"See A Real Show" at the 2007 Perth Royal Show

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, Vee or anyone over west, hows the show :lol: :?:
mmk

Perth Showgrounds Pictures

Post by mmk »

Last edited by mmk on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

now i have read it all.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

interesting to see the larger panels missing off March's Wave,
also interesting to see TWIN FLIP back on the circuit!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I was suprised to c twin flip back. Hope it comes to hawkesbury, i want to ride it. Also ur right huss bout the waveswinger. I saw the panels missing. Welcome MMK, a great pic there, if u have anymore could u put em up. Shame about amusement services. So superbowl mite b coming back to the east of Oz with Lew osbourne buying it. Thats good and shame with all their rides going. Some spots to fill at perth for nxt year

Cheers
Top gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Interesting information!

I often wonder how Show West make money as they no longer travel to the east coast to do any shows and carnivals. I know they do practically every show in the west as well as private gatherings but it would still be difficult to turn a proffit I think.

I'm surprised March's Wave Swinger went to Perth; Show West own one and I thought that would be there instead. Perhaps there were two?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I wouldn't underestimate the money floating around the mining towns of WA, Ben. The working parents would spend up big on the family fun of the show when it comes to town, I think WA operations do quite well in their own right.

That is a good photo, and also interesting information. Anyone know whose Sizzler that is? I don't think I've seen it before.
mmk

Post by mmk »

Zamperla : the sizzler is amusement services, it is quite old and had several paint jobs.

benclare: there were two wave swingers at the show. ill upload another photo which is a bit blurry tomorrow that shows the proximity of the two rides. showwest's wave swinger has dominated as it is way more attractive and in a much better position.

show west are a major player in w.a, my families business have a very good working relationship with them and they hold quality and professional equipment.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Zamperla wrote:I wouldn't underestimate the money floating around the mining towns of WA, Ben. The working parents would spend up big on the family fun of the show when it comes to town, I think WA operations do quite well in their own right.

That is a good photo, and also interesting information. Anyone know whose Sizzler that is? I don't think I've seen it before.
Yes you could be right. Even in small towns without much population, just about everyone goes to the show and spens money as it's a real community event.

I've heard nothing but good things about Show West from people who have had lots of experience with their services. Their Ranger and Python Loop roller coaster used to come east, doing Melbourne and Sydney events mainly I think. The looper went to Darling Harbour one Christmas holidays, joining Wittingslow's small theme park there and the Ranger did Sydney, Hawkesbury and others until 1996 or so and was replaced with O'Neil's model.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

personally i dont like to go around starting rumors, as their is enough of them on the showgrounds already. Im quite surprised to see anyone buy the splashdown if indeed sold with the current water shortage etc. you would have to be mad. chairlift was sold a year or so ago.
mmk

Post by mmk »

http://i24.tinypic.com/s25yy1.jpg <another pic from the showgrounds.
ride freak

Post by ride freak »

wow the march's hurricane looks like they have done some work on it new colored lighting and Paint its looking awesome last time i saw it all the lighting on the tower was stripped off and painted yellow with name hurricane down it with strobe lights that worked on it at night they must of done some more work on their rides line up i see the wave swinger has a new colored tarp roof and i dont know why pannels are missing maybe that are in the shop being repainted or something lol
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I was suprised march's hurricane is there. MMK, how did showest's nitro go?
mmk

Post by mmk »

top gunner: nitro had full rides all day, very popular

march's hurricane and wave swinger have been there for a while now
benclare

Post by benclare »

Is Splash Down like Splash Canyon?
Vee

Post by Vee »

I've been bed ridden with flu since Tuesday...

Was a good show weather wise, the sideshow visitors were tough to crack though.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Sorry 2 hear Vee, i knew the marchs waveswinger went but not there hurricane. If marchs do go, u guys mite get to expierience the new KMG Tango. Also, does anyone have some good pics of the supanova. Thanx
jddc7

Post by jddc7 »

so does that mean the the Supa Nova and the Splash down will be leaving?