IGA Perth Royal Show 2008

Top Gunner14

IGA Perth Royal Show 2008

Post by Top Gunner14 »

NEW RIDES
For adrenaline junkies, this year you'll find a bunch of new rides in Side Show Alley. Hair-raising and seat-twisting, they'll have you coming back for more.

We will be telling you more about our new rides soon. There are FOUR of them and they will make you scared. Very scared.

Prepare yourself for Skywalker

Haunted Hotel

Flashdance

Energy Storm

Rides back for another year:
3D Maze
Claw
Chaos
Crazy Dance
Dodgems
Gee Wizz
Ghost Train
Mega Drop
Nitro
Orbitor
Python Loop
Ranger
Simulator
Slide
Supa Nova
Twin Flip
Wave Swinger

Well, some great new rides for those westies. Very suprising, Flashdance making the trip over, Energy Storm back on at the royals, Skywalker, no suprise and no suprise haunted Hotel is going. But no Power Surge probably, Joyland's did say it's to far to get to the show. Hopefully a great show.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I personally wouldn't blame Joylands for deciding not to take the Surge to Perth, especially with the price of fuel right now. I would think this would be Sam Evan's first capital show with the Energy Storm in a while... I would like to see that ride back at EKKA cause it's a good ride.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

It's certainly looking much better. Yeh, fuel is very hectic. I don't think I'd be travelling over either. So did Davis first bring it into the country than Sam bought it?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I never thought Davis owned Energy Storm, and that Sam owned it from day one. Aussie Ride Broker made a post about it where it was sort of a riddle... along the lines of "A storm is coming" and he made people guess what the ride was. It seems Matt has deleted a heap of old posts and I think that might have been one of them.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

so looks like Power Surge will do Melbourne this year, after its massively succesful run at Moomba this year. Even though once again Melbourne will dissapoint probably more than last year....

does anyone know if ozshowkid is doing melb? ill give him more music
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I am not sure, but he should be. If he's not on AAF by Friday i'll ask him for you.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well it does look like PS will be in Melbourne. I'm sure Oz will be there. If hes not, just give it to Rus, I'm sure he'd be thankful
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Sam Evans has always been the owner of the Energy Storm.

I too hope to see it back at more Capitals - it is a sleek ride.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, it is a fun ride. Thanks for confirming Zamperla
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

The last time we saw Energy Storm was... that festival near my old work... with Zipper, Ali Baba and Hurricane..
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Sadly, in the condition it's in right now... I don't think Energy Storm would get onto the capitals...It would need a complete cosmetic overhaul before it would get on. It is a shame, because it's such a great ride.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

It was looking alot better at Hawkesbury. Yeh Hurri, does need a fair bit more work but still, it is hard to keep all the rides looking emaculate
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I know that, but in it's original color scheme it looked better.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, the original colours were great
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Looks like Power Surge will be back at Perth. It's now listed on the Royal Show's website
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

oh i want to SkyWalker and Energy Storm in Adelaide lol Power Surge is gonna drive from Adelaide to Perth, they should 2!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'm suprised Skywalker isn't doing Adelaide. Also, whose Waveswinger does Adelaide?
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

its a permanent structure (was buillt after a temporary ones first year)- i'm not sure if the chair things (for want of a better term) are shiffted around.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ah ok, because I was looking at some photos of Adelaide and I saw that Swinger and I'd never seen it before. Who owns it/runs it?
mmk

python loop

Post by mmk »

Went past the showgrounds today and they have started construction of the Python Loop rollercoaster. Thought it may be of interest so I took a couple pictures. :)

The slide, splash down, and ghost trains in the background are all permanent structures at the showgrounds as well.

Cheers
mmk

Force10

Post by Force10 »

If Davis Amusement's have never owned energy storm, why was it pictured in their page in the 2007 showman's guild calendar? are they some how interconnected?
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Thanks for the pics and the update mmk
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I thought the Python Loop was up permanently. Thanks for the photos MMK. And Power Surge isn't doing Perth. Sorry, been given wrong info
mmk

Post by mmk »

Had to go to the showgrounds today to pick up some passes. Couldn't believe how much they did in one day on the rollercoaster.

These are the 4 containers which store the ride. The containers are left on the showgrounds for the remainder of the year.

Last edited by mmk on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

wow, that is very cool. excellent pics. it seems such ashame to leave it sitting in those very convenient shipping containers all year! they could just pick those up and pop them on a train to come do RES, Ekka. I think it would be a great idea!

whats with perth and all their permanent rides!? i think i will have to come visit soon