IGA Perth Royal Show 2008

princess

Post by princess »

Costs of today are very comparable to what it was 10 years ago
Last edited by princess on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

If they were charging 12 dollars for ONE drop... that is just pathetic I'm sorry. 7 rides would pay for your entry to Dreamworld for TWO days...

And on the burried alive attraction... I will not be seen within 10m of that attraction ever!
princess

Post by princess »

You are right Vee it is business, it really comes down to covering your costs and making a profit.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, its really about money these days now. These days people are forking out alot of money to ride but because they're spending so much, they aren't having a great time at the shows as much as it used to be. They still are but that is ridiculous for $12 of the drop and then $10 for other rides.
PNC

Post by PNC »

i think that is how inflation works. fuel goes up, prices go up so people ask for for in wages then it costs the company more so there price goes up, back in the day that rides at RES were $2 or $3 the average wage was probably only $15 000 a year, it must be closer to $40 000 now its just how the cycle of life goes i guess.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, true PNC, I see the point you're makeing
Vee

Post by Vee »

My Dad was telling me about how joints used to be half the cost of rides (he used 20 & 40 cents as an example). Then the joints started catching and eventually equalled the cost of rides as the cost of stock and other expenses went up for the joint operators but maintained steady for ride operators.

When it comes to shows, you ask for as much as you can get away with. Some people pay, some people don't. It doesn't matter if they complain about the cost, it's not like your turning them upside down and shaking the money out of their pockets.

The Ag. societies have a tendency to double dip when it comes to ground and gate fees - they charge a lot for both.
PNC

Post by PNC »

very true, from what i have gathered, the ground at capitals is very expensive, if the show society want more peole through the gate maybe they should charge less rent and in return ask the operators to pass the saving on the the punter.
creeper

Post by creeper »

Clay wrote:Its called Profiteering , all they are concerned about is lining there pockets, they are going to kill the shows if they keep ripping people off. Seen a few peices on the news complaining about prices seen a few websites. These people are just ripping people off now. its gone beyond of making a fair profit for a fair days work
Obviously you do not understand the logistics and massive expenses incurred in taking a ride 3,000 klms and then return from Perth like these ops. do...also I know that the Mega Drop uses a 380kva generator to run their ride at Perth and that the fuel was around $1.80 plus per litre....that was to fill the generators and pay high prices across the desert....maybe Lew Osborne and the other Eastern States ops. have a valid reason for charging these prices...also heard the rents went up a lot...I personally would hate to have the expenses of these ops that drive a long way to support shows. 'Just maybe you would be helping these ops survive if you accept the higher prices to keep their businesses on the road...I also know that L&L have 2 more years to go to finishing paying the Mega Drop off..big business, big expenses!
creeper

Post by creeper »

princess wrote:Was Mega Drop charging for 1 ride only at $12, or was it ride twice for $12???????????
...has anyone put fuel in their car lately and gone for a very long drive???????I do not believe these ops are charging these prices through greed...I think it is called SURVIVAL! I certainly would'nt like to try and do this type of business like they do travelling all over Australia..there cossts must be crippling!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

^

WIN
princess

Post by princess »

If I knew how to quote, I would quote myself from the following page, where I said about the high costs of going to Perth, did you not read that Creeper, I thought that maybe they were charging a bit more for two rides, instead of the one ride.

Clay could you please edit your post regarding Carnies, some people I care about are in this industry, not to mention I hate the term "Carnies".
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Princess, I don't think Clay was seriously calling them that. But creeper, we have basically gone over this and we know all the expences to run a ride. We don't need to be told again. I can see where Clay is coming from because he does know what he is doing and talking about
princess

Post by princess »

Topgunner insight is a valuable lesson from anyone, you never know creeper maybe someone who actually knows more than you. :?
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

woah the forum exploded whilst i was away
princess

Post by princess »

thats healthy scorpian, where you been
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, he probably does but i do know all the expenses for running a ride. I do appreciate Creeper for writing that up.
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

Alright everybody. I am not happy at all with the direction this topis is heading in and have removed the childish and blantant disregarding posts. If this behaviour continues, your account will be cancelled.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
princess

Post by princess »

Yes creeper, I do know what it is to put fuel in my car and go for a very long drive. :
Last edited by princess on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

ive been in melbourne at a forensic science conference Princess
princess

Post by princess »

Lol, sounds great, I am surer now that we will all be safe with you around. :lol: :lol:, or at least know who did it.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

unfortunately im only a student! and at the moment my phd project has nothing really to do with forensic science lol.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Mattie wrote:Alright everybody. I am not happy at all with the direction this topis is heading in and have removed the childish and blantant disregarding posts. If this behaviour continues, your account will be cancelled.
:roll: :roll:

you ruined the topic good work. Pretty much the straight out facts hurt, and then comes the abuse. My post was not abusive in anyway. Whats good for some isn't good for others?

personally the way this forum is going, if your going to moderate peoples opinion (iv got no problem with getting rid of the abuse) then in reality its not going to be worth posting here.
creeper

Post by creeper »

Clay wrote:
Mattie wrote:Alright everybody. I am not happy at all with the direction this topis is heading in and have removed the childish and blantant disregarding posts. If this behaviour continues, your account will be cancelled.

you ruined the topic good work. Pretty much the straight out facts hurt, and then comes the abuse. My post was not abusive in anyway. Whats good for some isn't good for others?

personally the way this forum is going, if your going to moderate peoples opinion (iv got no problem with getting rid of the abuse) then in reality its not going to be worth posting here.
for once we agree ! Tell me how do you feel about No Limits and Speed charging $15...would you say that these prices are fucking (quote, one of your posts) pathetic!...if you edit this Mattie for using the "f" word....consider that you have left it in for others and it could be construed as discrimination!
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

creeper wrote:
Clay wrote:

for once we agree ! Tell me how do you feel about No Limits and Speed charging $15...would you say that these prices are fucking (quote, one of your posts) pathetic!...if you edit this Mattie for using the "f" word....consider that you have left it in for others and it could be construed as discrimination!

discrimination wow thats a big word.
No problems at all with speed and no limits, slingshot and any other ride that can only take 2 4 6 8 people at a time, these guys have a reason to charge those prices. As they cant get the same return as a bigger ride. which can take 20 - 30 - 50 people theres a huge difference. Also the big difference in ride lengths. What is fucking pathetic is people with rides that can take 50+ people at a time charging 9$ a head.