2007 Royal Melbourne Show

Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Ok... will make a mental note of it xD Do you want me to tell them not to be too mean to you or not :twisted:
benclare

Post by benclare »

I don't think NL went to Adelaide last year either, a bit strange as I think Thunderbolt goes every year.

Good luck riding No Limit Huss. If I can do it, you sure can! Am looking forward to your review as usual.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

HiLites Giant Sky Wheel, will NOT be at the 2007 Melbourne Show, they've extended their stay at Birrarung Marr until October 7
I bet the owners of SKY VIEW are over the moon about this!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Get ready 2 ride it huss. I'm whoopin myself to ride it nx year. Some good news for the skyview wheel with the other one not goin. Hope 2 c some good pics soon

Cheers
Top Gunner14
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

The old carnival area next to Epsom rd is completly fenced off??? That's going to make for some interesting packaging around the grounds...

Edit: the map of the grounds is up....as there are no horses this year, they are using some of the area from last year that the horses were in on the Langs Rd side of the grounds for the kids carnival (as well as some space near the race course entrance) and some more majors along Langs Rd. This begs the question, what would have happened if there was no horse-flu issue???

http://www.royalshow.com.au/documents/2007_Show_Map.pdf

CG
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I thought it was poor that no mention was made in the Herald-Sun Showguide in yesterday's paper of no horses - to the contrary there was a big photo of a horse on the front page, it looks as though it was printed prior to this change.
Last edited by Zamperla on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
benclare

Post by benclare »

A bit strange all horse events have been canned for the Melb Show as no equine flu has shown up in Victoria so far. they could've just banned horses from NSW and QLD from competing as they've done with the Melbourne Cup. Still, making more room for the carnival has to be a good thing. :)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

how exciting, ill be down at the grounds probably monday.... lol imagine if rainbow turned up... oh i make myself laugh
benclare

Post by benclare »

I guess it doesn't hurt to dream as they can occasionally come true. :)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

lol can you imagine benny! pwoah lol id go every day
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That would b a dream come true huss! B good 2 c some pics from the showground on monday

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Taipan is almost finished, in the horse judging area, and SKYVIEW is there, finished... Also O'Neills are the only other people there with their kiddy rides, and Wave Swinger...

ill post pix later
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Well, as promised, here are the photos from Saturday Sept 15. I got there after the gates closed, lol, so these are exclusive! wooooh

TAIPAN: located where the horse judging is, will be interesting to see what else will be with the coaster.

TAIPAN and SKYVIEW: Skyview was complete, and is set up where the grass area is. Looking good as usual

NO LIMIT and WAVE SWINGER: both set up and finished in the carnival area, these are the only two rides I could see.

TAIPAN: Facing the carnival area, Shorts were working on the top part of the lift hill.

SKYVIEW WHEEL: I still can't tell who's wheel is bigger.... This one or Verfurths at Birrarung Marr...

My INTEGRA: Lol thought id be cool and take a photo of the back of my car, and Shorts TAIPAN.... classy!

Enjoy, more pix tuesday
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Wow... Great Pics Huss! I can't wait for the next lot of pics. I really wish I could be down there, and I really hope theres more crowds at the Melbourne show then there was at EKKA for the showies sake!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Good job on the photo's HUSS - as always. Very interesting that Taipan is in the horse judging area. I wonder also what else may be in there, and if this ride would've been there if not for the horse ban.
princess

Post by princess »

So could we say that they can accept more rides even at this late stage, so that they can fill up more space????? Come on Gary O'Neill, you have been wanting to get onto Melbourne, (with Rainbow) maybe nows your chance.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good on you Huss! I'm guessing the showground is a hive of activity today as rides come in from Adelaide. It's probably a bit for Rainbow to come now but you never know. I was surprised to see O'Neil's have put some of their attractions in but left out the Ranger and Rainbow, probably their best rides.

It'll be interesting to see whether Pavier's come back to Sydney to do a school holiday carnival or perhaps Luna Park as I don't think they are doing Melbourne or Perth.

Three days to go, have a good one guys!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

will be down tomorrow, hopefully ill find garry wandering around somewhere!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

EXCLUSIVE! <<<<

Well as promised, here are the photos from today down at the grounds, and my god, is the carnival jam packed!
before I show you the photos, I just wanted to point out....
1. Where on earth is POWER SURGE! are we getting stooged out of this cool ride?
2. Ali Baba was nowhere to be seen... Im sure it will be at the show this year.

THE PHOTOS <<<<

MIDWAY: A totally different set up to 2006, I kinda like this way better, it's like a mini Easter Show midway, will all the rides in the middle, and pathways and games around them.

BREAKDANCE: Located again next to Space Roller, and facing the main pavillion, the two rides are in a strange spot, right on the edge of the carnival area.... but still looks good.

FLASHDANCE: Probably one of the most popular rides of 2006/2007. Flashdance has virtually come from nowhere, and now is securing top spots at the major shows. Looking good next to Wave Swinger

HANGOVER: Located at the end of the midway next to Techno Jump, and infront of EUROSLIDE, the ride is looking good and clean, and was being inspected by Workcover while a friend and i were there.

HARD ROCK: Probably my most favourite ride to ride at the show, Johnsons were in the mid stages of setting it up, will be interesting to see if they build up the backwall for the location that it is in. (infront of No Limit)

NO LIMIT: This ride ALWAYS seems to be running before I visit the show, today it was giving fellow carnies a ride. Went around about 3 times, before Bells put the tarp back over the car. Looks awesome as usual, bit slower, but heaps fun by the looks of it.

SKYVIEW: I honestly much rather this Mondial wheel over Verfurths. Even tho it has a plain paint job, it is still amazing to see.

SPACE ROLLER: Finally happy to see this in the early stages in buildup.. Looking good and can't wait to ride on thursday

SPEED: Nice and clean as usual, in a great spot behind Space Roller

STARSHIP 2000: With new artwork for the 2007 season, this gravitron hasnt changed, still popular at the shows, bit of a filler though.

TECHNO JUMP: This ride was making the most progress today, with all the sweeps mounted by the time I left the grounds, looking good.

WAVE SWINGER: Oh if only the Rainbow would make it down to Melbourne, even Ranger would look awesome. Still O'Neills are here with Wave Swinger, and mind you very close to NO LIMIT, how fun haha.

Also at the grounds:
Raupen Bahn, Taipan, Euroslide, Crazy Coaster.

More photos to come on Thursday.
Enjoy.
nil by mouth

Post by nil by mouth »

The Power Surge is going to Perth Show.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

nice photos HUSS, well covered, everything is looking good, I wonder what last-minute rides are due in. Great to see Flashdance again.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

damn you perth show!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Great photos Huss, Lets just hope the crowds are just a little bit better than EKKA, I'd like to see Flash Dance just occasionally having more than 2 riders... :twisted:
benclare

Post by benclare »

Superb as usual Huss. Good to see Speed made it down there; I originally thought it wasn't going. Are you ready to ride No Limit?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

hell no! haha I was watching it and just think... I sooo can't do it