Adelaide show 2010

princess

Re: Adelaide show 2010

Post by princess »

There is something about you that is sounding very familiar, Jameskirk.!!!!???
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

The weather today at the moment is rainy and stormy and the show has begun! :(
I hope it doesn't cause trouble...
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Ha ha, sorry but todays weather here in Perth sunny and warm as,

Does anyone have any riders numbers for today? very keen how the Mixer attracted people today !
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

The weather in my state was windy & stormy!
I got lots of thunder & lightning & I had to unplug everything until the conditions improved.
Dagz

Post by Dagz »

Wet wet wet and windy and crowd numbers well down funniet thing though seeing my mate Zamperla working in the rain with the rest of us on the Ferris wheel
If your parents never had children chances are you wont either
princess

Post by princess »

Someone take a photo of zamperla.
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Another stormy day in my suburb. It's like a typhoon!
As if the collapse of the Spin Dragon wasn't bad enough, the show could be cancelled at anytime. :evil:
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

I hardly think the show will be cancelled. Dramatic much??
It's a lovely sunny day in Adelaide and there was a big queue to get in when I went past about an hour ago - so hopefully that is a good sign!
I saw on the news that the show organisers are expecting to loose $100,000's of dollars for the first few days because of the weather. One of the sideshow operators commented that is the worst year they can remember.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Is Insanity at the show?
princess

Post by princess »

Well, well well Scorpian, was wondering if you would turn up, long time no see. Good to see your post. I have been hearing the same about how bad the show is, not sure they will be able to recover.
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

princess wrote:Well, well well Scorpian, was wondering if you would turn up, long time no see.
Possible getting checked out due the incident in Canada a few months back
I read some where the manufacture was recommending all unit be checks
princess

Post by princess »

tooheyzz wrote:Possible getting checked out due the incident in Canada a few months back
I read some where the manufacture was recommending all unit be check
Sorry Tooheyzz, I was actually commenting about ScorpianSA, who has not posted in a little while. :D
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

Yes insanity is at the show. and going very well.
insanity.jpg
insanity.jpg (141.58 KiB) Viewed 17104 times
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

cheers for the welcome back princess, I must admit I have been lurking for a while these past few weeks just not posting..
i actually just got back from the show actually, will post a few things tomorrow..
hoping to get back on saturday soon..

and yes insanity is there, but it wasn't working all of monday night....
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

So scorpianSA, how it all go for rider numbers? (Very intrested on how the Mixer is drawing crowds)
Im sure with the wet and wild weather surely hasnt scared people off :D
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
sam

Post by sam »

The weekend, except Sunday, was pretty bad in terms of attendance. However, even though it was pouring people were still buying tickets to ride. The Mixer does not seam to be drawing any major crowds, I have seen it on many occasions with just two people on it, or nobody at all. The Hangover appears to be doing better than the mixer! The Claw keeps breaking down, and the other morning the Big Dipper had some troubles which were soon fixed.
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Been to show today with just my mum. I've been on:
1. Gravitron
2. Techno Jump
3. Sky Flyer
4. Ali Baba
5. Wave Swinger
6. Thunder Bolt

Didn't go on ferris wheel since there was a huge queue!! :(
And I'm too old for showbags! They're full of sweets, treats and toys that are made out of cheap Chinese plastic crap!
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Did you manage to get any phots Dazzleland?
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Space Roller Freak wrote:Did you manage to get any phots Dazzleland?
I didn't take my video camera, nor my still camera. My mum wouldn't trust me... :(
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

hey hey

I only went quickly on Monday night (a spur of the moment thing), which has been one of the better days for weather. The weather has generally improved throughout the week so hopefully attendance numbers have been up a little during the week (on normal) (although there has been a problem in the cow pavillion - might keep nervous parents away).
Sideshow alley wasn't overly busy on Monday night, but alas it was a Monday night and I would assume this isn't really the busiest of busiest nights. Agree with what someone said about the mixer, hardly saw anyone on it. The big dipper also seemed pretty empty as well and as I said Insanity wasn't working the whole night. I go past the show everyday to and from work and I did notice that Insanity was working last night so i'm not sure it if was a problem on monday of if they just didn't think there were too many people around. The only major ride I went on was the Hard Rock which has reasonable numbers, especially for a Monday night, our cycle wasn't full but I would have thought it was a reasonable enough number, and we didn't have to wait to long for it to fill it up to a suitable level that they were happy to run at. Also was a decent cycle, I can still remember how short some of them were when it was still new and really popular. Also appeared to be quite a few people on Space Roller, BreakDance and Hangover (which interstingly had all you can ride for $30 - not sure if this has been the case elsewhere, I haven't really been on here much this year). I also went on this new 2 level ghost train thing that a friend wanted to go on, which had really good theming and I think little kids would love (@ 2 for $15 it really didn't have what someone who is nearly 26 is looking for lol). I'm hoping to get back on Saturday so I'll have a closer look at the name then.
And I know Princess loves it, so the art of spruiking was alive and well, with many of the showies trying to get me to have a go on the sideshow games! Even though I am of eternally bad luck, i did spend $15 playing blackjack at one and alas I am still no closer to getting that giant kermit the frog!
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

also interestingly about the claw, i was wondering where it was, i didn't see it at all on Monday night. Possibly taken away for repairs? I think they did that with the Scorpion one year, they decided it was better to remove it from the grounds entirely so people didn't see them working on it.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

and finally I just wanted to comment that I really like the layout of sideshow alley this year. I didn't go last year and a lot of the new rides have added a lot of height which looks awesome! And the rides do seem to be getting closer together again which I like..
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

If I went to the show by myself, I would take some onride vids! :P
princess

Post by princess »

Glad you won something Scorpian, also nice to know you take notice :D thanks for the review, it is good to see a great looking skyline, lights flashing.
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Does anyone have any photos from the show?