Rock o Plane

tooheyzz

Re: Rock o Plane

Post by tooheyzz »

Shame to see some old classics just rusting away
greeny

Post by greeny »

the ride you are talking bout is tpas hi roller i was an operator of this ride for some time and have worked for tpa for about 20 years seasonal wat u see is the grave yard its down ther because it was bout to get a rebuild wen the enginer did not dismantle proply causing the arms to bend so it went down the back just needs new arms to run again the cars have a brake bar inside so the rider can lock the car in any position while ride is in motion if you could start it spining it was easy to keep going 7 spins a rev was my record time that by a 2 min ride its preety dizzy the ride took bout 1 hour too put up with 2 staff tacking it easy or half hour flat out
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for that info and welcome greeny. I've never seen a Rock O Plane, sounds like the mechanism the old Rock N Roll's used to have, except pressing the pedal would let the tubs spin. Greeny do you still work for TPA?
v8dodgem

Post by v8dodgem »

im in as v8dodgem now insted of greeny no i have not worked for tpa since 2008 last show was melbourne running raupen bahn was not able to do sydney 2009 was flat out working at home but will be back one day good on fjf for new ride looks good