Perth Royal Show 2009

CoinKing

Re: Perth Royal Show 2009

Post by CoinKing »

Showed the speed, cyber party and ferrar 500 on the news, has some guy called "brock paview" spewing sh** about how great speed is and how its worth the 20$ ride :roll:
princess

Post by princess »

CoinKing wrote:"brock paview" spewing sh** about how great speed is and how its worth the 20$ ride :roll:
Got to talk up your ride, $20.00 I dont think so!!!

itsfun wrote:he mixer is owned by bronson and lew osbourne. mark eade has nothing to do with it
MMMM, how odd?????
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Pfft no way it's worth $20. Keep the price at $15, don't go boosting it up at a show it's never been to before to rip off customers because they don't know the normal price. I just can't see why operators boost their prices up. Keep them cheaper, you'll get more riders then they would probably earn as much or more money as they would've with the higher price. That's how I see it anyway.

So Coinking what do you think of the Mixer and the other newer rides at the show this year?
princess

Post by princess »

Top Gunner14 wrote:So Coinking what do you think of the Mixer and the other newer rides at the show this year?
Yes I would be interested in your opinion too. :)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Perth and Melbourne are 4 days apart in 2010, like Adelaide and Melbourne this year.... will be interesting to see if Sky Walker does Melbourne and Space Roller does Perth
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

I just couldn't sacrifice Space Roller for another ride.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:Perth and Melbourne are 4 days apart in 2010, like Adelaide and Melbourne this year.... will be interesting to see if Sky Walker does Melbourne and Space Roller does Perth

yes it does perth along with hurricane
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

Huss, Marsh's always do Perth, and since Luke is now a member of the WA Showman's Guild he'll probably stay there to do most of the shows after Perth Royal before returning to do Coffs Harbour

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
mmk

Post by mmk »

It's good to see new rides coming to Perth however the MIXER was not operating at all today... For a brand new ride, this is very disappointing. Also none of the SPEED lights were working on the rotating arm and you couldn't even see it spin from a distance tonight cause it was obviously dark.

Crowds were same/same as last year, hoping the next two days get better.
princess

Post by princess »

Is Mixer actually a brand new ride, or is it secondhand?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh as Aussie said with Luke now on the Guild over there, he'll do the shows over there so you won't be seeing Skywalker in Melbourne. Yeh I thought the Mixer was second-hand, maybe not then?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I know that March's do most WA shows, but Melbourne finishes 4 days before Perth starts... you never know... Sky Walker did almost do Moomba this year...
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

might aswell get the ball rolling wit some pictures

looks like its missing something :lol:

behind the wave swinger you can see australias worst new ride , the mixer, was closed all of yesterday with some short guy running around welding on it, no wonder they didnt show it on the news review.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks Coinking. Was the Mixer being test run when you took that photo or was it actually operating? Yeh bit odd with the cover missing off Skywalker. Is there less gear at the show this year with the change of layout?
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Top Gunner14 wrote:Thanks Coinking. Was the Mixer being test run when you took that photo or was it actually operating? Yeh bit odd with the cover missing off Skywalker. Is there less gear at the show this year with the change of layout?

thats the position the ride was stopped in for most of the day. quite alot less gear because of the layout, taking out two streets have caused the number of games down dramatically, will do a full review in a few days regarding the changes, ride prices and commitment off some operators.
PNC

Post by PNC »

Top Gunner14 wrote:Pfft no way it's worth $20. Keep the price at $15, don't go boosting it up at a show it's never been to before to rip off customers because they don't know the normal price. I just can't see why operators boost their prices up. Keep them cheaper, you'll get more riders then they would probably earn as much or more money as they would've with the higher price. That's how I see it anyway.
they will earn as much with more people and a lower price, however the machine will work harder with more riders and therefor more maintainance will be required, i dont agree with over pricing rides, but there is 2 sides to the story.
princess

Post by princess »

PNC wrote:but there is 2 sides to the story.
Yes PNC you are quite right, I have heard your analogy before, so there must be a compromise, I will always remember where I got a good deal from, I will keep going back, until it changes.
princess

Post by princess »

Bad weather in Perth, is perth getting the crowds.
itsfun

Post by itsfun »

no the mixer is second hand. it came out of a park. tony smans has had it for approx 1 yr.
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks itsfun, hope they got it going again???
mmk

Post by mmk »

it is a 1997 park model and they have trailerized it...

still not operating all day yesterday - i walked past around 9pm and it had sand weight bags in the seats for testing. looks like it might just be sitting there
itsfun wrote:no the mixer is second hand. it came out of a park. tony smans has had it for approx 1 yr.
princess

Post by princess »

mmk wrote:looks like it might just be sitting there

MMMMMM :shock:
Vee

Post by Vee »

CoinKing wrote:Showed the speed, cyber party and ferrar 500 on the news, has some guy called "brock paview" spewing sh** about how great speed is and how its worth the 20$ ride :roll:
+$10 for one photo or 2 for $15 :|
Aussie Ride Broker wrote:Huss, Marsh's always do Perth, and since Luke is now a member of the WA Showman's Guild he'll probably stay there to do most of the shows after Perth Royal before returning to do Coffs Harbour
Last year, Luke did Waroona with the Sky Walker but I'm not sure if he did any others after that. The booking list for this year has him in WA until mid-November.
HUSSRAINBOW wrote:I know that March's do most WA shows, but Melbourne finishes 4 days before Perth starts... you never know...
I wouldn't say most. 4 days is enough time to get the ride to Perth if it's racked but a real push to have it racked after a capital and then setup at another on the other side of the country in that time. I've heard of it being done before though.
mmk wrote:it is a 1997 park model and they have trailerized it...

still not operating all day yesterday - i walked past around 9pm and it had sand weight bags in the seats for testing. looks like it might just be sitting there
I heard that the issue they are having with it is wiring related - the loom has been severed with no labelling so there are something like 70 wires with no colour coding that need to be traced and re-wired for it to function fully.

-

I'm not back at the showgrounds until Thursday to work the Fri/Sat/packup. If anyone wants to say hi, I'll be opposite the Megadrop - look for my DP;
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

itsfun wrote:no the mixer is second hand. it came out of a park. tony smans has had it for approx 1 yr.
Yeh remember being told Tony had it and that it was an ex-park model. That would be a pretty big hassle with the wiring issue with no colour coding. Thought it would've been alright to go when Tony had it, especially with him having t for so long, did Tony ever have it operating at anytime?
princess

Post by princess »

How is Perth going, did the Mixer get going??