My hopes and predictions for RES 2007

benclare

My hopes and predictions for RES 2007

Post by benclare »

Hi all!

I know it's just under three months until the Royal Easter Show but I was thinking about what we're likely to encounter as far as rides go this year and I wanted to share with you what I reckon will make an appearance and what I hope will be there. I'm pretty sure the RAS will have almost finalised their attraction list and some of you probably already know the ride line-up so feel free to correct me as I'm likely to be wrong...

As for new rides, I reckon there will be three, Insanity, Crazy Rider and the Power Surge. It is possible the new Ferris Wheel that is currently in Geelong and was at Melbourne Show last year will also be there but I doubt it because Durkin's Skymaster Wheel is sure to be in its usual spot. that said, the Star Dancer, then known as the Centrepoint 2000 coexisted at the RES and several other capital shows for about three years so it's possible for two large Ferris Wheels to attract people at major shows.

I hope we'll see the return of several rides, including Splash Canyon, Turbo, Flash Dance and the Force Ten. I think most of these won't be at the RES this year but I do think Flash Dance and Splash are possibilities. I also think the Rainbow will be back as it is always a huge crowd pleaser, both on AAF and elseware and I think O'Neil's Ranger will find its way onto the attraction list, despite it being fairly old and some talk on here it is set to be replaced.

So, what do you think? I'd be interested to hear your oppinions on this and perhaps suggest things I have overlooked.

One of my final hopes for this year is that they will have more seating in the carnival area as discussed last year. I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed though as I was in the area recently and there certainly weren't any extra seats on Australia Avenue then. Still temporary seating can be put up in a flash so I guess anything's possible. Some shade cloth would also be nice as I'm often horribly sunburnt after a day in the RES carnival. Of course I should wear more sunscreen and it's much better than having rain as at least all the rides can work properly in the sunshine... :)
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

I can tell you there is another ride on its way from Italy which will premier at the RES.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

Sweet a new ride i cant wait i hope its a out of controll thirill ride thats stands up to the zipper....wait not nny ride can do that ben i agree with you about turbo i really would like to know the whareabouts of this ride i really hope it will run again because i never got to ride it and evrybody says its second best from the zipper!
ride the zipper!!
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

I can tell you there will be more new rides than you think and they will all be world class, one has reportedly cost 2.5 million already andit ain't here yet. keep your ears to the ground and you eyes to the sea, cause the RES is where all tha new rides are all gunna be.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
PNC

Post by PNC »

can you tell us what this new ride is or who owns it
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

If i could tell you i would but unfortunetly i can't :cry: sorry, u all gunna just have to wait and see.

Cheers OZshowkid
princess

Post by princess »

Well if they are good rides, why not talk them up, or are the kiddy rides? :roll:
benclare

Post by benclare »

Cool! 8) I'm going out of my mind wondering what these new rides could be. Something costing over two million dollars is sure to be something good. I do wonder what will be kicked off the RES midway to make way for these new attractions. I hope O'Neil's Ranger and Rainbow don't get the boot and I wouldn't like to see the Hurricane miss out either. It's just over two months until all will be revealed!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

OzShowKid, very promising indeed.
princess

Post by princess »

mmm
Last edited by princess on Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I doubt Rainbow would get the boot... maybe in years to come it might be moved on the midway, but its a real money earner... hopefully Wittingslow can get PIRATE up there this year.... shame though from jan 25-28 it was down.... problems with the lap bars :(
Lee

Post by Lee »

Crazy Rider at this stage wont be at the royal easter show, if you want it there we better petition the guy in charge.

I was told that there will only be new kids rides there 2
princess

Post by princess »

Just heard today that the new ferris wheel will be at Sydney, apparently Skymaster will be to, they will be putting this other wheel near the kids ride area, where the Arnotts Bikkie area is or was.

Also saw O'Neills setting up for their Australia Day Carnival, (sorry no Rainbow) they appeared to have a new Kiddies ride, I did not see it in action, but it was Two giant bears, dont know what they do, but they were giant bears.

Funny that there is a new family ride, Crazy Rider and RES are not putting it on, go figure.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Thats O'Neills new kiddy BEAR AFFAIR, 4 bears on 4 struts go around in a circle.,..and you can spin the bear at your own speed... its like those apple things that you find in parks....
benclare

Post by benclare »

Interesting! I'm fairly sure there will be at least one new thrill ride at this year's RES which is usually the policy. both Ferris Wheels will be crowd pleasers nothing surer and it is puzzling about the Crazy Rider. Perhaps it'll go to Hawkesbury?
PNC

Post by PNC »

anyone tell me the best days to go to the show, i wanna make the trip, but i also want to ride some rides without huge lines.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

If opening night 2006 is anything to go by, I strongly suggest you go then (day / night)
benclare

Post by benclare »

Because of the date change and the Show coinciding with the school holidays, the opening weekend which will be Easter is probably going to be the most crowded although the entire Show will be pretty full this year. If you don't mind waiting, a good time to go maybe the last two days or so and at night when it's cheaper to get in. the carnival stays open until after 11:00 PM and the crowds usually thin out once the showbag hall closes at about 10:00.
princess

Post by princess »

There is a window, it opens on the thursday 5th April this is the day school actually finishes, so crowds should be ok on this day. (hopefully)
benclare

Post by benclare »

I just took a quick look at the RES website and it seems they've uploaded some new content relating to this year's Show. Obviously I headed strait for the carnival pages. According to the information which is scarce at this time, the Power Surge, Goldmine Coaster and the Samba Baloons are the new rides for this year. Loads of old favourites will be back, including Rainbow! :D Does anyone know anything about the Goldmine Coaster? It will be located in the Kids Carnival on Olympic Boulevard but this doesn't necessarily mean it's a kids ride. There's no mention of the new Ferris Wheel but as you will see, the site is definitely under construction and I'm pretty sure a lot of info is still to be added.

Also, the Xcream Tuesday offer will be back but they're limiting it to 6000 people so get in right on 5:00 PM!

Less than two mmonths to go and the excitement is building already. :D
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

BEST RIDE DESCRIPTION EVER:

Zipper

A classic, the zipper should be approached with caution. Secured in a metal ‘cheese grater’ your best bet is to grit your teeth and hold on!
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

Well I'll be there on the 5th April 2007, making sure that the GMC is operating, if anyone is going on the 5th to the show, just look for the guy with the SBF-Visa Shirt on, cause then you'll run into me.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

And next to the short bloke with the SBF/VISA shirt on you'll find a tall bloke with a Australian Amusement Brokers shirt, this will be me. I should be there for the first five to six days.

cheers ozshowkid
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

and probably sometime during the second week, look for the guy wearing Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses, and always riding the rainbow.... :P
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'm so there! :D Not sure what I'll be wearing yet but no doubt you'll be able to recognise me. Feel free to approach me as I won't be able to see you! :lol:

By the way, what does this Goldmine Coaster do? Is it like the Crazy Coaster or more like the Taipan? :?:

Can't wait to meet you all!