the time when Tamworth's population swells by the thousands. Yep country music festival time.
The festival runs from 14th January till 23rd January,and with a good percentage of tourists being from Queensland numbers are expected to be down.
Not quiet shore as to who's running the carnival area this year as not a great deal of gear has turned up to give me an idea as to whos running it.
Rides that have shown up so far are,
Millers dogems
Twister Gravatron
Paratrooper
Tilt a whirl
Plus a few kids rids and food vans.
It looks funny, theres more caravans there than amusements
Youngs have had the carnival area for the past few years so maybe if they have it again, more gear may turn up today.
Lets hope.
Hardrock

Re: 2011 Tamworth Country Music Festival

Post by Hardrock »

Youngs have the carnival area again this year. Not a bad little carnival, plenty of atmosphere.
Anyway the line is
Cha Cha
Hurricane
Tilt a whirl
Twister Gravitron
Haunted House
Super Trooper
Miami Music trip
Dodgems
plus kids rides and games
Rode the huricane and tilt a whirl tonight. Both good long rides but was impressed with the tilt a whirl as it had been years since
I last rode one. The operator new how to get the cars spinning fast. Very fast and enjoyable ride.
Going back tomorrow night to ride some more, and get some pics.
PNC

Post by PNC »

Make the most of riding their hurricane, as I think it has sold to a Brisbane operator who I don't think will travel it
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Say what!? I won't object to it being sold to a Brisbane operator, but what is the point of buying a ride if you don't intend to travel it? I have a suspicion of who it could be... and the ride could be used for spare parts but I surely hope that's not the case :(
PNC

Post by PNC »

it wont be used as spare parts, it will simply do school fetes and festivals
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmmm... well that's not too bad I guess. If only Trindall's were the buyers of it... I'd be packing up my stuff right now and travelling full time to work that one ride :P
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

PNC has it right, I was going to comment on this a week ago saying that but was waiting to see if it was going to do Tamworth.
It is a big ride for the fete's here in Brisbane. Alot of primary school aged kids find it a bit to scary so we will see how it goes.
It is a Brisbane Fete/Festival operator so will only be operating in South East Qld
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Don't forget to take snaps of the setup!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I'm having a guess that it's either Kaydee Promotions, Coney Fair or Jubilee Amusements. I have a feeling it's Jubilee though because they have had a picture of a Hurricane on the website for AGES (March's amusements)... also if you have brought it Nathan... can you adopt me? :P

EDIT: Sorry, I don't think it was Jubilee that had the picture... must be thinking of another operator.
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

None of them. Yes Jubilee do have a picture of it but they only subhire either March's or Bernie's when it has been up here. They have only ever used the Hurri 3 or 4 times because as I said in my earlier post it isn't really suited to fetes and they find that schools only ever book it the once and dont have it back.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

What's the Hurri like to work on? it looks like a great ride to be working on (small area to walk... great to watch and would be very enjoyable and challenging to operate compared to, say, some computer controlled push-button ride)
PNC

Post by PNC »

Your very right funderstruct, it is not very well suited to fetes, I have never had any call for one and when have offered it I have only had two schools book it, lucky I didn't buy it, I'm sure carnival land will do there best with it
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Yep it's Carnivalland. Just hit their website http://www.carnivalland.com.au/amusemen ... -major.php
Hardrock

Re: 2011 Tamworth Country Music Festival (Phots Added)

Post by Hardrock »

Well the country music festivals over for another year. Crowds where down big time due to all
the floods. I managed to get a few pics of the carnival area between work and the pub. Not sure on how it went throu the week
as I had to work, but the crowds on the weekends where pretty good. Next year is the 40th year so lets hope for a bigger festival
and huge crowds.

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Cheers for the photos, that must be Young's new track there. Suprised to hear the Hurricane's been sold. Never thought that'd be Young's first choice in selling a ride.
Zamperla wrote:What's the Hurri like to work on? it looks like a great ride to be working on (small area to walk... great to watch and would be very enjoyable and challenging to operate compared to, say, some computer controlled push-button ride)
Zamperla it's a good ride to work on, I now reguarly work Joyland's model just on deck, still not old enough to operate yet. I can't find any bad points about working it. We don't do many school events with it but is always popular at festivals and corporate hire jobs.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, it's a bit of a Surprise to see Young's selling the Hurricane. But then again... all of Young's gear is very popular. Music Trip pulls in the crowds, along with the Hurricane and the Tilt a Whirl.

It also appears that Trindall's Super Trooper has had new lights put on the cupola's as well. Might have to get some clarification! Not long until the show season starts up in Queensland again!
PNC

Post by PNC »

Stanthorpe show is this weekend, trindalls are usually there
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Would be a very quick pack up for the Cyber Party to head to Stanthorpe and be set up by this weekend. I know how long that ride takes to set up and pull down. Normally is a full day and a half to put it together and another 1.5 to pull it down plus the drive from Coffs.

Super Trooper took around 5 hours to pull down at Toowoomba... but that was at 1am and it was FREEZING and we were all tired. Can be done in 4 from what I was told.
PNC

Post by PNC »

the trooper can be done in 2 hours with a good crew, maybe trindalls didnt go this year
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, then again I probably slowed them down a little bit as it was the first time I had done it so I was still learning. I swear I was going to freeze that night though... it was worse than Canberra! They probably did do stanthorpe though, even if it was just with the Trooper as it does a slightly different run at times than the Cyber Party. Ian is normally with the Cyber Party and the Joint and Robert goes with the Trooper.
redhot

Post by redhot »

Youngs Hurricane did Camden Show for as long as i can remember.
With it now being sold that leaves a spot for something else.
A Tilt A Whirl perhaps?? come on!
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"