Royal Adelaide Show '12

Dazzleland

Royal Adelaide Show '12

Post by Dazzleland »

http://www.theshow.com.au/showground/ro ... w-home.jsp

Below is a list of some of this year's Carnival Rides. The full list of rides for the 2012 Show will be available on the wishlist in late August.
XXL
Speed
Space Roller
Power Surge
Big Dipper
Crazy Coaster
Gravitron
Rock 'n' Roll Matterhorn
Mega Drop
Hard Rock
Hangover
Dodgems
Thunderbolt
Breakdance
Technojump
The Claw
Ali Baba
Skyflyer
Wave Swinger
Fungee Bungee & Simulator
No Limit
Disc O
Skywalker
Psychodelic
benclare

Re: Royal Adelaide Show '12

Post by benclare »

Great as usual! I would be surprised if the Claw was on this year but you never know I suppose. Also the same about Thunderbolt.

Maybe heading over for this one as I may have some work to do in Adelaide fingers crossed.
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Looks like an impressive ride line up, especially SkyWalker returning back to Adeliade.... Remember all you adeliadians,dont be scared :lol:
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

It will be on the 7th to 15th of September. So the rides will arrive on site in ether the final week of August or the first week of September.
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

I wish I was in Adelaide to experience the good old Mega Drop. I just hope it makes a return back to Rye these Summer Holidays :lol:
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

It won't....
I'm working Skywalker again, come chat :-)
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Setup pics from today!

And that's all for now!
Monkeypie

Post by Monkeypie »

Thanks for the great pics Dazzleland :) can't wait to see more!
princess

Post by princess »

Wow great work
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

wow great to see XXXL take Hard Rocks spot, also No Limit has been given the back street that faces Crazy Coaster...
Rachel0298

Post by Rachel0298 »

Great set up pics Dazzleland!
looking forward to seeing some more :)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great detailed photos cheers mate
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

That blue single axle converter dolly is used for towing the Thunder Bolt's auxiliary trailer behind the main trailer but only when traveling on country & outback roads. Single axle converters are rare in Australia & New Zealand.
Rachel0298

Post by Rachel0298 »

Anyone else have any set up pics? :)
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

Sad to see that Extreme isn't back. Really enjoyed that ride.
Still haven't decided if I'm going this year or not..
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Very good ride line up for Adeliade, i wish the guys would bring space roller to Perth, that would definetly looks alot of fun to ride!!

Looking forward to seeing reviews and pictures in coming days !
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
Rachel0298

Post by Rachel0298 »

Anyone get down to the show today? looking forward to seeing reviews and pics over the next few days. :D
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

So how is the weather and also the crowds coming along in Adeliade? Any reviews so far...
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

Well it looks like I'll have to start us off!

Despite saying I wasn't sure if I was actually going I actually ended up going twice and spending way too much money which I didn't really have to spend - LOL.

Didn't bother to write after the first visit on the first Saturday as I only went on one ride, the Thunderbolt. I'd never been on this version of the ride before (Had been on the Wittz Matterhorn a multitude of times back in the day, once of the Ruper-Bahn or whatever it was called and once on the Rock N Roll). Must say I think the Thunderbolt beats all these other rides hands down - very very fast and a nice ride cycle. Also watched my friends little brother on a few rides and I can't believe they still have the Dragon Wagon going around - it used to be one of my favourites as a kid. It looks so basic looking at it now! I would have said the crowd was pretty good that Saturday but it was packed yesterday, much busier than I have seen it for a while.

Ended up going on six attractions this time, 1) Hard Rock, 2) The Big Dipper, 3) Break Dance, 4) Hollywood Horrors, 5) Power Surge, 6) Space Roller. Still very disappointed that Extreme was a no show, really really enjoyed that last year (and i'm pretty sure it was the ride Ecstasy I rode in Austria in '09).

What is left to say about Hard Rock. Nice long ride cycle and I hope it keeps coming to the show for years to come!
Very impressed with the Big Dipper. I was very disappointed when they removed the Mad Mouse. I did go on this just after they installed and I recall being very disappointed with the ride, however I think they must have juiced it up over the last few years. Very fast, some breathtaking descents and some very sharp corners and some nice angled tracks all creating a great ride and I'm pretty sure I used the words yesterday - a worthy replacement for the Mad Mouse. I may have to add this to the re-ride list for future years!!! Break Dance was also very good and very very fast!!! I swear the speed of it varies at time but this year was a fast year (or maybe i'm just getting older hahah). I then decided to go through the Hollywood Horrors walkthrough. This is the first one they have had of these for a few years and I did have to be convinced to go through it as I wasn't overly impressed when they did the Prison Break one a few years back now. I must say I was quite impressed with this one. I'll even admitting to jumping once even though I knew the person was a person and not a dummy and she jumped out at me. I was actually discussing it with my sister at the time how it was great she was standing so still! Hannibal Lectar did a great job of hiding behind the mannequins and The Shinning Prop just popping out the wall was fun. Loved the room with all the things hanging from the ceiling and the moving skeleton. Was a little odd to see a person fixing the attraction in the next room complete with ladder LOL!!! Then the room with hanging bodies to walk through was cool and the response of the Asian guy behind me when the man came running around with a chainsaw was excellent! He pretty much pushed me out of the way he was so scared and wanted to get out! After that I went on the Power Surge which was OK, it is isn't really my type of ride but my sister wanted to go on. I was a bit annoyed they wouldn't put my glasses anywhere safe (first time attempting the ride since getting them). They aren't really something you want people standing on which nearly happened. Finally was the Space Roller which I enjoyed, but the ride cycle was incredibly short and I do remember it being a lot faster. It was also odd to get on the ride we pretty much had to stand on the guy operating it. I don't recall it being so high before - not sure what was happening. I can't imagine it would be good for the guy's back and other parts to have to help everyone get onto the ride. Maybe there was something preventing those carriages from lowering??

Anyway sideshow alley looked very colourful. First time i've ridden the rides at night for ages and they are definitely better at night! The storm trooper at the skywalker seemed to be a popular photo stop for people
Last edited by scorpionSA on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

This year I've been on:
1. Disk'O
2. Gravitron
3. Techno Jump
4. Rock N Roll Matterhorn
5. Wave Swinger
6. Thunder Bolt
7. Ali Baba
8. Sky Flyer
9. Psychedelic
10. Skymaster Ferris Wheel
11. Magic Circus

I would've expected Cliff Hanger, Skydiver & Hurricane (Hamilton's) to be there too.
Also enjoyed Novatech's Symphony Of Light at the new Tech Centre!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtm6cr ... ight_music
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Cheers for the review Scorpion, agreed I always jump Bell's Thunderbolt when I see it, fantastic ride. Bit odd about the Power Surge crew not taking your glasses, prescription ones I'd usually put in the control booth or you could've put them on the speakers at the back of the deck. If anything they're the last things I wanna see get broken

Think I've gotta take advantage at Sydney next year and try Hollywood Horrors, still havent been able to try it
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Hollywood Horrors is insane, only tried it for the first time in Adelaide, its fun, and even better taking people through it who haven't yet, and hate horror movies!
benclare

Post by benclare »

I haven't been on any ghost train like attractions for years but am thinking of trying Hollywood Horrors. I do wonder what I'd get out of it?

Totally agree with you Scorpion about Big Dipper. It's a great coaster for its type and kept in great condition too. I wonder whether it is used for corporate functions at the showground throughout the year? I wish it would travel as it'd be a great addition to the show circuit.