Cootamundra Show 2012 (pics added )

Monkeypie

Cootamundra Show 2012 (pics added )

Post by Monkeypie »

Hi guys, my local show is on this weekend. Went past the showground today, so far we have Zipper and Tornado ( both which we have not had before ) twister, dodgems , fun factory and something of Flaherty's which I could not see properly. I'm sure more will turn up through the week as we usually have a bit more than this. Not sure if I will be riding this year as I have a busted eardrum :(
Last edited by Monkeypie on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkeypie

Re: Cootamundra Show 2012

Post by Monkeypie »

Ok we also have Shockwave , Octopus , Hurricane and a Ghost train. They were in the process of setting up Twister and Dodgems when I went past today. :D
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

now that's a great little show, there are at least four of my all time favourite classic rides there and I could ride them happily all day long and not get board one bit.....hmmm, this has me wondering if somehow I could get there this weekend, I've never been to Cootamundra in my life before, so it could be a good excuse for a trip away. Not sure though :?
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yep definitely a great regional show and quite popular too I believe.

Albury is on in the next few weeks and that usually has a good line-up as well.
Monkeypie

Post by Monkeypie »

I think I might go on the Hurricane my 4 year old son wanted to go on it last year but wasn't quite tall enough! I have missed out on going on Shockwave the last couple of years and don't think i'll be able to this year aswell. I would love to try the Zipper one day but I always chicken out lol
The Limit

Post by The Limit »

I am doing the fireworks there on Saturday
Monkeypie

Post by Monkeypie »

Oh Cool are they actually going to be good this year? lol I think I read that the Showmans Guild is sponsoring them? Is this right?
Monkeypie

Post by Monkeypie »

Looks like the Hurricane is gone now :( It was still there lastnight but cannot see it now. My son will be disappointed and I was looking forward to it aswell. Hopefully it is just hiding somewhere.
Monkeypie

Post by Monkeypie »

Ok so I went to the show today was pretty good and lovely weather. Went on Dodgems , Ghost Train and took my 4 year old son on the Twister. I had never been on it before and it wasn't my thing lol but my son loved it. I asked one of the guys from Browns about the Hurricane and he said it had gone to The Rock show which was on today also. Here are some pics I took.
Tornado

Zipper
Twister
Octopus
Shockwave
Ghost Train
Some Inflatables
Top Gunner14

Re: Cootamundra Show 2012 (pics added )

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for the photos, not a bad line-up if you ask me. I'm still yet to see and ride an Octopus, good to see a classic like that still out about
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Glad to see the Shockwave looking in better condition since I last saw it, looks like it's either had a repaint or a damn good wash recently! The Zipper and Tilt is looking good too. Hopefully Flarherty's do up the Octopus soon as it's looking a bit tired though. But it is what... nearly 60 years old :P
Monkeypie

Post by Monkeypie »

Shockwave lookd good however only one sides lights were working lastnight and Zipper had no lights except on the sign. Rides were all pretty full lastnight too.
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Good pics monkeypie. Good to see someone owns a camera. Shockwaves forsale that's probly y it looks so clean.
Been few years since I've seen a working octopus and rode one.Probly 20 years ago at Nelsons Bay. Looks in good nick for its age.
Monkeypie

Post by Monkeypie »

Octopus does look good. I didn't realise it was so old! Forgot to mention we also had a Zipline this year, didn't see many people going on it though. I took these pics on my phone , I was surprised at how good of a photo it takes!
Monkeypie

Post by Monkeypie »

Local show is on again this weekend not much there. Less than last year, unless more shows up! Most of Flaherty's gear is there including Alien Fighter. Also the Twister (tilt) but that is all. Don't know if it will be worth taking any pics this year...
redhot

Post by redhot »

take some anyway, be good to see..
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Monkeypie

Post by Monkeypie »

haha ok. Hurricane is there now thank god my son has been pestering me to take it on him for 2 years lol.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

How that ZIPPER still gets work is beyond me....

I wish that Shockwave would come to Melbourne, its such a nice Kamikaze!
Monkeypie

Post by Monkeypie »

The Zipper is not here this year , didn't seem to be very popular last year though. The Hurricane seems to have disappeared this morning! hopefully is returns lol or I will have a devastated little boy! Will take some pics tomorrow and post them if they look any different to last years lol.
Monkeypie

Post by Monkeypie »

Actually THAT Zipper is there now...