My hopes and predictions for RES 2007

Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

(after she rides the Zipper though)
princess

Post by princess »

At least you are persistant and consistant :?
princess

Post by princess »

Is it me or is something missing, we are a couple of weeks away from showtime and mmmmmmmmm, we dont seem to be very revved up, whats up, or is it just me feeling a little blah. :roll: :?
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

Well the Gold Mine Coaster is all set up ready for its first customers an gear should be arriving anytime from now onwards since the RES now has control of the grounds.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
princess

Post by princess »

You should get some early photos Aussie, where will it be set up
Aussie Ride Broker

The Coaster is located opposite the Accor Arena and is the first ride you'll see when you come through that gate. This forum won't let me upload my photos and have discussed this several times with Mat about it.

Both OZ & I will be on the Coaster the first day of the Show so if you are coming on the Thursday just let me know and we'll try and catch up for a short time.

benclare

Post by benclare »

I am very excited about the upcoming RES and can hardly wait for it to begin. If it was a regular year, the show would start next Friday but of course we have to wait an extra six days, very difficult for me to take!

Anyway, I'm not sure yet what day or days I'll be able to get out there because I'm flat out with work but will try for the first day so I can catch up with you guys on the Goldmine Coaster. Speaking of the GM, I think it'll do well in the Kids Carnival as Speed and the Slingshot did before it. Will Speed be in the main carnival this year? The website seems to suggest this but I can't be sure. Bring on RES 2007! :D
princess

Post by princess »

yah Ben, glad that you are looking forward to the show, I will probably be there on the first day too.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

aussie, its not hard to upload photos to a site, and then link them... thats what I do....
also its ACER ARENA!
benclare

Post by benclare »

Olympic Boulevard is a great place for rides and the Kids Carnival has been there every year since Homebush opened in 98. I can't believe the RES has been there that long! I do miss the old Moore Park location as it had a certain atmosphere about it but the carnival at the Homebush location is much bigger and of course there are more rides operating there. I remember a really scary thing about the old site was when horses used to run at full speed right through the middle of the rides and everyone would hurriedly get out of the way. It sure was dangerous and I was always amazed no one got really hurt in there.

One thing they should put in at Homebush is a chairlift, linking the Kids Carnival on Olympic Boulevard to the main carnival on Australia Avenue. I always enjoyed the one at the old site and it is a long walk at Homebush, especially towards the end of the day. They do have a small train that of course costs a bomb to ride but it doesn't have the atmosphere of the old chairlift. Moore Park also had a skyway that ran through the middle of the carnival area from the Horden Pavilian entrance through to the showbag hall and Lang Road.

Enough of my old memories... :)
princess

Post by princess »

There is alot that I want back too Ben, dont worry we have gone over this topic before, the atmosphere is getting a little better, still plastic, but so is everything now we should now call it the McEaster Show. :lol:
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

I cant wait wait for the show either, ill be heading out on friday the 13th OOOOHHH! anny body know the officail ride line up, is insainity going i really wanna try it i hope turbo makes a resurection to
ride the zipper!!
benclare

Post by benclare »

I haven't seen the official lineup but I'm pretty sure Insanity won't be there. Please correct me if I'm wrong! I'm also pretty sure Splash Canyon will be missing again, perhaps because a lot of room will be taken up by the new Skyview Wheel. Incidentally, does anyone know the cost for riding this new wheel? I'm guessing about $10.00 per person although I do hope there's a discount for kids as they are really promoting this ride as a family attraction. I'll probably give it a go, mainly just to say I've done it.

I really hope to catch up with some of you out there this year. My plan is to go on the first day which should be the least crowded as school holidays aren't on although I suspect many kids will be taking the day off... I'm hoping someone can fill in for me here at work, otherwise I'll have to wait until Saturday or the following weekend which would be disappointing.
princess

Post by princess »

Well seems we do have a knew thrill ride there this year, its big and round and turns in a circle, who is game to ride, come one come all, dare your senses, who will be the first to ride this magnificent thrill ride. :shock: :D (sorry could'nt help myself) :lol:
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

The new sky view wheel is in there getting set up, it has been there for a couple days now. This wheel is going where the arnotts biscuit truck used to go. I couldn't see it being $10 a head i reakon bout 6 -8 dollars or some thing. I've got a website i want everyone to look at aswel, look at the new love express. [/url]www.ausfun.com.au[url]

cheers ozshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
princess

Post by princess »

I was out homebush way yesterday, definitely feeling the vibe around there now.

Dont mean to boast (okay yes I do) that is where I said the wheel was going to be set up on page 1 of these posts.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

haha you know im gonna ask this princess, but is Rainbow there yet?

and yes, another matterhorn type ride, and ANOTHER KAMIKAZE for australia... TPA come on!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Heres a grab from a webcam thats on the skate ramps (no there arent cams for anywhere else in the grounds)
you can see the new wheel.... doesnt look that big to me..

princess

Post by princess »

Sorry I dont know yet Huss, also look at the size of the people next to what is being set up, they are so tiny.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

haha yeah I just noticed... it is pretty big.. shame on the bland colour of the supports
benclare

Post by benclare »

Sounds excellent! I will try to get down to Homebush before next week to catch some of the atmosphere. I imagine the Rainbow would be on the grounds and would be well on the way to being fully assembled. I'm guessing the same for Taipan and Skymaster Wheel.

This Love Express ride, it isn't the one which was in Brisbane two years ago and in Wollongong last Christmas? I've never ridden this one before but I do like these type of rides with bell's Thunderbolt being my favourite due to its unbelievable speed.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

cars are on the skymaster, no tarps yet.
also this is a new LOVE EXPRESS, a nicer german model. The other one is owned by O'Neills
Aussie Ride Broker

I'm counting down the days when I take the GMC through its full run. Cause we are talking at just under 2 minute ride on it... A real value for money for the riders. If you want to meet me I'm the guy in the SBF- Visa International shirt on wearing the Australian Amusement Brokers cap.

kiwi

Ferris wheel

Post by kiwi »

How big is the wheel, how many trailers, and who owns it. Looks rather impressive.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Princess you better be at the show on April 14 or 15.... ILL BE THERE!
managed to talk friends into flying up for the weekend, cant wait!