2011 Sydney Royal Easter Show

tziolasamusements

Re: 2011 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Post by tziolasamusements »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:hopefully 2012 is the year Rainbow returns to shine its smiling sun over the midway, I heard too that OCS want it back on next year, and theyre planning on giving it a paint job (holds breath).... They also want people to email, call, etc the RAS and let them know how much we want this ride back....
hmmm if it does get on next year, ill be there for 14 days for sure!
where did you heard from? who told u?
last week at garry's yard rainbow still racked do nothing and light globe wreck, moulds, paint fade and rusty grows
the lower arm out of trailer sits on the ground looks like hadn't repair yet? and been sits on the ground for 2 years
there alot of work to done before 2012 easter show so wont be have time to do these and it is winter time they should start work on but they havn't?
i believe that might wont be back on the road again till someone buy the rainbow off garry he got other new rides to run and no time to do the old classic rainbow
princess

Post by princess »

mmmm, I hope you are sitting down when you read that Huss, to help you over this shock, please turn on Gaga very loud and drink something very strong and someone call the doctor. :shock:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Ahh CLASSIC, Zamperla!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

OCS Workers said this about rainbow at the show.... i too dont think it will be back anytime soon.... i knew this would happen one day
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

Ok, here's my letter for DeafShow to give to Garry O'Neill

To the manager of OCS

Dear Mr. O'Neill

Rainbow is a classic ride and should never be left out in the dust. Why are you doing this? I know you''re concerned with late attractions like the SBF Visa Tower Coaster Fear, but come on. That ride isn't really a spectacular ride. Even the Fabbri Kamikaze Ranger had more going for it. Fear caused nothing but problems. It tends to break down, and the fun factor is low, from what I heard from most riders. Taipan was much more thrilling even if it didn't have a vertical hill or a loop. So, please, and I mean please, get Rainbow back on the showgrounds as soon as you can. If it's no longer any value to you, then give it to another showground organiser, like Watkins, Bell's, or March, anyone that will really pay attention to classic rides. It could have made a good position in Luna Park Sydney too, but other members might not agree with that as the amusement park in question had little to offer anyways. Gill Bros's Ali Baba is a joke, and so is Fear. I hope you'll take into account the concerns of other people out there who really have an appreciation for amusement rides.

Thnak you for your time

Yours sincerely

RexDragon
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

Sydney Royal Shows Cheap Gate Prices!
How do they expect to make there show grow every year? or even for the people to come back next year!
Theres not even a family ticket on offer. There killing there own shows!!
2 kids, 2 adults = $113 And thats just to get in the gate! Still gotta park the car ($20) then everything else on is only more $$$
I wonder what the rest of the shows are charging around the country in gate fee's this year
P4270001.JPG
P4270001.JPG (254.73 KiB) Viewed 13837 times
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Pretty stupid letter if you ask me, you're just wasting your time. It's business they're running here, not your christmas wishlist of what you'd like to see. I do have my thoughts on them but that letter isn't going to do much
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

And definately dell it's bloody ridiculous. Think with the family show too they know some people will just go there instead with cheaper rates so they didn't make a family ticket deal. Make the prices cheaper, more people through, more money spent on the facilities/exhibits in the show. And think of all the money they make from everyones ground fee's, animal entry fee's etc. Unbelievable.

Hawkesbury show prices this year were $20 adults and kids $10. Then family of 4 $40. Think Camden was the same price too, I still think it's a tad expensive but hey, nothings getting cheaper
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Tickets are about the same for melbourne show... and our show sucks ass
tziolasamusements

RexDragon wrote:Ok, here's my letter for DeafShow to give to Garry O'Neill

To the manager of OCS

Dear Mr. O'Neill

Rainbow is a classic ride and should never be left out in the dust. Why are you doing this? I know you''re concerned with late attractions like the SBF Visa Tower Coaster Fear, but come on. That ride isn't really a spectacular ride. Even the Fabbri Kamikaze Ranger had more going for it. Fear caused nothing but problems. It tends to break down, and the fun factor is low, from what I heard from most riders. Taipan was much more thrilling even if it didn't have a vertical hill or a loop. So, please, and I mean please, get Rainbow back on the showgrounds as soon as you can. If it's no longer any value to you, then give it to another showground organiser, like Watkins, Bell's, or March, anyone that will really pay attention to classic rides. It could have made a good position in Luna Park Sydney too, but other members might not agree with that as the amusement park in question had little to offer anyways. Gill Bros's Ali Baba is a joke, and so is Fear. I hope you'll take into account the concerns of other people out there who really have an appreciation for amusement rides.

Thnak you for your time

Yours sincerely

RexDragon
i'm sorry i'm not giving letter to garry from you... we had talked many times about bring the rainbow back on roads while i had been worked with him before
if you wish to do this you need go by yourself but he won't listen your letter he is busy doing other things
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

Ok. Fair enough. I'm just saddened to hear the Rainbow won't return to the showgrounds anymore. Shame, really.
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

Let's face it. Shows, carnivals and fairgrounds aren't as wonderful as they used to be. :(
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Yeah were never going to see amazing things like:

a Huss Pirate on a roof top
a Huss Rainbow rising over the tree tops at Moomba
Rainbow, Enterprise, Pirate and all our other amazing HUSS rides at the same show

:(

I still have hope for Rainbow though...
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Rex, if it means that much to you, offer Garry some coin for it, restore it, and operate it. But obviously you or I would not take on such a financial risk, so why should he??
P.s. If that letter was for real, no wonder amusement ride enthusiasts are not taken seriously in the industry...
"Slingshot , Engage"
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

financial risk? HUSS have made a fix for the arm, Klinkerfuss is running their MILLENIUM fine (for months now) and so is AntibesLand in France, as is FLEUR (also in france)
Rainbow is a far bigger money earner than FEAR and RANGER combined...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The work can be done by here so I was told. But looks as though there needs to be alot more work done cosmetically to the machine. And who knows after not running since 2008, could be other problems that have arisen. Who knows...
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:financial risk? HUSS have made a fix for the arm, Klinkerfuss is running their MILLENIUM fine (for months now) and so is AntibesLand in France, as is FLEUR (also in france)
Rainbow is a far bigger money earner than FEAR and RANGER combined...
Thanks for backing up my argument, Huss. It's really an outrage. A scandal at best.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

if only the sale of rainbow went through while des jnr was alive.... it may have gone to a showman that really cares for it....
i do have a feeling it will sell... just needs a showman that is ready to really bring it back to life...
tziolasamusements

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:if only the sale of rainbow went through while des jnr was alive.... it may have gone to a showman that really cares for it....
i do have a feeling it will sell... just needs a showman that is ready to really bring it back to life...
des jnr is alive and up at sydney running the portable splash toilets. des snr passed away after rainbow sold
hope someone buying the rainbow asap or i might buy in few years if money grows out of my pocket?
benclare

Post by benclare »

While I agree with all of you who love the Rainbow as I too think it's a good ride, I don't think it's really being missed by anyone except us ride fanatics who appreciate more than just the ride experience. The Ali Baba is as popular as ever and is much more economically viable in these hard times. I even know people who mistakenly call the Ali Baba Rainbow and when I explain the difference, they don't really see it and just say "same ride."

Yes it would be lovely if Rainbow was restored and sold and I personally think Luna Park Sydney would be a great spot for it to operate, near the main entrance of course where residents can't complain about the noise. It's nice to dream!