THE HAUNTED HOTEL
WAVE SWINGER
SPACE ROLLER
RAUPEN BAHN
SKY WALKER
MEGA DROP
BREAKDANCE
TECHNO JUMP
TO BE ANNOUNCED (Looks like a Roller Coaster on the map)
SEA XPLORER
POWER SURGE
RANGER
PIRATES REVENGE
STARSHIP 2000
redhot

Re: 2011 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Post by redhot »

Exactly the same line up as last year.
TBA would be Taipan or Fear wouldn't it?
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Has anyone taken pics of the setup before? I would like to see this year's show being unpacked!
redhot

Post by redhot »

Check out last years RES thread.
Topgunner got some set up pics.
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

giving it a miss this year, it's just turned to sh** like all our other shows....
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Lol buddy you've just copied that exact lineup from last year in the 2010 folder?
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Is anyone else getting a little tired of the Ali Baba haters?
"Slingshot , Engage"
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

never said that.... im tired of the shows just being exactly the same these days..... there was always something magical and unique about the royal easter show, I think the balance of classic rides really made it stand out... now its just another show....
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

Heheh, you're right that post looked just like the 2010's RES post. I only hope there would be a last-minute change just like 2009, cause I remember the Rainbow was going to make an appearance at the 2009 RES before the seemlngly permanent change that most of us disliked.

Nobody said anything about hating the Ali Baba. To be fair, it's an okay ride, but I wouldn't call it a successor of the Rainbow, in fact I don't think anyone should, cause successors tend to be more thrilling than its predecessors. Of course, we would like to see Rainbow make a return any sooner (hopefully 2012's RES), and I honestly don't believe it has bitten the dust. I think the Rainbow would have returned sooner if it was in the right hands. Then again, maybe OCS is taking its time with getting the Rainbow up to date, cause they know its one of their best rides they can offer. They wouldn't let the Rainbow go to waste, or else it wouldn't be listed in their list of rides on their website since 2008.
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

Speaking of the RES, at least there's XXXL, Extreme Speed, and Space Roller. Can't wait to try 'em out!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:never said that.... im tired of the shows just being exactly the same these days..... there was always something magical and unique about the royal easter show, I think the balance of classic rides really made it stand out... now its just another show....
Yeh agreed Huss, I think it's cause we still had a few of the ex-Wittingslow rides... them being Rainbow and the Ranger, and ofcourse the Taipan. I'm glad we still get O'Neill's Ranger over any of the other Kamikaze's travelling. Something about it that kind of stands out to the others. Wish we could say another classic would come back in the like's of Bell's Thunderbolt over Chant's Rock N Roll. Durkin's Skymaster has also been set-up (with-out the gondalas) since early January which is pretty early if you ask me
princess

Post by princess »

I have had to go to Homebush over the last week a couple of times, it was quite funny to be over that way, and getting that little excited feeling, I was thinking of not even going this year, but not sure I can actually stay away.
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

I'd still go to the RES even if the selection of rides suck nowadays, cause there's at least some good rides among the majority of the crappy single-trailer rides that plagued our shows. I'm surprised nobody takes into consideration the KMG and Mondial rides that appear in the shows, and they look pretty good in terms of design. They're probably the only rides that redeem our shows, yet it could redeem a little more if they brought in the classics like Chaos, Rainbow, and others.

Seriously, is the Rock n Roll a butchered version of the Thunderbolt? :? I thought it was a good ride. I found it equally as thrilling, though I do admit, the cars on Thunderbolt swing a bit further than the cars on the Rock n Roll. I like them both, anyway. As long as they can swing, they're more fun and thrilling than the Musik Express.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I'd be surprised if the Disk-O does not appear at RES 2011 would do well if they can slot it in somewhere
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'd say it would be. That's just last year's lineup that has been copied from last years folder. Even got the exact few comments next to some of the rides too. But yeh it is odd, even on the website it's not listed
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Gill's Disko is on at this years show. Has been put on the RES website, be interesting to see it
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Top Gunner14 wrote:Gill's Disko is on at this years show. Has been put on the RES website, be interesting to see it
In it's travel position too!
benclare

Post by benclare »

Will be back at the RES this year as usual and am even making an expensive trip home from Samoa to go!

Don't think I'll try Hollywood Horrors as that sounds to visual to me but it could be a popular attraction. I wonder whether Fear will be back? I reckon it deserves another chance.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

IMO you wouldn't get too much out of Hollywood Horrors. It's a very visual attraction, much like the scare mazes that Dreamworld had (Nightmares - Freezer and Angoscia, Tomb Raider and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor) It's a very good attraction but relies much on the visual aspect of things. Sadly I won't be attending this RES at this stage, due to my navy application taking up all my time and funds at this stage. I *may* be going down to work though, just working out a few things though :)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Joyland's are getting ready this week for the bumping in of Pirate's Revenge which will go in this Thursday. Pretty sure the other 3 coasters will be heading in aswell. A few of the rides will be heading in a bit later this year due to a few heading to Camden before bumping into Sydney.

The Extreme riders club I noticed is up and running and took a look at the carnival maps. Alot of it is the same but suprised to see a few joints along the north perimeter between the Taipan and Skymaster have been booted to make room to put the Disko and Psycodelic which are the 2 new rides in the area. Fear has been moved right down the bottom where Slingshot was last year, so next to the Taipan. Pretty sure Taipan will kick ass over Fear even with that move. No Limit is back in it's debut position from '06 which I'm sure Bell's are happy about.

Real shame for March's with Skywalker which is back behind Pirate's Revenge where they did horribly last year. Was told there's only a small number of sites where it can be placed due to the depth of it (24 metres).

Joyland's Wild West coaster missed out on a spot in the kids carnival which is a bit of a shame, I was guessing that if any of the rides in that area that would've been booted for that it would've been Coleman's Gold Mine Coaster.

But Joyland's has all four rides back on again them being Power Surge, Pirate's Revenge, Rockin' Tug and Fantasy Cups. I'll be working the whole show this year. Anyone planning on going?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

was No Limit ever in that spot? I dont even recall... surely it didn't debut in 2006... 2009 surely
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

As far as I am aware it has been. And the ride debuted in 2006 as I rode it at the 2006 ekka... back in the day where Twin Flip, Thunderbolt, Supa Sizzler etc all went :(
The Limit

Post by The Limit »

Royal Easter Show 06 was it's first year on Sydney. it was it's second show in aus after canberra i will see you there topgunner14 make sure you come and say hi
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

How time flies, remember 06 was the first time I went to the show since 2000. And thats 5 years we've had Space Roller, No Limit and Speed in the country... doesn't seem that long ay. Yeh forsure mate, I'll most likely be working the surge so I'll pop on over
princess

Post by princess »

every time I hear the song "I want to make you sweat" and "sexy chick", makes me want to be in sideshow alley!!!!! (nothing to do with the words people, just the beats) :wink: :oops: