Sale show needs more rides

Matt Diabolism

Sale show needs more rides

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Greetings all,my local show (Sale,Vic.) is being held on 2nd and 3rdof Nov. and I'd like to implore all major ride operators paticipating in this site to bring your rides down here.Like most small shows the selection has been abysmal in the last 5 or so years.The only small exception was 2005,when Mega Drop and Twin Flip made their debut.I remember the mid to late nineties we could have a line up including:Zipper,Round Up/Tornado,Ranger,Enterprise,Super Loops,Spin Dragon(shame what happened with this),Thunderbolt,Force 10 and some others.Our show society doesnt seem to know what constitutes a really good ride.They make announcements like-next year we will have another major ride in Sale for the first time.Only to discover theyre talking about the Techno Jump.Which is not thrilling at all in my opinion,and is more of a kids ride.They also dont seem to understand that when we have a good selection word spreads quickly thanks to todays technology and more people show up,which naturally results in a more successful show.Personally I'd love to see any of the following make an appearance:Hangover,Hard Rock,No Limit,Chaos,Scorpion,Power Surge,Ali Baba,Space Roller and Energy Storm.Our show society regards Sale as the premier show in our area (Gippsland),But unless things pick up with the ride situation,it will always be eclipsed by the Traralgon Show some 70 or so k's up the highway.Which last year had Hard Rock,No Limit,Kamikaze,Thunderbolt and Space Roller,and this show is significantly smaller.Anyway,I will hope for the best and will check out what shows up to determine if I end up attending.If so,I can write a small review if anyone is interested?.
Last edited by Matt Diabolism on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
benclare

Post by benclare »

A warm welcome to you!

Yes I am definitely interested in a review of the show if you attend. Hopefully you'll get a good ride lineup. What may make Sale small in comparison to others is Albury is usually held around the same time and many of the big operators head down there.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Matt D, welcome also.

You may have read my review of last year's Sale Show. (I thought Mega Drop was quite an impressive ride to be there). One thing I remember mentioning was my surprise at the lack of general advertising on the highway coming into the town. I think I saw a sign for an upcoming school fete, but absolutely no signage for the Sale Show.

It was impressive to read what rides the show used to bring back in the Wittingslow days - one thing the late Tom Wittinglow must be credited for was what he did for country show societies. While president of the guild, he bolstered country show rides to unprecedented quality along the eastern states.
princess

Post by princess »

Welcome Matt D, we hear your frustration, we also understand what it is like to look forward to something all year, then have disappointment

As you stated Ben it does depend on what is on at the same time and showmen's other committments, the show society can beg showmen to come to their show, but if it is a dud show, or as said above there is something better on, you will be hardpressed getting any showmen there, who knows what politics are going on behind the scenes. Also this is starting to get close to christmas, where maybe some showmen could be also be starting to head in the direction of their christmas carnivals.

Good luck Matt, let us know what happened.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Thanx for the warm welcome Ben,Zamperla and Princess :D ,and let me start off by saying that reading this forum has been amazingly informative.I didnt have a clue how the industry worked with who owns what,who may be buying what ride,and what may be coming to Australia.It looks as though things things are on the up with all the new rides coming over.This does seem to make things more difficult for the older rides,and I totally agree with the comments I've read about the need of a good balance between old and new.Yeah,I did come across your review of the Sale show Zamperla,and you are right about the lack of signs.I guess they just hope out of towners will notice it since its right beside the highway!!?.They do advertise a bit in the local paper and there is usually an ad on one of our local TV channels,but most of the people here are aware when its held since schools get a long weekend for it.Yeah,I did suspect another show might coincide with ours,this does seem to be Victorias show season.I just wish ride operators would give us more of a chance and be the proverbial big fish in a small pond.They might not make as much as they would at a larger show,but the Friday night carnival can be popular if there is a good selection,and rides seem to operate at full capacity for most of the night.Alright,I will keep an eye on what what turns up,and I'll post a review,and maybe even some photos?,depends who I end up going with,and if they bring their camera,'cause I'm not much of a photographer!.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Welcome matt. Hopefully the show will get bigger over time. Shame with witts fading out with them taking some of their equipment down

Cheers
Top Gunner14