"See A Real Show" at the 2007 Perth Royal Show

Vee

"See A Real Show" at the 2007 Perth Royal Show

Post by Vee »

We're just under 6 weeks away from this years Perth Royal Show. It's starting with the first day of school holidays - Saturday the 29th of September and runs for 8 days until Saturday the 6th of October. The "Brownes Free Kids Day" is on again for the Wednesday (3/Oct), offering free entry for children under 12 years old who present an empty Brownes White Milk 1L carton or 2L bottle at the gates. This is likely to be a popular option for young families and should see a good day for the children's ride operators.

For those of us who aren't lucky enough to be under 12 years old, tickets are available at the gate or for pre-sale at HBF, Woolworths, RAC & Video Ezy stores. Perth's Royal Show is similarly priced to The Ekka in Brisbane with entry for Adults (16 & up) at $22, Children (5 - 15) at $10 and free entry for under 5's. There are several concessions for Seniors, Students & Pensioners and the Family Pass is back for 1 Adult & 4 Children or 2 Adults & 2 Children at a price of $54.00.

Australia’s gold capital, Kalgoorlie-Boulder is this years guest town with Indonesia the guest nation. Both are sure to be popular, especially the spectacle of the 150 strong Indonesian military band. There will be many other free attractions at the Royal including dance performances, live bands, entertainers and, of course, fireworks from 9pm each night!

The ride line-up is yet to be completely confirmed but will include Chaos!, The Claw, Mega Drop and a 2-story Haunted Mansion.

Take a look at all the information available at the new Perth Royal Show website - www.perthroyalshow.com.au
benclare

Post by benclare »

Is this the first time Durkin's have been over to WA? Melbourne sure will be different without the Claw and Chaos down there. Still, they may get Insanity and they've definitely got the Skyview Wheel.

The Perth Show looks good; I sure wish I was going!
Vee

Post by Vee »

I'm not that familiar with the Eastern States outfits but I was just looking at the old Perth Royal threads and the '05 one says The Claw was here in 2004?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

damn no mega drop.... but then again we will see it at dandenong, geelong... etc etc

The 2007 Royal Melbourne Show: Australia's SMALLEST Midway with the BIGGEST dissapointment....

:P cant wait
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ur a funny one Huss. Durkins did go there a couple of years ago. I heard claw hasn't been there for a couple of years and chaos hasn't been there for ages. Hopefully its a great show. Its usually a great lineup over there.Is that other claw going. The moser one or whatever? The new one that came last year i think :?:

Cheers
Top Gunner14
LUVTHATURBO

Post by LUVTHATURBO »

I haven't seen the chaos at the Perth Royal sohw since about 1990/1991 - we are talking more than 15 years. I very much doubt it will be in Perth. VEE - what makes you think it will be at the show?

As for the claw, it did come to Perth (only once) and that was either 2003 or 2004, it never came back. I wolud also be suprised if this showed up.

The ride line up at the show has got worse in recent years, we have lost a number of rides in recent memory. A few that have vanished from Perth include:

Zipper
Kamikaze (operated by Russell Watkins from memory)
Mega Mix
Top Spin
TURBO
PNC

Post by PNC »

was the top spin sold overseas?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

PNC, i thought it was sold to a showmen on this side of the country. I haven't heard anything since.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Durkin's Chaos will indeed be at Perth.

Pretty sure Crowley brought the first one into the country (WA) which was later on-sold to Durk's.

Luvthaturbo, I think you would've seen Chaos at this time (1996, first year it was in worldwide operation)
LUVTHATURBO

Post by LUVTHATURBO »

Thats great news, I have never been on the chaos before, I look forward to it ;)
benclare

Post by benclare »

Chaos isn't a bad ride, completely random and unpredictable which is typical of Chance rides. It can be very intense but can get a bit bland as well; am interested what you think after you ride it!

Chaos first appeared at the 1997 RES, the last year it operated at the Moore Park Showgrounds, now Fox Studios. The Scorpion and Centrepoint 2000 Feris Wheel were also new attractions that year.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

I may be wrong but I always thought Top Spin, Space Loop and the Spin Dragon were all the one ride just a with a different paint job! So that would explain why Perth no longer sees Top Spin!. These three rides were the same thing, they never appeared together and they were always part of Wittingslow's and Durkin's special 2 for 1 offers at the Adelaide Show - so I had always assumed they were the same ride.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Spaceroller and Spin Dragon were the same ride (Wittingslow)

Topspin has always been WA-based only (Pell), I think it may have been called Wipeout originally, prior to Dreamworld building their attraction, as I recall it being at Moomba under this name in 1993. - it has since been sold off-shore.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I thought it was sold 2 someone on the east coast of oz???
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes I think you're right guys. The ride was called Space Loop, then changed to Spin Dragon in 2000, just before the RES. I remember the Triple M show bag offered discounted or free rides on Wittingslow rides including SD, Ranger and Rainbow. Three years ago, I bought one of these bags, mainly for the cool backpack and they were still offering two for one rides on the Spin Dragon!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, cause i'd never heard of space loop. That would explain when i went 2 sydney bac in 2000 i remember watchin' the spin dragon. I didn't go on it cause iwas only 7 back then. I'd never heard of showest's top spin just before it was sold and it had a pic of it on there website with it sayin 4 sale
princess

Post by princess »

Wish I could say I was only 7 in 2000 (sorry of topic) lol :lol: :shock:
LUVTHATURBO

Post by LUVTHATURBO »

I remember the spin dragon was involved in an accident at the South Australian show a few years ago. Does anyone remember that?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yes, apparently there were some rusted bolts or something (if this is wrong, feel free to correct me) and the ride then collapsed, leaving several passengers injured.
princess

Post by princess »

We have discussed this accident heaps on this forum, put in spin dragon in the search engine and read some of the old comments.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

When does the show start and finish?
benclare

Post by benclare »

It runs from 29 September to 6 October I think.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Oh ok, thanx ben
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

so does anyone know what if anything happened in Perth this year??
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes I'd love a review if possible. :) Hopefully the weather has fined up too as it was quite wet last week.