Moomba Waterfest 8-10th March 2008

CrazyCoaster424

Moomba Waterfest 8-10th March 2008

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

Hey Guys,
I can't wait till moomba, I think i will I don't know? After looking at all the photos and reports from Moomba 2007, and after seeing Watkins Space Roller, O'Neils Ranger and all the others I am sure that Moomba 08 will kick off with a bang. I have never been to Moomba, but after seeing photos from last year I'm certinly going to truly think about it. Any idea what rides will be there?

Crazy Coaster
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

CrazyCoaster, the same majors will be there. (Spaceroller is a certain)
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Yes. I'm looking forward to this one as well. Last year was the best it's been for quite a while.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I wonder if Insanity will be there or not...
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Im sure it will be as craptastic as it has been since 2003.

Unfortunetly the good old days are gone, when alexandra gardens were filled with:
Rainbow, Pirate, Enterprise, Zipper, Claw, La Bamba, Slingshot, Galaxy, Ranger, Breakdance, Matterhorn, Scorpion, Big Wheel, Cha Cha, Chaos

If only that midway was there with the addition of Space Roller and No Limit, that would be my ultimate show!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, it would be enough to make me fly down to Melbourne! As for the Ultimate MOOMBA line up for me it would be, Breakdance or Cyber Party, Cha Cha, Music Trip / La Bamba, Kamikaze (Ranger or Hangover) Slingshot, Insanity, No Limit, Space Roller, Power Surge, Hurricane, Flash Dance and Matterhorn / Thunderbolt.

Mmmm... that would be the ultimate lineup for me hehe. So does anyone know what IS going to Moomba this year?
benclare

Post by benclare »

I guess it'll be a quick turn around for the showies doing Moomba and the RES as both events will be held about a week apart I think. Hopefully this won't affect either event.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

it will, it has before
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

I never thought about the RES and Moomba being so close this year, this could make things very interesting. Who knows we may see some old classic rides return this year to help fill some ground space. There is a lot of room down there by the Yarra.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Hopefully itll be a great festival. Will be interesting to see who goes with wat with syd and moomba close together.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Ordinarily a quick turnaround isn't a problem as the Moomba carnival can be pulled down within three or four hours, then it's a quick trip up to Sydney but the difference here is that the RAS are very strict about having everything set up close to a week before the show begins, partly to get all inspections done by Work Cover NSW but also because there is a big test event where the media are invited along to sample the new attractions, showbags and shows. This event is usually held two days before the RES starts. For all that, I'm sure the showies will fit Moomba and the RES in; they are proffessionals and have undoubtedly worked to these tight schedules before as Huss said.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh ur right ben. Im sure everything will go to plan. As u said how all the media come and see the new attractions. On seven news last year, they showed power surge and the year before space roller.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Found this little clip which shows the old Moomba when Rainbow, Zipper and Pirate were there (and others). Thought it may be of interest to some here, that's all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8mP2kZUmco

EDIT: haha, still on youtube and I stumbled across this one of the ex Wittingslow Zipper (Davis). Not sure where this one would have been filmed though. It still has the old lighting in this video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e58UL-8LhxU
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

That moomba one was a good find - I can't remember that year - I can see a glimpse of the flume ride (now Osbourne Fair Attractions)

The Zipper one was well captured - (coil problem with the light power?)
CrazyCoaster424

Hey guys i've got some exiting news! I have just go a confirmed email from Garry O'Neil, the carnival manager for moomba 08. He has confirmed that the following rides are going:

Slingshot
Mega Drop
No Limit
Crazy Coaster
Wave Swinger
Power Surge
Super Jump
Giant Sky Wheel
Space Roller
Ranger
Brand New Family Coaster
Rockin Tug
Euro Slide
Along With 10 other Childrens Rides!

Moomba this year looks so exiting, wish I could go!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

shame no rainbow, but yay for No Limit....
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmmm... No Speed / Insanity this year, but glad to see No Limit will be there. Will you be giving it a go Chris? Has anyone actually heard anything about Insanity since it was at EKKA?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Insanity doesnt do many events. Only a couple a year. Its really a big bugger to set up. Durkins hav to hire a generator to put it up, and hire a crane to put the seats on. But a good lineup. Hope chris u will b doin all the pre show and moomba review and pics and anyone like dave who goes. Is the new family coaster the wacky worm?

Cheers
Top Gunner14
CrazyCoaster424

Don't know if its the 'Wacky Worm' top gunner, Garry O'Neil just said that a brand new family coaster will be there!

CrazyCoaster
benclare

Post by benclare »

Another possibility could be the Goldmine which was at last year's RES and Luna Park.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I dont think so ben. Cause theres the new wacky worm that will be at sydney this year. And u guys are also gettin the techno jump that never works haha!
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Good. I am yet to try Power Surge so this will be something new for me. Looking forward to it.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Indeed somethin to look forward too. A pretty good fu ride. Feels like u hav a jet pack on
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

It very well could be the Wacky Worm that debuted at Ekka.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

very cool that POWER SURGE will be there for its melbourne debut, it will do very well!

that MOOMBA video makes me sick and angry and sad! to think how bad moomba is now... god to me alexandra was the best setup and atmosphere ever!