2013 Sydney Royal Easter Show

HUSSRAINBOW

Re: 2013 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

2013... by far the worst year i've ever been. The Easter Show has become one of the worst out of them all.

fail.
princess

Post by princess »

Also the ring entertainment was pathetic,the saving grace were the monster trucks. This was followed by this very large human puppet that walked right around the ring, that's when I left, even though I was extremely tired there was no way I was going to endure that!

Ok so what was different this year? Was it because it wasn't in the school holidays???
benclare

Post by benclare »

You can't please everyone I suppose. I personally enjoyed the Show as much as I always do. Perhaps this is because I don't get to as many shows and carnivals as others on this forum so it's always exciting for me when I do go.

By the way, I posted the suggestion about seating and shade in the carnival area on the Easter Show's Facebook page and it got quite a few comments and a response from the Show itself, saying they would seriously look at the issue. Fingers crossed the carnival will be more comfortable in hot weather from now on!

In case you're interested, next year's RES will run from 10 to 23 April, all during the school holidays.
princess

Post by princess »

Looking for the like button, well done Ben
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

I doubt next year's RES will be any better. No one's gonna bring back Rainbow at all... :(

The showgrounds have gone downhill since 2009.
The Limit

Post by The Limit »

No limit tamer just ask Topgunner how tame no limit is :lol:
princess

Post by princess »

No limit you know when there is someone riding that you want to give a great ride to, you pull out all the stops, rightly so, you may not have been operating while I was getting my yearly fix. :wink:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Elwin has given me some of the best rides on NO LIMIT, nothing will ever beat rushing through the station upside down... Possibly the best feeling on any ride!
The show just lacks atmosphere these days, no classic thrill rides except for Zipper. What i'd give to see even PIRATE back on the midway.... Of course rides today are totally different to the massive HUSS pieces but it just doesnt feel the same anymore.
princess

Post by princess »

Hasn't felt the same since 1997
v8dodgem

Post by v8dodgem »

worst show ever numbers down except for good friday were i only ran raupen bahn in reverse to keep up with cue wich was down past clifhanger most of day
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Definately down on recent years ofcourse due to not being school holidays. Good Friday was just ridiculous, over 130,000 through the gate i'd never seen a crowd like it. You could hardly move around the carnival area. But a very slow show the week leading up to the long weekend was just dead. But Power Surge didn't do too bad I spose compared to some of the other rides.
I didn't get much of a chance to get on too many rides, only hoped on XXXL, hard Rock, Space Roller and No Limit, yeh No Limit any tamer, bulls***.... Not to mention seeing stars on the first cycle with my head spinning. then having the platform rise thinking I was getting off down it went then we went back over a few times. Dunno how I used to ride it over and over again :lol:
princess wrote:Had a pleasant day at the show yesterday, not a huge amount of people, two or three people on rides during the day, there was an improvement after dark. I was watching Power Surge, thinking that there was some great operator/rider interaction, I looked over to see Topgunner at the controls, well done TG, its a hard thing to do after 10 days at the show. There was quite a bit of over the public, very noticeable at this stage of the show, not in the carnival area, cause every buck counts, but by the stall holders.

I was very entertained by the lovely Asian man on the hammer joint, spruking, at the end of the night, this joint had about 10 people all watching a couple of guys having a go, also by a lovely Caribbean man trying to get me to have a go, on the joint he was working on, he was the only one who attempted to draw me in, (must be my age, or the look of don't bother) still he was cute enough to have a laugh and he was also, just cute!!! Loved the guy throwing the ball at peoples feet to get them to stop, very creative.

The atmosphere left a lot to be desired, only in the evening was the music pumping a little, that is the only time that I heard it actually.

I stood and watched No Limit, Hangover, Space Roller, not sure if it was just me, but No Limit still held me in awe, but I felt that it was a little tamer than in other years???

I am sure that everyone will be looking forward to the Easter Show being held in the school holidays again.
I suprised myself too princess but just another day at work, good seeing you again