Wonderland Fun Park Docklands

Space Roller Freak

Wonderland Fun Park Docklands

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Going to Melbourne tomorrow and going to have a look at the Wonderland Fun Park at Docklands, does anyone know what rides have been here in the past. If they have a few decent rides it will be worth $27.50 for a unlimated rides pass. I do recall seeing pics on the forums from this but they have since dissapeared. The carnival runs from 11m-5pm Weekends, Public and School holidays and has sessonal rides.

Space Roller Freak
Zamperla
Administrator

Re: Wonderland Fun Park Docklands

Post by Zamperla »

hi SRF, I'm not sure what is down there, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. It is likely to be quite average. I know in the past I've seen a Sizzler there and a fun slide, and a temporary ice skating rink. You'll have to report back and let us know.

While you're down there, can you take some photos of what is still standing of Melbourne's ill-fated Southern Star wheel?
Space Roller Freak

I hope there is a miricle and something worth while is there. The camera is already to go and I can take tome of the Southern Star Wheel if you like.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

only the supports are left of Southern Star at the moment, should be finished by DEC2010
Space Roller Freak

Just got back from the Wonderland Fun Park at Docklands. I was a bit dissapointed to only see Pinks Dodgems, Carousel, Bungee's and a Inflatable, bit I did have a few goes of the dodgems and they were very smooth and great fun I think I counted ten minutes for a ride. I also got talking to the Manager of the Fun Park and she said that they were currently referbishing the park as we speak. She also said that on or around Australia Day Weekend there will be some bigger rides there like the Sizzler and Music Trip and also they are trying to get Speed to attend on the same weekend, not bad fun on Speed for $27.50 unlimated rides. I will tell you guys more info on what rides will be there and when. Sorry guys I didn't take any pix, I really didn't see the need to.

Space Roller Freak
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

SRF pity there were no majors there for you (except Aus's best dodgem track) thanks for the trip report
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Zamperla that's Pink's other dodgem track, not the Crazy Cars that are down there. I'm guessing maybe Chant's Freestyle could be the Speed to turn up, I'm guessing because Goldenway's would be doing the BDO events at the same time