Perth Royal Show 2009

CoinKing

Perth Royal Show 2009

Post by CoinKing »

copy pasta off the official site.

Sideshow Alley (B3) throws up the thrills and chills of wild rides for all ages and keeps the action at the Show fuelled into the night. This year:

* For the first time ever in Australia we introduce Mixer
* Making a Perth Royal Show debut are Cyber Party and Extreme Speed
* The return of a classic – the Hurricane
* Blood-pumping favourites like Skywalker, Nitro, Haunted Hotel, Megadrop and Super Jump

Mixer looks like a power surge and ranger that had a stillbirth.

video of mixer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPfZogT-wWQ
Top Gunner14

Re: Perth Royal Show 2009

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks fot that coinking. So this is Mixer's first show, wonder how this one will go, IMO doesn't look really exciting.

Good to hear Cyber Party is going over and same with Extreme Speed. So with Cyber Party going, does this mean that Crazy Dance has been given the boot or is this still going?
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Top Gunner14 wrote:Thanks fot that coinking. So this is Mixer's first show, wonder how this one will go, IMO doesn't look really exciting.

Good to hear Cyber Party is going over and same with Extreme Speed. So with Cyber Party going, does this mean that Crazy Dance has been given the boot or is this still going?

crazy dance was finally sold a few months ago. I have been watching mixer videos for the last half an hour, i cant see the ride really doing much, It's seems to operate really slow.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ahh it did finally sell. Who purchased the ride or does that have to be kept under wraps? Yeh I've watched a few videos and it doesn't look spectacular. But I've heard their good rides. I can't see how
mmk

Post by mmk »

BORINGGGGGG
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

mmk wrote:BORINGGGGGG

sounds like you will be the first in WA to ride the mixer.
Vee

Post by Vee »

mmk wrote:BORINGGGGGG
Not wrong, looks like it belongs up there with you guys for some wild 6 year olds :lol:
chacha91

Post by chacha91 »

It really does look like the claw all over again
You only got one life - SO LIVE IT
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Are you sure the Mixer is that one in the clip? If so, this was a dog of a ride when Zamperla released it, plagued with technical problems, and generally an un-exciting ride experience. If it is this make, it was probably purchased at a fire-sale price, as far as I know, they only manufactured 3 units world-wide.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Looks like those cheap Mexican rides.

Why oh why bring such junk here!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Because it is "a new ride to Australia" (enough to get something on an all-important capital show run for at least 1 season)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Well then i'm sure it will do great at some of the regional shows, that only have an Ali Baba or Dodgems
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

BORING???!! How can you guys call this ride boring? You must be used to riding more extreme rides in the capital cities and over in W.A. We only get lame crap rides over here in regional Qld like: Space Roller, Sky Walker, Hard Rock, Energy Storm, Extreme Speed and Zipper etc. Maybe I should pack up and move to a capital city or W.A. so I can ride more extreme rides. Bring the Mixer over to the East coast of Australia and give us country folk a chance to ride it. I'm sure we can handle it, heck, I can go 6 straight rides on the Tea-cups without spilling a single drop of my drink! I first saw this ride on YouTube a cuppla years ago and nearly bought a ticket straight away to Germany where the Mixer was filmed just to give it a shot. I'd rather call a ride boring after I actually ride it first. Tell us all exactly how 'boring' the Mixer really was after you ride it in your review. I wait in anticipation............Deefa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZXirQImVxU
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

there is an onride on youtube as well, seems like it was inspired by flying circus. I'm not sure about this one...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

DEEFA DODGEM wrote:I first saw this ride on YouTube a cuppla years ago and nearly bought a ticket straight away to Germany where the Mixer was filmed just to give it a shot.
Man you must've been pretty desperate to try that ride. Plus I can think of heaps more better rides I'd be trying over in Germany before even looking at a Zamperla Mixer. That's just what my opinion anyway..........
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Don't worry dude, it wouldn't have been the only ride I would have gone on, but anything that throws me upside down while going in a circular motion gets my juices going. Luckily I have an iron clad stomach. Besides, those German showmen know how to keep their rides looking spectacular. I also would love to give their Autobahn a 'ride' too,heck, if your cars' speedo goes up to 260km/h you might as well do it LEGALLY! Wouldn't mind jumping over to the U.K. to check out the Nottingham Goose Fair while I'm over there as well.(Could also finally meet the other half of my relations while in the U.K.)
Deefa.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh that's what I'd love to do one day, the Autobahn. Dunno where I'd get a Ferrari or Lamborghini from to drive on there lol.

Yeh the European showmen go nuts with their rides. Shows they have the money to spend with the amount of paying riders they get over there
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Its a Zamperla Mixer, I rode it the other day I thought it was a pretty good ride. It looks very nice, Im not going to give anything away but it looks good. I find it interesting that everyone bags a showmen when they go to all the effort to buy a ride, bring it to Australia and work it. Everyone complains when we import rides that are already over here and when somebody buys something differant all people can do is call it junk, I reakon you should all put your money up, buy a ride, bring it to OZ and see how good you go.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

ozshowkid wrote:Its a Zamperla Mixer, I rode it the other day I thought it was a pretty good ride. It looks very nice, Im not going to give anything away but it looks good. I find it interesting that everyone bags a showmen when they go to all the effort to buy a ride, bring it to Australia and work it. Everyone complains when we import rides that are already over here and when somebody buys something differant all people can do is call it junk, I reakon you should all put your money up, buy a ride, bring it to OZ and see how good you go.

Cheers OZshowkid

Looks like the sort of ride that will do all capitals once in australia and never be seen again. Its not just about running out and buying a ride, anyone can do that. You want a ride that will attract customers for years to come with a good appearance and cycle. The Zamperla mixer has none of these features.This purchase could of been thought out abit more then buying something "unique" that looks like junk.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Eh. Im not liking to look of this one.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Oz you know I only have the intention of ever owning a Rainbow :-)
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Speed, skill and action and needed to win the Ferrari 500 Racers - the newest and most exciting ride that doesn't leave the ground.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH , it just keeps getting more pathetic. :roll:
mmk

Post by mmk »

some pics i took today while setting up our games - just took them on my phone so not the best quality but better than nothing eh
wave swinger
our rides at the ashton gate kiddieland
setting up game tents - dodgems on the left and python loop in the background
ranger and one of 6 firetrucks that rocked up as a fire alarm went off somewhere
orbitor
super jump and dodgems in the back
nitro and in the background, more dodgems
wave swinger again
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

nice pictures mmk, i hear their is also a "new permanent" ghost train this year located next to another ghost train. Lets hope all these new rides will fit with the new design. :lol: :lol:

wtf is mitchells scania doing next to your games? :o
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

great photos MMK - wish I was there (I like that smiley face on the Ranger manhole) Am looking forward to some pics of the Mixer.