Show West Nitro

princess

Post by princess »

Like Twin Flip was going to Adelaide, not.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

lol.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

As if twin flip would go 2 adealide again :!: No one would go on it, it'd sit empty da whole time lol :lol:
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

actually i've always wondered if someone were to bring around the spin dragon again - would anybody go on it?? would it be profitable?
benclare

Post by benclare »

I think the Spin Dragon would be popular again if it was made clear the ride had been overhalled and tested loads of times. I wouldn't have any problem with riding it. I'd be thinking about what happened in 2000 of course but would be okay I think.
princess

Post by princess »

The Spin Dragon accident should of been a lesson learned, do not use non recommended materials, when maintaining your ride, going cheap, can be the most expensive and dangerous decison you could ever make.

We drive cars that get fixed, why not rides.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I remember when i first went 2 sydney back in 2000 and watchin the spin dragon. I was only 7 back then. I was shocked when i heard about its accident back in adelaide. I'd probably go on it if it came back out. Also with rides, they need to be built with the right materials to stand up to the pressure taken on them. That was stange when someone said it hadn't been inspected in 5 years. Also, showmen can lose alot of money with the cost of insurance these days.

DOes anyone know where it is or what happened to it?

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

TopGunner, last I heard it was sitting in the engineering faculty at the University of Adelaide, still impounded from the initial investigations.
princess

Post by princess »

So do you suppose that they are using this as a tool for educating engineers, as to what to look for, what can happen etc.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx zamperla. So it is still here in Aus. I thouht it went back overseas. IS that what it is being used 4, to show engineers in training what can happen. That's what i want 2 b when i leave scool, b an engineer and go overseas
princess

Post by princess »

I know someone else on this forum who should of been an engineer, :? hope you do it Top gunner. :lol: :wink:.

Top gunner that was just my guess as to why it was at the uni, sounds like a great idea, anyway.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx princess. Thats my big aim 2 do. I'd luv 2 go and travel around the world and study all the rides. I'd luv 2 work 4 technical park as they r 1 of my favourite manufacturers. They produce sum g8 rides over there in italy. I'd luv 2 c the pegsus that they make 2 cme hear. It'd b interestin 2 c if dragon spin comes back out. I wonder how long it'll b at the uni there in SA.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

no hopes of bein a ride engineer... but owning a RAINBOW! pwoah! love!
princess

Post by princess »

You have other creative talents Huss, which we all appreciate.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I will b over the moon if i ever get 2 bein an engineer. It would b a great expierience