Adelaide Show '11

HUSSRAINBOW

Re: Adelaide Show '11

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Were doing well with Skywalker, today was running full loads... The layout of the carnival is a bit confusing at times, No Limit looks like its on its own street behind Ali Baba but is actually cornered in.... bit odd... hopefully the weather holds up this week
sam

Post by sam »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:Were doing well with Skywalker, today was running full loads... The layout of the carnival is a bit confusing at times, No Limit looks like its on its own street behind Ali Baba but is actually cornered in.... bit odd... hopefully the weather holds up this week
Oh good! Must have just been a quiet moment when I was checking things out - It is very spectacular when the arm is at full height, I am really looking forward to seeing it at night. I got to say I love the big hands the guys were wearing to point people in the direction of the pay box, very innovative! What do you look like I'll keep an eye out for you? :lol:

Fingers crossed about the weather as well, we are hoping for a good turn out this year especially with such a good start to the Show.

Yeah the No Limit is tucked in quite well, doesn't really give such a visually impressive ride justice, it really should be out in a location like the Speed - which (arguably) is not of the calibre of No Limit in terms of its ability to scare people shitless.

As per your user name I'd assume you would agree with me, the show will never be complete without a Rainbow rushing overhead :cry: I still think it would draw crowds....not to mention the original Pirate Ship and the Mad Mouse.
princess

Post by princess »

You won't get arguments from Huss regarding Rainbow, sounds like a good show, thank you Sam for the review, also agree about No Limit, scares me just watching it.
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

I will be going on the 8th of September, as long as the weather is fine.
And I will be taking pics if my parents allow me!
benclare

Post by benclare »

Great updates guys! I always get excited reading about Extreme and totally can't wait to ride it. I missed my chance in Brisbane last month but will get on it soon. Nice to hear most rides are doing well too. Keep on praying for good weather!
princess

Post by princess »

What did they replace crazy coaster with???
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

Wow, i cant get over speed. its such a good ride and so popular. 12pm, . . 2pm. . . 4pm still full loading with a line i have never seen before, going right down past the exit, to the photo booth, then out onto the street and charging $20 per person, no re-ride special, And Still couldnt make it smaller, and very short cycles. Amazing machine!
Attachments
P9030645.JPG
P9030645.JPG (165.01 KiB) Viewed 16797 times
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

P9030626.JPG
P9030626.JPG (213.45 KiB) Viewed 16796 times
princess

Post by princess »

So good to see good crowds and people spending, weather looks good too
sam

Post by sam »

TheSpeed would be rolling it it....My grandpa was just talking to Broderick (Golden Way) who said that yesterday they made more money then they did the entire EKKA :shock:

@$20pp with 4 riders that's $80 per gondola, with say a ride cycle of 2 minutes and change over every 1 minute (two gondolas) that's $80 a minute, $4800 an hour at full loads.

Not quite as good as the Big Dipper! Though it would have much higher overheads being a coaster....

@$10pp with 12 riders per train that's $120 per train, a train runs every 50 seconds at full loads - that's $8,640 an hour.

I think good on them, they take a big risk spending millions of dollars on these rides, which could have just as easily been flops. It is very hard to tell what the public wants, sometimes it is blatantly obvious that a ride would do crap and other times people are just plain weird....
PNC

Post by PNC »

sorry to say that for me speed is not worth $20, i would simply walk past especially with the short cycle i had a ekka, was barely worth the 2 for $20

i can say that anyone that is down there should try extreme, i cant speak highly enough on this ride, smooth, fast, fun, simply a great ride, its a shame i have to wait a year to ride it again, hopefully next time OZ will be at the controls, this year i rode space roller with a different operator and it was a completly diferent and almost lame experience, my vote is for OZ as one of the best operators around
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

cant believe that line on speed... amazing... didn't even realise it was $20 for a ride... will try get on during the week at a quiet time!
benclare

Post by benclare »

Has the price rise for Speed just come in for Adelaide or was it $20.00 per ride at Ekka too?

I have heard Adelaide is the second most attended show behind Sydney as the locals really embrace it. I was down there a few weeks ago (bad timing) and people were saying how much they were looking forward to the show. Judging by the popularity of the carnival, I'd say Adelaide is in need of a good permanent amusement park, something beyond the Beachouse and the former Magic Mountain.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

For a Monday were doing well, everyone is doing quite good, especially that school holidays isnt even on!
sam

Post by sam »

I still love the atmosphere of the Adelaide show - the RAHS has done a fantastic job keeping the "carnival feel", I especially love how they have planed the main entrance. You walk through the beautifully recreated gates and are faced with Lawrence's Grand Carousel which is directly in front of the Skymaster Wheel - it creates quite a spectacular entrance.

Here are the gates:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35318832@N00/4478368953
princess

Post by princess »

Some bad weather looks like coming in, also what took crazy coaster spot???
sam

Post by sam »

Crazy Coaster's spot is now filled with the Extreme and some sideshows - why isn't the Crazy Coaster at Adelaide? Adelaide has one of the highest attendances for a Capital show in the country, either they were turned down, they have technical problems, or have been paid a very good hire fee.
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Or if you read in public forem under newell highway truckcrash, you will find that crazy coaster was in an accident on its way from ekka to adelaide.
One of the b doubles that cart it was involved in a rollover.
sam

Post by sam »

Thanks Hard Rock - sorry I missed that, I hope all is okay with the driver :(
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks Sam
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Extreme Speed was charging 15 dollars a rider at EKKA or 2 for 25 dollars I think it was with Re-rides either 5 or 10 dollars.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Here's a nice No Limit video from Adelaide which I found on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fom9eYkkJ20
princess

Post by princess »

benclare wrote:Here's a nice No Limit video from Adelaide which I found on You Tube.
Love it, love it, love it. :D
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Here's pics from today!
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks dazzle, what time was this, there was hardly anyone there, I hope it was just after opening
Last edited by princess on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.