Penrith Show 2011

Top Gunner14

Penrith Show 2011

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Show is on tomorrow and Sunday dunno what gear is out there, definately know Chant's have no gear there at all which was a surprise. We're taking out Hurricane, Cha Cha and probably one or two kids rides. I'll be on the Hurricane there most likely and will try get a few photos. WIll write up the line-up possibly Sunday morning. Looks like good weather for the 2 days so hopefully the crowds will come support the show

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Steve07

Re: Penrith Show 2011

Post by Steve07 »

Hmmm.... sounds nice TP, is Penrith a Big show??
princess

Post by princess »

Penrith used to a very big show, does not sound like a big one now, should be a great day for it.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Not the best show, gets worse and worse each year. Weird weather on saturday morning kept crowds away for the morning until the arvo. Rest of the show was good weather. Didn't get any photos but lineup was:

Flashdance
The Ultimate Party Machine
x2 Dodgem Tracks (Young's and Watkin's)
Kamikaze
Midnight Madness
Hurricane
Twister
Cha Cha
Fun Slide
Kids Rides
Inflatables

Not a bad lineup was good to see Gill's Kamikaze for the first time which was quite popular and good to see the Party Machine although didn't do too well with the Madness there.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'd forgotten all about this one!

Sunday would've been magic weatherwise out there but a shame the ride line-up is shrinking. I remember when Penrith was a big show. I think it used to be on in early February too.

Thanks as usual for the review TG!
princess

Post by princess »

If my memory serves me correctly all the Sydney shows ran one after the other, usually before sydney show, all bar hawkesbury which pretty sure was always after Sydney, all those shows used to be great shows, blacktown, castle hill, brookvale, penrith.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes I think you're right. February and March were always my favourite months in NSW! Big shows back when I was a kid were Castle Hill, Blacktown, St. Ives, Luddenham, Gosford, Nowra, Camden, Campbelltown and of course Hawkesbury. While most of these are still running except for Campbelltown, they are not what they used to be except for Hawkesbury which has really increased in size over the years although it has always been good I think. Even Wittingslow Amusements used to show up for that one!