2007/08 Rye Beach Carnival

HUSSRAINBOW

2007/08 Rye Beach Carnival

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Great news as to Rye this year, it is once again going ahead, even after last years New Years Eve riots. Was down this weekend, and i'm back to bring you EXCLUSIVE photos of the first of the rides to arrive.
Pirate is back!!! Towards the end of January the ride had problems with the harnesses, but its been fixed, and two trailers have arrived already with the arms, and hub/decorations. Also there is the dodgems, and Wittingslow's infamous WILD MOUSE which was being offloaded today.
I also took a drive again down to their warehouse at Rosebud. Breakdance was there, and ready to be taken down to rye. Wonder if we will see Enterprise back... heres hoping!
Hope you guys enjoy the photos, will be back down on Sunday.

HUSS PIRATE:

DODGEMS:

WILD MOUSE:

CARNIVAL:

WITTINGSLOW's WAREHOUSE:

BREAKDANCE:

More pix COMING SOON!

CHRIS.
kiwi

Good to see

Post by kiwi »

Good to see their rides,

However a good showmen would ensure all their equipment was up to scratch, including trailers etc. Looks like it could all do with a bit of TLC
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Great photos Chris - very interesting to see.

Looking forward to more updates

- fingers and toes crossed for the E-prise (looking more and more unlikely as the date nears)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Kiwi as long as their operating.... thats what really matters these days
princess

Post by princess »

Kiwi, I dont think there is alot of money for them to do much.
kiwi

Wittingslow

Post by kiwi »

Any more pics of the gear in the yard would be much appreciated. Always interested to see what treasures showmen have lying round.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

You aren't allowed in, it's only what you can see from the street.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Wow great pics chris. Hopefully the enterprice turns up. Wats happenin with shorts this yr, is zipper and taipan goin?
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Wild Mouse is back at Rye! Now that is a nice surprise. Thanks for this update Huss. Keep posting pix if you can. I haven't been on the Wild Mouse for years. Rye is my favorite beach carnival. I sure am crossing my fingers and toes for the Enterprise.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

is their some sort of farm yard equipment festival going on at rye ?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

uh no Clay, its the annual Rye Beach Carnival.... I think it's a major deal to see a big German classic like PIRATE still in the country. It's awesome driving down main road towards rye, and you can see the skull flags towering over the trees.
Glad wittingslow got the contract again this year, Rye just wouldnt be the same without them. Im also pretty sure Zipper and Taipan will be there, last I heard at the Melbourne Show was that both rides had been booked again... so i'm sure they will arrive soon. Heading back down this weekend, will take more photos

chris.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

If Rye is holding a festival for farm yard equipment then let me be the first to say I want to be a farmer.
Last edited by Super Loops on Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx 4 that info huss. Good 2 c wild mouse. U dont rarely come across a carnival with sum great classics these days. A bit of a shame but still good with witts

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Perhaps if Witts did not own a stake in Sydney Luna when it re-opened in 1995, that may have been a photo of a HUSS breakdance instead (plus more)
kiwi

Luna Park

Post by kiwi »

Do they still have any stake, or anything to do with Luna Park?

Cheers
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Not anymore... They were also going to do the Ferris Wheel that was planned for southbank, but that was scrapped, and now docklands got the project with ING
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

As promised, here are photos from December 16. I must say i'm rather dissapointed in Rye and Wittingslow this year. No Zipper and Taipan. The big shock for the year is Golden Way's SCORPION has turned up. Not sure if Wittingslow bought it, or an independant showman has it booked on for the summer. Also Breakdance for the first time ever has been moved to where the Zipper usually goes. With a bit of luck Shorts will still bring Zipper down, and hopefully place it either next to Mad Mouse, or next to Breakdance where Ali Baba went. I'm just glad Pirate is there again.

MIDWAY:

PIRATE:

BREAKDANCE:

CHA CHA:

MAD MOUSE:

SCORPION:

MORE COMING SOON!

Chris.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

hmmm. thanks for the update again Huss. Interesting to see Scorpion, but I would have preferred to see Enterprise. The line up is good, but it's nothing too special compared to previous years.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yes agree with all of the above, great photos. I enjoy any set-up photos. Especially yours of the HUSS Pirate and Madmouse.

It is still early days yet - anything can drive on to the grounds in the days to come, to fill in the gaps.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Would love a Zipper or Kamikaze there..... such good fillers!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

GREAT PICS. Never seen scorpian racker. Bluey Stratton must hav booked in. Luv the fotos of mad mouse, and all the witts rides look in top shape

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Pirate could do with a new paint job, would love to see the arms back to white, and the original sign put back on.... shame shame shame
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Alot of the Wittz rides need a good paintjob, but as you have said earlier Chris, it is more important that they are running as they need the money to do the paintjobs. It's a pity Rye isn't getting the Zipper this year, i'll be trying it out hopefully on the weekend.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Never know, it could rock up and just set up with a bit of luck, when does rye start, is it 22nd?
benclare

Post by benclare »

Great one guys! Rye is always a great carnival. I can't remember when the Mad Mouse did a Christmas carnival here in NSW!

If anyone's thinking of heading to Coffs, definitely do it! The carnival there is awesome, has a great atmosphere and is in an excellent location at the Jetty, close to Hog's Breath Cafe and the railway line and beach.

Will write more shortly; it's great to be back in Oz!

Merry Christmas everyone.