Moomba Festival 2011

Zamperla
Administrator

Moomba Festival 2011

Post by Zamperla »

This coming weekend it's all happening in Melbourne with the traditional Labour Day Moomba weekend. Fingers crossed for some better weather this year (it couldn't be worse than last year that's for certain)

Who's going? Who's working it? What rides will be there? Post all comments and photos here
HUSSRAINBOW

Re: Moomba Festival 2011

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

working Sky Walker again this year... can't wait, and the weather is looking great!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

good stuff HUSSR. I am away for most of the weekend but am hoping to get there for the last day on Monday.

Are you going to be in Alexandra Gardens or on the Birrung Marr side?
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

I'll be going again this year it looks to be great weather thank god its not going to be like last year!! haha
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Went past today
from what I could see:

Rocking Tug, Magic Circus, Sea Circus, Rock n Roll, Chants Wheel, XXXL, Disk'O, Crazy Coaster, Sky Flyer and Crazy Cars. The rest should be arriving late tonight early tomorow

Cheers OZ
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

tomorrow im heading to alexandrea garden to set up the sky walker with luke so interesting to see how to set up these machine so might take photos if have time
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Power Surge should get there today. Was set-up at the yard over the weekend and was packed up Sunday arvo. Look forward to seeing some photos. And good to hear Huss should be a good weekend for you.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Happy to read the new Disk-O will be making its first Victorian appearance - who will be the first to review it? Lots of Disk-O photos and video please (HUSS-R that is directed mainly at you) :wink:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well, I did ride the Disk'o at Luna Park Sydney. It was a very fun ride IMO. I wouldn't class it as a thrill ride like Space Roller or anything like that, but it was very fun to ride.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Ride list (As of March 8)

Alexandra Gardens (Thrill Rides):

XXXL
SPEED
DISK'O
SKY WALKER
ROCK 'N' ROLL
MEGA DROP
TECHNO JUMP
WORM ROLLERCOASTER (OCS)
SEA CIRCUS

Alexandra Gardens (Kids):

WAVE SWINGER
MAGIC CIRCUS
ROCKIN' TUG
SMALL KIDS RIDES - VARIOUS

Birrarung Marr:

HARD ROCK (In place of Sky Wheel)
POWER SURGE
CRAZY COASTER
BREAK DANCE
SKY FLYER
CRAZY CARS

Here is just a teaser photo of the new DISK'O. Must admit the ride is much bigger than I thought, the track rises quite high.... More photos to follow tonight.

Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

I'd like to see Disk'O racked for travel!
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

benclare

Post by benclare »

Have a good one guys and as usual, can't wait for the reviews!

I agree with Hurricane's opinion on Disco, good fun ride which will be popular this weekend I'm sure!
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

i am going down tomorrow for the day
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

full on day today... was good though, had nice long lines on skywalker tonight! back at 11am for day 3 tomorrow!
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

Hi all,

it has been a while since I have been around these parts! Was at Moomba last night taking some pics (mainly fireworks) and I wandered through Alexandra Gardens (but I only skirted around the rides in Birrarung Marr).

I was amazed at how awesome the rides look this year. It seems the ride operators are on their game. Just about every bezel is lit on all the rides I looked at, if not every bezel. Also, the carnival was pumping. XXXL had such a long queue that the ride op was anouncing the ticket box would close at 10:15 to ensure they could shut down by 11:00.

Anyway, I have a few long exposures of XXXL and Speed on Flickr, along with some fireworks. I plan on heading back tonight and tomorrow, so keep an eye out on my Flickr Moomba gallery.

My pics of Moomba on Flickr

CG
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

come see us at skywalker buddy! will be sure to get some good photos!
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

Rode Disk'O last night. Bit of a ZZZZZZZ. My 9yo daughter enjoyed it, but didn't find it all that exciting. Having said that, she rode every major ride and coaster at least twice at DW and WBMW last year (except Giant Drop...we don't do drop rides like that in our family).

CG
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

princess

Post by princess »

Thanks for that Dell, looks like I wont be going near it, it will make me sick for the rest of the day :( :roll:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Nice vid Dell. Gibbo I'm surprised you thought it was a bit of a yawn. I've ridden it once before in USA and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:come see us at skywalker buddy! will be sure to get some good photos!
it's weird to think that i could have been talking to you because i went for my first ride on sky walker on saturday. When i was on it though we went right up and we waited for a little bit and en they took us back down and i thought it broke down but i asked someone who was on the working on the deck and he said that they were re aligning the sensers or something Do you know what that means. The skywalker was a good and quite intense ride so i enjoyed it. I Also went on the xxxl twice. The first time a rode the xxxl was at the Geelong show and it was a alright ride but this time when i went on it i was amazed. It was so intense because our cars actually flipped and when going through the station thing upside down it was sooo intense, thats why i went on it twice. but the second time our cares only flipped a couple of times but is was still good. The xxxl and sky walker ride were $10 each. I was going to go on the speed but when i came back during the middle of the day they were charging $20 for one ride which is crazy so i went straight past that. Oh and the second time i went on the xxxl ride the platform wouldn't rise so i went on 2 rides that went stuffed up that day. Other than that the water skiing was very good but half way through the day it started raining and it didn't stop. Sorry i didn't get any pictures or videos because i was to busy.
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Awesome colours! looks like a nice piece of gear...
"Slingshot , Engage"
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

you might have spoke to me mate... yeah its just sensors that deal with weight and computer stuff... nothing to worry about really... you might have spoken to me, I was on tickets for a fair while :-)