another ZIPPER question

ride freak

another ZIPPER question

Post by ride freak »

can a used ride such as a zipper be baught from over seas and rewired so it will operate on aussie electricity and what alterations would possibly be needed to be so the ride would be able operate in aus and operate to our safety standards ect ect?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Wiring etc. would be pretty minimal as far as spending $ on conversion to Aus voltage - something like the Zipper is actually pretty universal and widely accepted by Australian standards to those in the US - the problem would be the operating life of the many moving components, bearings etc. which would need to be signed as compliant to Aus Standard. This must be one of the reasons there are so many Zippers on the market for such seemingly bargain prices, combined with the fact that due to it being such a popular and highly portabled ride, the market is at saturation point. I would imagine Chance would be making more dollars off replacement parts nowdays than selling any complete factory units.

Having said all this, there are members on this forum that have had a lot more direct experience operating and maintaining a zipper than I ever have.
RUE

Post by RUE »

our old zipper (that is now over in oz) was still usa 3 phase witch is 220v
.There was a big transformer in the underbox that we used.
we used uk 3 phase @440v through transformer to 220v that powerd the pump. the lights on the boom were single phase 110v exept the the flood lights they were 220v used over two phases.

as for the hydraulics only 2 pipes go through center and to change direction all u do is reverse flow of the fluid. the brakes are spring loaded hydraulic rams as soon as u switch off presure spring pushes brake on. a little more usless information!
if anyone has any info or pics of our old zipper i would be intrested to know how it getting on. i think Robert young has it?