Lithgow Show 2011 (photos added)

Top Gunner14

Lithgow Show 2011 (photos added)

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Lithgow show is on this weekend from Friday to Saturday (18th and 19th). Usually quite a small country show with it's character (one being the chill factor). Went a few years ago and the lineup wasn't too much with one or two majors then the odd regulars. One big drawcard has rocked up at the show for the first time this year and that being:

Skywalker
Midnight Madness
Tilt a Whirl
x2 Cha Cha
Dodgem Track
Few kids rides and inflatables
Sideshow games
Food Canteens

Not a big lineup but something new for Lithgow to see that being March's ride which should do quite well there. There may be some more gear that may turn up at the last minute but thats it for now. I'll probably be heading up on Saturday so will definately get some photos and maybe a video. Hopefully might get to see Young's classic Tilt there too

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSRAINBOW

Re: Lithgow Show 2011

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

if anyone goes, go say hi to skye at skywalker! shes great fun
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

No worries mate haha
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Got to the show yesterday arvo, not great weather bit of drizzle around, alright crowd considering the rain though. Shame for the operators and the show society. Must say good lineup this year at the show, most gear I'd ever seen at the show with:

Twister
Skywalker
x2 Dodgem Tracks (Watkin's & Brown's)
Midnight Madness
Kamikaze
x2 Cha Cha (Taylor's & Young's)
Twister (Brown's Tilt a Whirl)
Music Trip
Flashdance
Bungy Tramps
Kids Rides and Inflatables
Sideshow joints

Will upload photos shortly
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

wheres your photos gone too?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

No where they weren't up until now.

Must say a good lineup at this years show, biggest I'd ever seen with some rides I hadn't seen before. Good crowd there considering the weather. Skywalker turned up this year stopping off on their way back upto Tamworth, good see such a big ride at this small country show. Midnight Madness was there again and has had quite a bit of work done to it. Backdrop, control and ticket booths had been repainted, looking nice and bright. The tower and arm are getting done soon but good to see Watkin's putting some money and effort into the machine.

Kamikaze also showed up and that was my first time seeing that and Brown's Twister. Kamikaze looks good with its lights (sadly forgot to get a photo) and the position it was in there was only one angle to get photos but then it had the sun in the background. Also it had some work done to the drive computers a few weeks back. The ride now only takes a short amount of swings to get over the top, considering its a model with the shorter top half of the arms and counterweights, it effortlessly loops over the top now. Apparently that will be getting repainted sometime soon too.

Paul Watkin's Dodgem Track has had new top panels and paint done which looks great, also the ticket box got a repaint. Few disco lights and smoke machine have been added which give a bit more of a fun atmosphere of a night. So thats looking nice now. Also Taylor's Cha is looking great now with the paintwork. Was easily the more popular ride over Young's model but then again also in a better position. Was my first time seeing Brown's Twister too and what a flash looking Tilt, can only compare it to Young's as that's the only other model I've seen. Nice big bright backdrop and colourfull artwork. Didn't have any riders early in the arvo but did pick up. Anyway heres a few photos:

Flashdance:

Brown's Dodgem Track:

Music Trip:

Young's Cha Cha:

Twister (Tilt):

Taylor's Cha Cha:

Midnight Madness:

Watkin's Dodgem Track:

Skywalker:

Forgot to get a photo of Young's Twister and only got one photo of Skywalker which is weird for me lol. Anyway enjoy...

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Re: Lithgow Show 2011 (photos added)

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

thanks for the photos....

the backdrop on Midnight Madness doesnt fit the ride in the slightest.... :roll:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, it's good to see Watkins investing some money into the ride... but IMO that backdrop really looks like crap. Sorry to sound so negative but it does not match the ride in the slightest, and just really looks like a tacky paintjob. Unless the ride is getting a name change in the very near future I think it was a very poor choice. Also good to hear about the Kamikaze having some work done to it, I am very glad to hear it's getting a paintjob because trust me... the ride needs the work done! Hopefully the lights aren't all mismatched colors like they were when I saw them at Toowoomba show last year. IMO Shockwave is still one of the "cleanest" looking Kamikaze's that we have with the color scheme and lights in the original 1993 scheme.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Great as usual TG! refresh my memory. Midnight Madness is a Miami Music Trip isn't it?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Ali Baba benny :D
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I like the background of it with the colour bursts from the tower but the characters look pretty chat if you ask me (cheap looking), especially ol' mate on the left side of the backdrop down the bottom. But the tower and arm are still yet to be repainted, I'm also guessing the boat will get a repaint too
redhot

Post by redhot »

Top Gunner14 wrote:I like the background of it with the colour bursts from the tower but the characters look pretty chat if you ask me (cheap looking), especially ol' mate on the left side of the backdrop down the bottom. But the tower and arm are still yet to be repainted, I'm also guessing the boat will get a repaint too
Chicks on the righthand side almost looks like they got no tops on! :)
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

princess

Post by princess »

Well it got YOUR attention :lol:
islander

Post by islander »

That backdrop on midnight madness Is. The brightess backdrop I have ever seen but I only see tassie rides it. really stands out over the other rides at that show