2011 Perth Royal Show (October 1st-8th)

benclare

Re: 2011 Perth Royal Show (October 1st-8th)

Post by benclare »

Many ride operators use the "Australia's fastest ride" tag on their attractions. Amongst the rides already mentioned, I've heard that claim on Super Sizzler, Force 10, Rock-n-roll (new version) and Extreme Speed. I don't think there is any real truth in those claims but it sounds good and all the above mentioned rides do go fast and are fantastic. My money is on TT2 being the quickest in Australia.
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Sorry guys for the lateness of update over here in the west,an full review shall be published during next week,as i am currently working as ride operator for the kid rides :) and will be packing up tonight (Oct 8th) just after 10:00pm.

One thing is certain
Bell's Thunderbolt is doing exceptionally well (possibly back next year)
March's Skywalker is always getting lots of riders both day and night,both of theses attractions are going really awesome.

Rides is failing to excite thrillseeks is :
Mitro Enterprises Super Trooper through out the days I've seen 1-2 people riding mostly in the day and at night sits there empty so does the Sizzler!

Full reviews coming soon,

Thrillseeker08
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks Thrillseeker, thought it was unusually quite in the west,this has always been a rather "hot" topic
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Hey everyone, sorry for delay for my report in review of last weeks Royal Show.

Sideshow alley seem really thriving with showgoers,the following rides is my review:

Nitro:
Seem to have a fair few of people during the first days of the show it seem to have a long queue,however ride cycles were matched between 1 and 2 to ease congestion. Didn't bother riding it instead photographed it.

Orbitor;
Queue times were very small through out the days of the show,got dead quiet during the fireworks. However haven't been on it since 2009,sure loved the G forces that strong it teared my shirt lol.

Ranger:
Medium loads and ride cycle through out the days,mostly busy on the last day. However loved the ride cycle upside down,so much fun left a few bruises on my shoulder.

The Rage:
Full ride cycles,half the queue times. It lost business to Bell's Thunderbolt,rode this once and I can say Thunderbolt is alot smoother not so awkward like the rage with it cars otherwise enjoyed it.

Super Trooper (Mitro)
Haven't rode this ride since it's last appearance in 2004-06,not many people were all that excited however love the extra forward and reverse ride cycle,good value for money at $8.00

Gee-Whiz and Pythoon Loop:
Love both of these family favorite rides,not so busy during the eight days of the show mainly in the last few days,however throughly enjoyed it.

Mega Drop:
Ride and queue loads were fairly steady,loved the view of the Showgrounds at night,forgot how fast it dropped me at 200kays!!

SuperBowl& Wave Swinger (March's)
Easy queue times,didn't have to wait long before we started off.
Forgot how incredible the G forces were! Good fun,value for money.

SkyWalker:
Did extremely well,very busy and seriously packed to the point of doing 1 and a half cycles before unloading,rode it on a Monday night love the excellent ride cycle,so much fun. *note hurt my family bits especially for men,left bruises on my shoulder!

Speed:
Fairly busy during the days and early evenings,queue times were less than 5-10mins resulting in 1-2 full cycles. Rode this on the last night, enjoyed it but very steep for $20 a ride.

Thunderbolt:
Best ride that gain The Rage's loss in ride numbers,however this is seriously fast even in backwards,felt the G forces enough for me to feel dizzy afterwards,very glad it came to perth,enjoyed it hope it comes back again next year.

Hope you all enjoyed that ride review,sorry for delay,photos will be up later next week. Busy weekend ahead working at the kid carnival for telethon at the Perth Convention Centre.

Enjoy
Alan
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks Thrillseeker, very quite this year from the west, sounds like it was a well attended show, all the money is in the west.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Sky Walker only hurts on your shoulders.... Whoever at KMG designed those restraints needs a good kick to the head
benclare

Post by benclare »

Great review!

I do wish the looping coaster would come east again as it was one of my favourites at the Easter Show in the early 90's.
Vee

Post by Vee »

benclare wrote:I do wish the looping coaster would come east again as it was one of my favourites at the Easter Show in the early 90's.
The Super Loop? Isn't that in NZ now?
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

NZ's Super Loop was purchased new from the States in the early 80's so has always been here. Presume they are reffering to a Roller Coaster.
Vee

Post by Vee »

kiwi wrote:Presume they are reffering to a Roller Coaster.
The Python Loop is a coaster with a loop in it, and has been at the Perth Royal every year for many years. I took it to mean a Super Loop-like attraction that hasn't been here for a while. I vaguely remember it being here, from when I was a child.

Edit: Ignore me, I reread what benclare said.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yep I did mean Python Loop, I was a bit vague there. I do like Super Loop as well and haven't ridden it for years. Wittingslow's one used to operate at Darling Harbour until mid 1994 when it along with Tristar, Galaxy Coaster, Disco Train, UFO etc were replaced with a Cha Cha and Splash canyon.