Royal Melbourne Show '12

Mixerholic

Re: Royal Melbourne Show '12

Post by Mixerholic »

If anyone is going this weekend could you please tell me how much the Taipan will cost and if Rock & Roll is having the 3 for $20 deal. Also why do you think that FreeStyle sometimes charges $20 instead of the advertised $15.
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Mixerholic wrote:If anyone is going this weekend could you please tell me how much the Taipan will cost and if Rock & Roll is having the 3 for $20 deal. Also why do you think that FreeStyle sometimes charges $20 instead of the advertised $15.
Different shows, different prices. Just depends on the crowd really. I know No Limit used to charge 10 dollars at EKKA but charged 15 at RES and other shows... just based on the crowd because not many were riding when it was 15 dollars... but drop it down to 10 dollars you get less per rider... but if you get more riders you make it up. Same as rides like Cyber Party... some shows they will charge 7 dollars (smaller shows) and larger show's they charge up to 9 dollars because all the other rides are.
Rachel0298

Post by Rachel0298 »

Anyone been to the show yet?
I've just seen a ride on the news that wasn't advertised that it would be going, it looked kind of like a music trip style ride, or I could be blind. I don't know :?
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Only had time for a quick visit today, however managed to ride Extreme, Sizzler, Flashdance and Hard Rock. My time there was really limited. The best ride of the day for me was Hard Rock. It's such a really great ride and has now become a favourite for me. Lines were huge for Taipan, it seems popular as usual. I may be back for more before the show ends, since I would like to get on a few others like No Limit.
Rachel0298

Post by Rachel0298 »

Super Loops wrote:Only had time for a quick visit today, however managed to ride Extreme, Sizzler, Flashdance and Hard Rock. My time there was really limited. The best ride of the day for me was Hard Rock. It's such a really great ride and has now become a favourite for me. Lines were huge for Taipan, it seems popular as usual. I may be back for more before the show ends, since I would like to get on a few others like No Limit.

Sizzler's there? :o
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »

Sizzler is there indeed !
Rachel0298

Post by Rachel0298 »

Ekkafan03 wrote:Sizzler is there indeed !

It's back! Can't wait to ride it on Friday, any other rides that weren't listed there? :D
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Yes. its not the Supa Sizzler though. I wouldn't be riding this one again since it has no padding and a very painful belt that digs into you, it hurts. I wish Supa Sizzler was back its great going backwards! No other unlisted rides I noticed but again my visit was rather an express one .
Rachel0298

Post by Rachel0298 »

Super Loops wrote:Yes. its not the Supa Sizzler though. I wouldn't be riding this one again since it has no padding and a very painful belt that digs into you, it hurts. I wish Supa Sizzler was back its great going backwards! No other unlisted rides I noticed but again my visit was rather an express one .
Yikes, no padding on a ride like that sounds painful. Whose sizzler is it?
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

It's FJF amusements . Just make sure you go on as a single rider you'll enjoy it more and don't let them tighten that belt up too much. I would have unclipped it however I was scared they would stop the ride! Haha
Rachel0298

Post by Rachel0298 »

Super Loops wrote:It's FJF amusements . Just make sure you go on as a single rider you'll enjoy it more and don't let them tighten that belt up too much. I would have unclipped it however I was scared they would stop the ride! Haha

Haha, I was thinking of going on with my two friends (they're tiny) haha but this has changed my mind :)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

working on Freestyle, yesterday was ridiculous, had 1hr20m wait just to ride!
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

GOING TOMORROW! I will definately be looking forward to FreeStyle and No Limit haha! So who's working where this year? Also I am planning on getting photos of me on FS & NL as evidence of my achievement :lol:
princess

Post by princess »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:working on Freestyle, yesterday was ridiculous, had 1hr20m wait just to ride!

That is huge, I dont think I have ever seen a line that long at a show!?
benclare

Post by benclare »

I guess the huge lines are bad news for prospective riders but fantastic for the operators who deserve a good show.

I wish the Sizzler still did Sydney! I remember Super Sizzler which was totally wild and Durkin's was pretty popular too. Super Sizzler is in Perth now?
Rachel0298

Post by Rachel0298 »

Was at the show today and when I went on the sizzler one of the fans came off and was hanging from a cord, was a bit dangerous. Anyone know what could've caused it?
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

I'm back from the RMS! I had a good time!

FREESTYLE: Spiderpig, Spiderpig. Gets killed like a normal pig does. Can he survive the Butcher's wrath? No he can't. He's a pig. Lookout! There goes a leg of ham! Lame jokes aside. I LOVED FREESTYLE! I want one! I need one! I'm not a showman and yet I still want one! I rode this sexy beast twice...HANDS UP! It's interesting seeing the city skyline from a thrill ride! This ride is worth every cent (unless they are charging $20..which they weren't!)

ROCK & ROLL: The ride cycles were abismal! Once we picked up some decent speed they slowed it down and put it into reverse and done the same crap. Pfffft. NEVER AGAIN!!!
EXTREME: I bought 4 tickets, but was only allowed to ride 3 times because on my third shot one of the staff said "No more." Which I was okay with. The ride is not as fun as I remember. The ride cycles were about the same as R&R! My legs were going clock-wise just like the ride which made life pretty interesting...being tall and lanky can really suck!

HOLLYWOOD HORRORS: I took mum on this ride which made this ride experience a memorable one. To start off with mum slowly scratched her face, so Freddy Kruger did the same. So mum thought she'd be a smart ass and blow him a kiss, so he caught it and blew one back. Awwww it was so romantic. The fun and games didn't stop there! Whilst we were queing for the ride mum was talking to the girl about how cool she looked. The girl replied "I like you!" Then we entered the ride and mum's boyfriend Freddy had a photo with us, but unfortunately they didn't kiss so their relationship went out like FKs victims! We admired the scenery, props and loved the actors! The interaction was top notch! I personally loved the Chucky doll. I've been giving unlucky mummy crap all the way back home. It was a special thing for me because this is the first time I've taken mum on a ride.

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to ride No Limit because we ran out of time. In summation the RMS was meh...
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I think I told you to ride No Limit today mate as I took your ticket for Freestyle!
Glad you had fun
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

How could the staff of Extreme say no more when you had four f**king tickets?!....unless you were making a dick of yourself I dont see what right they have to refuse you.
ImageImage
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

I guess they were thought that riding it 2 times in a row was enough :oops: I most certainly was not being an impicile on it! I respect ALL of the rides I go on. I only had 1 ticket left and I couldn't use it KING'S SPEECH! The worst thing is that I none of the rides I went on this year wowwed me :oops: I also am kicking myself for not riding No Limit lol. I also feel like a real hypocrite for telling people to not bitch about the carnival when I found it absolute bs! God I hope I haven't made any enemies after this :oops:
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

nah. Don't worry Mixer. There will be no enemies on this site for saying the show was bs!!!! In fact, I agree 100% (especially compared to the other years, the early to late 90s) I really thought it was pathetic too. Let's face it. the RMS is now dead. Even shows like KERANG last year had the ZIPPER for F^&^* sake!!!! I I liked riding HARD ROCK this year at RMS, but that was all. Sad to say even EXTREME wasn't that great, actually now I think about it, it was pretty boring, except for the couple of SECONDS they decide to crank it up a bit, and even then it was really painful on my shoulders. It's not as good as any of the CLASSICS. I guess that is why we call them classics huh????

It is now the SAME old (NEW) rides, a really crappy layout, no CLASSICs EVER!!!!!! THEY NEED to break up the variety in rides, and in general improve the atmosphere which leaves very little to care about. I am sick of the RMS, and it's a shame, since I used to look forward to it SOOOO much. How I used to love the MAD MOUSE, and seeing the RAINBOW float over the skyine below the SKYMASTER wheel, BEFORE I headed off to ride the Zipper or CHA CHA on the rooftop, and then back for a second ride on TURBO, HURRICANE or the ENTERPRISE. THOSE , were the days! I now don't feel I have the energy nor time to travel around to all half decent regional shows due to work. I feel that I won't be going to any shows next year, since it is now officially a waste of my time an money. If they bring back the ZIPPER alone to the RMS, I would go EVERY single day the show is open. It's as simple as that! what a disgrace!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Rainbow was never behind the Skymaster Wheel... That was Ali Baba...
It was surprising to see how busy the Sizzler was... Doesn't that say something about needing classics back at the shows. The amount of times I got asked where the Zipper was, was ridiculous.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Good to hear people still keen on seeing a Zipper. I sometimes think I'm the only one who is missing it so much.
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

The RMS organisers should get rid of the Ali Blabla, Power Surge and Rock & Roll and bring back Zipper, Turbo and Rainbow. Then I would be happy. Plus this year felt absolutely dead. They were playing freaking dubstep and electro! What happened to Hard Rock, Metal, Handz Up and Hard Style? Someone for the love of my sanity build a time machine and take me back to the days when Wittingslow was king! I mean seriously as bias as this may sound I actually prefer the Rye Carnival as it istoday overthe RMS! It's really sad I know but true.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Electro and dub are good if they're playing decent tunes. If any dubstep is played it's usually the same ol' skrillex remix of cinema which is nearly 2 years old...