Moomba Waterfest 8-10th March 2008

princess

Post by princess »

We are living in a world where we can be sued at the drop of a hat, they are covering themselves as best they can, though lets face it, they dont want to turn off the punters from riding their ride, so cleaverly, they have the music playing until the doors close, then you are trapped, so it does not really matter what you are listerning too, very cleaver.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, very sneaky indeed princess
CrazyCoaster424

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

The first time I seen Power Surge was at Luna Park Sydney at Christmas 2006. But they were only in the mid stages of setting up. But I didn't see it operate, unfortunatly I went two days before the Summer Carnival was on at Luna Park.

CrazyCoaster
Super Loops

I really liked the Power Surge and Twin Flip

Post by Super Loops »

Hi all, I hope everyone is going well. (well, I guess most of you are all up at the RES, so you must all be having the times of your lives!!).

I just wanted to report on how much I enjoyed the Power Surge ride at Moomba. The sideways flips are really great fun and crazy. I thought it would be painful to ride at first but I was very wrong. The restraint was excellent on the body and I was having the best time with continuous flips.

Also, Twin Flip was just insane!!! So much has changed with the way it operates now (it starts by lifting the arms first before the spinning motions start). I think it may be more powerful than ever too since the G's were huge on the body, it is one ride I will always take the time to ride from now on. I think Zamperla mentioned a comparison to Turbo, and I would agree. The Twin Flip is more intense in how fast you spin and flip though.

I hope both rides these rides start appearing at a lot more shows in the future. It was also great to watch them with the smoke and lighting effects on all.
CrazyCoaster424

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

Thanks for that Super Loops! Great to hear that ya had a great time on those rides. Did ya take any pics? I hope Power Surge and Twin Flip do some Victorian shows this year (including my local, Shep).

Crazy Coaster