2011 Sydney Royal Easter Show

benclare

Re: 2011 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Post by benclare »

Finally, a huge thanks to March Amusements for the tickets which enabled me to come back to the Show last night!

I did place this in my previous post but it didn't turn out for some reason... Anyway, totally appreciated March Amusements!
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

We it looks like Fear won't get back on next year being 2 years in a row of breakdowns. Leaving a awesome spot for the return of the Rainbow! :D
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Not good about Fear, nevertheless I was happy I got to experience it at least once.... Hopefully Rainbow will be sorted this year. Surely OCS can see that Fear isn't proving to be the success that they thought. Rainbow has been a huge money earner every year it was on!
redhot

Post by redhot »

Fear was working fine all day yesterday.
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

redhot wrote:Fear was working fine all day yesterday.
Shame....
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

But since it broke down a couple of times at the RES, I doubt it would come back for next year.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The coaster is on a 3 year contact, so it will be back next year then no doubt we won't be seeing it again. The ride had a few problems early in the show. One of the first was a chain snapping on the drive motor which drives the cars back into the station. SO when that car was stuck and couldn't be moved, the next car was already on the way up the lift hill, computer picked up the car was still in the next block area, so the ride haulted the car going up the tower. They eventually pushed the car into the station and the car on the tower went through its cycle. They also replaced the motor that runs the lift hill, which still had problems so that again was pointless. Yes they've invested alot of money, money which has been wasted on a piece of crap such as Fear. And apparently Rainbow will be back next year, so Dylan O'Neill says anyway. WIll believe it when I see it.

Anyway had a great time at the show, worked the Power Surge over the 14 days. The rain on the long weekend and the first saturday stuffed everyone up. Except a great day on Good Friday when 150,000 people passed through the gates. Power Surge was looking fantastic with the new light boxes, boom sleeves repainted, lights replaced on boom and the new front signs. Another 2 slats are now being made for the two remaining outter lightpoles and the new control booth is on it's way.

All the gear was looking great, Crazy Coaster has had it's cars repainted and the whole ride itself is getting an overhaul this year which is great to hear. Had a ride on Gill's Disko which is a fun ride, quite enjoyed that. Miller's Pshycodelic, wow what a fantastic walk through. Great looking machine and is great fun inside. Unfortunately didn't get to try FJF's Hollywood Horror's which was very popular.

Was busy with work so didn't get any photos this year but a great time at the show, shame how quick 2 weeks goes.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

If you buy such a expensive and modern ride like fear, isn't it expected that will just simply work? If i was in there situation i wouldn't be happy with the manufacturer.
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Sounds like O'Neil invested into something that wasnt worth spending money on if its got to do with the ride manufacturer company.... After reading observations on each post they are better off bringing in the Rainbow and invest of refurbishment to its former glory.

Just a question did the Rainbow ever made an appearance to the Royal Show here in the west, i remember it as a child with two angels on both sides of the seating :)
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

Just a question did the Rainbow ever made an appearance to the Royal Show here in the west, i remember it as a child with two angels on both sides of the seating :)[/quote]

yes the rainbow had been to perth royal show many years which owned by wittingslow and they used have 4 angels
2 angels on both sides of the seating and 2 angels on the front of platform
wittingslow still have 2 in the workshop as collection which i am planning get one off from them
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I could have sworn Pyschodelic was owned by TPA... but anyways, great to hear about some of our gear getting overhauled again. Any idea if Power Surge is heading to Crackerjack in QLD again?

Also... from what I heard FEAR has always been a pretty bad ride... even when it was Cool n Fresh.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh it was unsuccessful in Europe, was taken back to the manufacturer and sat at the factory for a few years until O'Neill's purchased it. Power Surge will be doing the lower run again, guessing it will do the Crackerjack Festival again
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Good old SBF Visa... Will be great to see Power Surge again :)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

hopefully 2012 is the year Rainbow returns to shine its smiling sun over the midway, I heard too that OCS want it back on next year, and theyre planning on giving it a paint job (holds breath).... They also want people to email, call, etc the RAS and let them know how much we want this ride back....
hmmm if it does get on next year, ill be there for 14 days for sure!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

So Fear and Cool n Fresh are the same ride? wow I never knew this.

ps. anyone got photos of Psychodelic? (or ANY photos of R.E.S open?)
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:hopefully 2012 is the year Rainbow returns to shine its smiling sun over the midway, I heard too that OCS want it back on next year, and theyre planning on giving it a paint job (holds breath).... They also want people to email, call, etc the RAS and let them know how much we want this ride back....
hmmm if it does get on next year, ill be there for 14 days for sure!
I hope so! How many Rainbows are in Australia?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Fear and Cool n Fresh are the same unit made by SBF. The prototype made in the factory... and the only one ever built :P
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

Yeah. Fear was originally named Cool n Fresh during it's shifts in Holland before being shipped to Australia. Other than that, it's the biggest lemon I ever saw.

Hope Rainbow will make its return next year. That should mean that after this year's RES, it's the last we'll ever see Ali Baba. Well, it's not a bad ride, but it's a poor man's Huss Rainbow. That's all I could say about Ali Baba now. Sorry, Gill Bros. At least Disk-O was the best ride you offered to the RES so far. Oh, and Dazzleland, to answer your question on how many Rainbows are here in Australia, apparently, there's only one.

Hope other classics like Thunderbolt, Chaos, and the Claw will return to next year's RES. I would like to give Chaos and Claw a try...
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

RexDragon wrote:Yeah. Fear was originally named Cool n Fresh during it's shifts in Holland before being shipped to Australia. Other than that, it's the biggest lemon I ever saw.

Hope Rainbow will make its return next year. That should mean that after this year's RES, it's the last we'll ever see Ali Baba. Well, it's not a bad ride, but it's a poor man's Huss Rainbow. That's all I could say about Ali Baba now. Sorry, Gill Bros. At least Disk-O was the best ride you offered to the RES so far. Oh, and Dazzleland, to answer your question on how many Rainbows are here in Australia, apparently, there's only one.

Hope other classics like Thunderbolt, Chaos, and the Claw will return to next year's RES. I would like to give Chaos and Claw a try...
I do hope that Rainbow should return to the RAS next year too!
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Yeah I've got plenty of photos Zamperla. Get them up soon as i can.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Don't think we will be seeing Claw or Chaos on the showgrounds again any time soon... or Thunderbolt for that matter sadly. I have found a video on youtube of the 2011 carnival rides...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPCRWJAZ ... re=related

Power Surge's new light boxes look great
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Hey all. Just a few photos from coke a cola carnival area. Will do kids carnival soon.
Hope there alright

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Cheers for the photos hardrock. Should've come up and introduced yourself, you can even see me in some of those pics on the surge lol. Thanks again, makes up for my absence with photos. What day were you there?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Hardrock, great photo diary. thanks a lot for updlloading. You've taken exactly what I wanted to see.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

i should probably get off my backside and upload my photos...