2007 Royal Melbourne Show

gibbo

2007 Royal Melbourne Show

Post by gibbo »

A few rides listed...nothing special....

http://www.royalshow.com.au/carnival.asp

Wild Wednesday sounds interesting. Having said that I probably won't be going to the show this year...first time in over 20 years I won't be there. I was disappointed last year and I will probably be overseas in Detroit at the time => and Cedar Point is only a 2hr drive from there and should still be in season.

CG
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Looks good. So the skyview is going. Is that other wheel going? Has anyone ever been on the raupenbahn. To me it looks fantastic but not the best ride expierience. Could u try and get some pics this year as well.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

Man it does start really close to the Adelaide show, there is only like 5 days! eeek!!! And cmon' Adelaide show get your act together and put something on your website!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

It will be interesting to see what goes to adelaide with not even a week between melbourne and adelaide. Hopefuly 2 much stuff won't be missin

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Have a great time in the States Gibbo. Most amusement parks will be open during September and October although most run on weekends only and it can get quite cold where you're going. Still, it'll be worth it! Millennium Force is especially good.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Have a good time Gibbo(sorry i didn't write it earlier) also get some good pics. Have a good time
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

interesting as to where skyview will go... so we will have the 2 largest wheels... thats pretty cool...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well as a matter of fact 3 if the other travelling wheel goes. I doubt it that it will go. Will be good to see the full ride line-up as well soon. As well huss, would you be able to get some pre-show pics as well like u did back in 2005. Thanx

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Yeah I will be down at the grounds again to take set up photos, with a bit of luck Space Roller will be running, and I can have a pre-ride LOL
Durkin's wheel doesnt do Melbourne anymore, the supports were removed during the refurb
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Oh ok. I didn't hear that. Good to hear u'll be down there to take some good pics. Try to get as many as possible.
Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Russell is a really nice guy, But I may end up at Melbourne show this year (depends on money)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Gunner, we were at the grounds last year, and NO LIMIT and SPACEROLLER were running, and we got asked if we wanted to ride both, lol I declined
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

The brosborne comment is a joke with me and my cuz who manages showtime amusements. And top gunner i wouldn't let people on i don't know either at least you got a discount. I work all the capitals opperating the space roller. we will be at Melbourne Huss about 3 days befor hand setting up will be good fun from Adelaide to Melbourne i bet. If any ones coming to ekka PM me so we can catch up with the members i know.

cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

if i can save up in time i might head down to melb to go to the show n catch up with my sister and my mates down there it would be good to experince a new show different to res
ride the zipper!!
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks for the answer Oz, I am still deciding whether to go to Ekka or not, but will let you know or I will just rock up and say hi, if I go.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I' not sayin russel isn't nice. I think he is nice. What i do is introduce myself, talk to them 4 a bit, then they mite offer it or i'll ask and they will let me on. Most of the blokes from the different companies are really mad. U can have good joke and everythin' with them. Also, i got offered to ride no limit on da thursday nite before canberra but i rejected. I was to chicken :oops: Hopefully someone will take there hurricane

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'm almost always offered discounts and-or freebies when I'm at the show, offers I don't usually take up as I know these guys have to earn a living. Still, it's incredibly nice of them and I always appreciate it.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That's right, i say that to them, but they say no probs kid. They can b really nice people
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

simple courtesy you be nice, they be nice... simple
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That's right. U be nice to people, they'll b nice in return. If u go actin' like a moron round shows, they'll simply think low of u

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

EXCLUSIVE!

>>> NO LIMIT IN MELBOURNE <<<

Bell's have arrived 12 days ahead of the opening, and NO LIMIT is complete!, from the road, it looks like the only ride to be there!
I didn't go in, but will go back down, mid-late next week.
Here is a photo I took from the gate using my LGShine.
Also... Any reason as to why this didn't go to Adelaide??

Chris.
princess

Post by princess »

Scared? :lol: :shock:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

lol im shitting myself to ride NO LIMIT, but excited aswell :D
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

^

You can do it! It's not that bad of a ride, It's a amazing experence, so good luck Chris :P
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

lol well if you dont hear from me.... i either wussed out, or died from shock lol