The Beachouse

scorpionSA

The Beachouse

Post by scorpionSA »

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... 82,00.html

Beachouse amusement park sold to Taplin Group

FRANCES STEWART
October 02, 2008 12:01am
THE Beachouse amusement park in Glenelg has been sold to the Taplin Group for an undisclosed amount.

The business, which opened on the old Magic Mountain site just two years ago, was placed in receivership last month with debts of $16 million.

A significant portion of the company's debt was attributed to the construction of a 25m ferris wheel, which is now $1 million over its original $800,000 budget and yet to operate.

Although the Taplin Group have bought the freehold title to the site, the company will lease the business back to its previous owners, the Rimington Group.

Under a 40-year deal, the previous management will continue to run the amusement park.

Mark Hamilton, from Grope Hamilton Lawyers, represented the Rimington Group during the negotiations.

He said the sale and lease-back would provide a seamless transition and that all bookings, such as weddings and birthdays, would proceed as planned

http://www.thebeachouse.net.au/
sam

Re: The Beachouse

Post by sam »

This amusement centre would do well if they focused on a wider audience, eg. having some thrill/family rides like a Ghost train, Musik Express, and the Mad mouse on the rooftop! :D If they did this they would be even more popular, and could rival sydney/ melbourne's Luna Parks! :idea:
PNC

Post by PNC »

is the ferris wheel still not operating? i was there about a year ago and it looked finished but was not open yet, i thought the place was great for kids, but i do agree, a thrill ride would be great but unlikely
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yes it opened quietly only a few months ago. It is possibly the slowest moving ferris wheel in Australia (geared so highly it doesn't have to be balanced) - 1 revolution takes about 8 minutes. It is looking pretty rough for such a new wheel. The perspex windows are no match for the salt air.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

I'll get in before everyone else......
Only in Adelaide......... Sigh.
princess

Post by princess »

Welcome back Scorpian
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »