2012 Sydney Royal Easter Show

benclare

2012 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Post by benclare »

I almost can't believe we're sort of heading around to that time of year again. The NSW show season is in full swing and all that leads to one thing, the Sydney Easter Show!

I took a quick look at the website and apparently the new rides this year include rock Star and Extreme, both of which aren't too surprising although it's sort of strange Rock Star being advertised as a new ride as it is only a replacement Ali Baba isn't it? I also couldn't find Fear written up there, could it not be appearing this year? Sadly, I am pretty sure Rainbow isn't on and still no Hurricane or Turbo either. Still, I am starting to get excited about the upcoming RES which runs from 5 to 18 April. Although I am yet to plan anything, I will probably go on the first day to take advantage of the wrist band deal. I see it is $35.00; wasn't it $25.00 last year? Inflation sucks! I am seriously thinking of purchasing coupons online.

I am a bit of a RES tragic and have organised to come home from Samoa just in time to go to it. Perhaps I could become Show legend one day for making that effort! :lol: I can't wait to read your reviews, thoughts and other RES related info as the time draws closer and of course during the Show itself.
tziolasamusements

Re: 2012 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Post by tziolasamusements »

rainbow still not ready to running spoke to my mate who owns and say waiting for parts to collect...
will be ready next year or so then sydney shows need nominated the rainbow after done the overhaul
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I can't believe it either Ben, come around very quick. Yeh definately no surprise with those 2 new rides on the main area. Doesn't surprise me Gill's got the boots for Chant's Ali. Just more modern looking of course... Actually heard they may have the position Power Surge usually has opposite that street which isn't what I wanted to happen :lol:
Joyland's have got the Jurrasic Coaster on which is great, Coleman's Goldmine Coaster got the boot for that. And interesting to see someone's got a Zamperla Kite Flyer on in the carnival area. Also I think I read Skyview isn't on? Anyone know what's the go with that?

Ofcourse Rainbow isn't, Garry just needs to sell the frigen thing, can't see it ever coming back. Will just rust away at Edmondson Park for years. And good to know Fear isn't on either, no way it deserved a spot back at the show
princess

Post by princess »

Wheres the dam like button..... I don't think fear could of run the risk again, must have cost a fortune in rent.

Yes it has come very quickly, my daughter is getting married, at this time too, so not sure how I will be placed going this year, I am sure I will squeeze it in somewhere.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

hopefully with fear not appearing, it will push OCS to get rainbow back up... it's a far better money earner than fear ever was! it's their biggest drawcard, and fun for everyone, not just teens
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Has Rainbow ever traveled into Queensland??
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

Steve07 wrote:Has Rainbow ever traveled into Queensland??
yes rainbow been travelled to queensland long time ago travel around australia expect darwin
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

You know the show's only 5 weeks away when you see this...
03032012.jpg
03032012.jpg (191.71 KiB) Viewed 19692 times
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

should just stay like that...
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

I see they're already setting up the Ferris Wheel.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Went in yesterday to the showground to set-up the Power Surge. Pirates Revenge and Crazy Coaster were complete while Taipan has had station and the start of the lift hill set-up. Haunted Hotel, Carnevil and Rock N Roll were parked on position. Crazy Cars was dropped onto the ground. Mega Drop was parked at the yard and left a short time after us and was parked. Space Roller and the rest of the Skymaster also arrived yesterday.

Got a pic of the Surge parked on position, not the best pic but better than nothing. Didn't get any other photos...
25032012.jpg
25032012.jpg (129.16 KiB) Viewed 19477 times
Cheers
Top Gunner14
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

Must be getting full on now not long before it's on again.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Forgot to also mention Magic Circus is in the main carnival area which is good news for Verfuth's with 3 rides in that area. Seen a few photo's of O'Neill's new Super Slide on the RES facebook page, even has a moving travelator apparently. Very suprised this is on, would've thought of all people Jamie Pickett would've got the EuroSlide on. Which he has been trying to get on for ages...
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

surprised o'neills have anything on these days... Ranger isnt even on... how long before we can cross them off the traveling circuit all together!
benclare

Post by benclare »

Only three days to go and I'm sure getting excited! I don't know yet when I'm heading down there but probably after the Easter weekend. I can't wait to try Extreme which from all accounts is an awesome ride. I read in an E-mail sent by the RES that this unit goes upside down which surprised me as I thought it was a faster version of the Remix which doesn't invert. Anyway, I'll find out for myself in a short while!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

It definetly doesn't go upside down, but you get pretty inverted on the outer seat!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:surprised o'neills have anything on these days... Ranger isnt even on... how long before we can cross them off the traveling circuit all together!
Apparently Ranger is f#*ked so I heard with Hangover replacing it. But most people know why they get so much gear on...
Anyway I'm heading into work tomorrow on the Power Surge and for the remainder of the show, so if anyone wants to meet up, you know where to find me

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

oh nice, another ride theyve ruined!
princess

Post by princess »

How old is ranger??? Nothing lasts forever.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

been here since the early 80's with wittingslow, they kept it in pretty perfect condition, OCS has had countless problems with it.... do we remember the incident of the car falling on a worker at Moomba?
benclare

Post by benclare »

Am heading down there on Monday or Tuesday and am pretty excited too.

I'm on a small budget this year so will limit my ride experiences but will spend a lot of time in the carnival and will do a couple I'm sure. What rides are not to be missed do you reckon? I think Extreme will be on my list, what else is giving a real value for money ride this year? I look forward to your responses!

I am sorry the Ranger is broken. It is always a favourite of mine but I'm aware it has been having problems over the past few years. As Princess said, nothing lasts for ever! Hangover is a good substitute though.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

wouldnt surprise me if it has something to do with the speed sensor that was removed...
benclare

Post by benclare »

Was at the RES for a short time this arvo and despite the crowds I did pop into the carnival which was pumping I must say.

Sky Walker

Luke had the most amazing sound system which really created a fun atmosphere. I think it was playing that song Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5; very nice and a long ride cycle each time too!

Extreme

Awesomely popular and awesomely amazing! a fantastic investment for TPA and I think we'll see this ride on the circuit for many years to come.

Hangover

As I said previously, a worthy replacement for the Ranger and it was doing brisk business. At one point it stayed upside down for so long I thought it had broken down but all was fine.

That was all I had time to do as this visit was more focussed on other areas of the Show which I did enjoy. I'm heading back on Thursday and will check out some more rides, not too many more though as the new prices are unbelievable and are starting to become unaffordable for me. A great day though and as always, I recommend it!
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks for the review Ben.
princess

Post by princess »

Channel 10 just said that sling shot was the scariest ride at the show, I don't ride anymore, but I would have thought No Limit would be the scariest ride???? Whats anyone else think??