2009 Royal Canberra Show (Review and Photos added)

Vee

Re: 2009 Royal Canberra Show (Review and Photos added)

Post by Vee »

www.mondialrides.com wrote:Above the gondola is a large propeller which creates a sensational sound effect.
http://www.mondialrides.com/ie/products ... neral.html
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh i hoped onto the Mondial webstie today aswell
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Next time you see it operate, have a close look at the propeller as the ride is slowing or speeding up and you'll see it stop and change direction with the direction of the arm. On its own it doesn't cause the movement of the arm, but it works in sync with the drive in the hub of the arm to give it a bit of extra swing or deceleration.
Vee

Post by Vee »

Zamperla wrote:but it works in sync with the drive in the hub of the arm to give it a bit of extra swing or deceleration.
I doubt it, I'd say all it does it what it says on the Mondial site
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I have watched it and it looks like it just rotates the same way the whole time, and I didn't really think it could change direction so quickly
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Sorry to drag up an old topic but I think u will find that fan has a cruical function in the operation of the ride, I agree with zamperla, that stuff u see on there website is all just marketing talk. Afterall a ride manufacturer is not going to explain the ins an outs of how there rides operate on the website. Next time u see the ride someone should as the operator of the ride what it does. I think personally it would act to balance and stabalise the ride while the gondal spins.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

When I was on it the other day, I could really hear it roaring. Im gunna guess it helps move the arm a bit, or possibly slow the ride down when coming down into the station to be sure no ones harmed by the G's ? Just my guess. But when your on it, and you hear it, it sure makes you think it was helping move the ride.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The lad who operates Joyland's Power SUrge at the moment is one of the past operators of the No Limit. I asked him at Camden and he said the fan rotates only the one way and that it is only a decoration/appearance thing. I can ask again today if you would like.