Crestwood Fair

benclare

Crestwood Fair

Post by benclare »

The Crestwood Fair, part of the anual Orange Blossom Festival held in Sydney's Hills District will be on this Sunday, 18 September at Crestwood School in Baulkham Hills. I have heard this is quite a big event with a decent selection of carnival rides although I don't know what the line-up is. I'm guessing local operators will be doing this one with most of the majors making their way to Perth and Melbourne. Does anyone know what might be turning up? I guess Ranger, Topgun, Waveswinger, Ali Baba etc are possibilities.

I will try to get along to the Fair this Sunday; hopefully it'll be a good day!
Top Gunner14

Re: Crestwood Fair

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Not sure could be John Phelan, Foster's Amusement's or Aussie Amusement's.
Won't be us as we have all our gear down at Peakhurst for the Lugarno Lions Club Spring Festival
benclare

Re: Crestwood Fair

Post by benclare »

I called in for a few minutes earlier today and I must say the selection of carnival rides was very disappointing especially since the amount of land available could've easily housed a carnival larger than the Royal Easter Show and the amount of people the fair apparently attracts every year. The carnival consisted of a selection of Foster's and associated gear as correctly predicted by Topgunner with Ali Baba and Roundup being the only thrill rides along with a heap of kiddy inflatables and games. I was a bit surprised not to see the Top Gun there and it would've been a boost to the carnival to have it operating.

For all that, it was worth calling in for a few minutes and I was pleased to see that part of the money raised through the rides is going towards a disability unit for Crestwood High School. This fair definitely has legs and I would love to see it expand in the future, not just in the carnival but entertainment area as well.