Royal Melbourne Show 2009

Josh in Rocky

Re: Royal Melbourne Show 2009

Post by Josh in Rocky »

I think that is the best set of photos i have seen on this site to date... nice work...
Not sure about line ups in the past, but this looked to be a pretty bad ass line up to me!
Shame it didnt have the feel around the place you guys have spoken about, great reviews too.
"Slingshot , Engage"
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for the reviews and photos. Good photos SRF, seems using your Dad's camera did the trick. Maybe you should ask him to borrow it more often :lol:
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

Great photos and reviews SRF, and dell. Just waiting for Huss's Photos and review now.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Ended up attending on Thursday with some of the extended family.Last Melbourne show for me was in the late 80's...so it was pretty shocking to see how much the midway has decreased in size.Started to piss down with rain after our first ride..so we were in the food court for a good half hour..sun came out after that so it was back to riding.No Limit was amazing...got an inverted lock through the station and saw stars..worth every cent..heh.Wasnt too impressed with Sky Flyer or XXXL...both were smaller than I'd imagined they would be,gave XXXL a ride,and agree with everyone elses comments,its very tame,but I did enjoy it.Freestyle was down all day...looked to be having some sort of problem,saw a bloke working on it periodically.Rockin 'n Roll is impressive visually..but cant compare to the speeds Thunderbolt was able to achieve back in its heyday..that thing was a blur at top speed.Hard Rock,Space Roller and Breakdance were great as always.Not sure if I'll bother going again unless things change..or a ride I have no chance of seeing anywhere else goes.Didnt get any pics or vids,too busy getting drenched or having fun..heh.
ImageImage
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for that report Matt, good to hear you had a good day. Geez has been a while since you were last at the show and yeh you would've definately seen the changes.

Yeh Chant's have had a few problems with the Freestyle at Penrith. It was on and off throughout the day on Saturday. There was a problem with the sensors that pick up the arm in the loading position and I think a problem with the seats and restraints. Apparently all the problems are just breaking in issues and they shouldn't have any after a certain amount of operating hours.
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

Freestyle also down all day today (Saturday) bit of a pitty. One of the best rides there! Looks to be with Electrical problems maybe??? dont know.
Hope they get it working soon.
broken1.JPG
broken1.JPG (43.58 KiB) Viewed 23815 times
broken2.JPG
broken2.JPG (82.51 KiB) Viewed 23813 times
broken3.JPG
broken3.JPG (101.27 KiB) Viewed 23810 times
Was a wet day, not many there, so was good we have a very long ride on the XXXL for about 5 mins. Was good. very satisfied, lots of gondola unlocking and locking all thru the ride :) not just at the end.
The grounds were so wet. but was good to see people still making the most of it.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Review coming soon.

Chris.
princess

Post by princess »

Some great shots Chris, love the ones with the Rainbows in them, so are they an omen???
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

Great shots Huss.Especially the ones really up close on the rides and XXL.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Some good shots there, Huss. Did you ride No Limit?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Nice photos cheers thanks for them Huss. Got some good shots there. Shame about Freestyle hopfully Chant's get over the problems soon.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Nice work Chris. I've never noticed that great art on the back of the Spaceroller control room. Good to see your model there!