Hawkesbury Show 2011 (Exclusive: First photos of Extreme)

redhot

Re: Hawkesbury Show 2011 (Exclusive: First photos of Extreme

Post by redhot »

My first visit to the Hawkesbury Show Saturday afternoon, pretty good line up of rides and was quite busy while i was there.
Took a few pictures and a video of Extreme..

Offride video of Extreme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWsKC7PHmww
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Cheerz for the vid.How much they asking per ride?.
ImageImage
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

another question - is that Young's Tilt?
benclare

Post by benclare »

Awesome! The ride sounds really fun and I can't wait to try it.

I was thinking about Hawkesbury all weekend and even sent Dad along to take a look for me. I did ask him to have a ride on Extreme but he said it looked too much for him so did Crazy Coaster instead which is usually one of my faves at that Show along with No limit which is different riding there than at RES for some reason.

Can't wait for your review TG!
princess

Post by princess »

Your dad is the greatest Ben :)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Had an alright weekend out at Hawkesbury, very cold at that too! Must say crowds looked to be done as usual but that would've definately had to do with the cold weather. Great line-up of rides too but one absence that was very noticeable was the Sky-View Wheel which on contract was placed back into Darling Harbour straight after sydney show.

I had work as usual with Better Amusement's and were lucky to have used the ground where Sky View used to be put up. We had the Rockin' Tug, Fantasy Cups, Rocket Ride and Fun Slide there reach proved to be good, slide and rockin' tug did quite well. Pirate's Revenge sadly didn't do so well obviously with the cold weather. Saturday night compared to last year was pretty poor, from around 8 o'clock onwards we were running $5 rides. Friday and Saturday I was working the Fantasy Cups while working Saturday night and Sunday arvo on the flume. Sunday had a bit of fun working and spruiking the deck of the Rockin' Tug of course making a fool of myself but all in the name of fun haha. But as I was working didn't get any photos either...

Pickett's new ride EXTREME proved to be quite popular, great ride has that real party atmosphere about it. WOuld say it's definately the party ride of 2011 and reccomend riding it at night. They charge $8 a ride and $10 of a night time which IMO is definately a bang for your buck.

Was god to see Young's Tilt back at the show not sure how it went but didn't seem to popular with this classic sadly. Also finally got a chance to ride Young's Cha, been meaning to ride it for ages after hearing it's one of the fastest. So sunday arvo hoped on and damn this thing is mental! Pete the operator did not disappoint probably at least a 5 minute ride. Stopped halfway to let 2 people off who couldn't handle it I went to jump out and he told me to stay put as he gave us another spin. But farr out easily the fastest Cha I've ever ridden, great ride and will definately be hoping on again next I see it.

Show season and work over for me now until around August sadly, as usual met a heap of good people and had a great time working

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Wow... nice pics TG, how do you get so close up with them setting up.... here at my show i cant even go near there, do you like have permission to look at them and stuff??
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Just walk in the showgrounds, gates are are always open here and no you don't need permission. Just gotta watch yourself and have a bit of common sence obviously not to walk in the way of trucks and get in the way of workers etc.
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Top Gunner14 wrote:Just walk in the showgrounds, gates are are always open here and no you don't need permission. Just gotta watch yourself and have a bit of common sence obviously not to walk in the way of trucks and get in the way of workers etc.
Would the same thing apply to the Royal Adelaide Show?
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

okay, and yeah the gates are always open before the show is on and after open as well.... so you cant get into trouble if you walk into the grounds, would the ride people mind if i took pics of them setting up you reckon???
benclare

Post by benclare »

It is difficult getting too close to the carnival area in Sydney when it is being set up unless you know someone or will be working there. I assume it is the same for other capital shows but in my experience, regional showgrounds are much less secure with minimal security personnel manning entry points before the show opens.