new rides

ozshowkid

new rides

Post by ozshowkid »

there is new rides on there way to oz as we speak I think there is around 3-4 coming to oz.
I can't wait
LUVTHATURBO

Post by LUVTHATURBO »

Sounds interesting... do you know what rides? Are they going to be travelling/portable models or will they be placed in theme parks somewhere? How did you hear about these new rides ozshowkid?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

wicked, hope they are cool thrill rides!!!
i just hope rainbow is at the shows too :D
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

I Know 1 is a modifyed paratrooper that you lay down on. I heard that one is a mega drop and there is supposed to be a frog hop/sky jump like ride coming. They are all portable and I get my info from family friends and asking Questions.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Cool! I'm especially entrigued about the modified Parra Trooper. Sounds amazing! Do you know whether these rides will be operating at the Easter Show? Also, what carnival operators are buying these rides?

Cheers.

Ben
princess

Post by princess »

Hi I am new here, I also have an interest in carnivals and rides, will look forward to hearing about new rides to come, its about time they updated:D
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

The paratrooper thing may be a Zamperla Kite Flyer?

www.zamperlarides.com

Sounds like one, but just a guess.

I like the sound of the mega drop too, how cool.

All this has to be good news for the show ride industry..... :D

Thanks for the info, keep us posted ;)

Shaun
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Nah its a CLIFFHANGER, the same ones in the U.S, will be at Royal Easter Show
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

(see below)

(Wednesday, January 21, 2004) - Florida state officials have ordered all Cliff Hanger amusement rides identical to the model which malfunctioned at a fair last weekend to be shut down throughout the state. The order was issued based on the preliminary findings of their investigation into the accident, and a recommendation from the ride's manufacturer, Dartron Industries of Oregon.
The order, issued by Florida's Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services' Bureau of Fair Rides Inspection, affects 17 Cliff Hanger rides in operation throughout Florida and will remain in effect until the investigation is concluded. Officials say the investigation may take up to a month.

Inspectors say that the Cliff Hanger ride operated by Wade Shows experienced a structural failure during its operation at the Florida Citrus Festival on Saturday, hurling one of its carriages 30 feet through the air. The carriage, which was carrying three children, crashed into an adjacent ride. One child, age 12, suffered a dislocated shoulder and a broken arm; another child, age 11, suffered a broken leg and a skull fracture; the third child, age 7, broke some of his teeth and received stitches in his chin.

The ride had passed its yearly inspection in October and another inspection before the fair began.

Dartron has notified other operators of its Cliff Hanger rides to reinspect them.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has joined the Bureau of Fair Rides Inspection, Dartron Industries and Wade Shows in the investigation of the accident.
Last edited by Zamperla on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

they are all fine now, been through inspection and have been cleared to run
so yeah it will be fine for the shows
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

I saw the Cliff hanger when it first came over to oz. It looks pretty awsome and it has got heaps of lights. TPA shows has brought this ride to oz and L & L Osborne amusements has brought the mega drop.
I think TPA, Osborne and FJF are all doing a fantastic job at keeping up with other countries in the carnival industry. All the other companys are also doing well to maintain the high standard in Saftey and all around looks of our rides. Keep up the good work.ps We showies rock(were not carnies thats american)
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'm glad to hear the Cliff Hangers are fine now. I had read about what happened in Florida onn Amusement Ride Accident Reports and News. I just won't think about it when I ride the Cliff Hanger on 3 April which will be my first day working at the Easter Show.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

OH WOOOHOOO GO TPA. they absolutely rock, im soo glad they bought cliff, and osbourne have the drop ride, they will both be at the melbourne show WOOHOO, they always come!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I have just found out TPA had their crazy mouse, & CLIFFHANGER and also Top Gun and a few others at the Craigieburn Festival a couple of weekends back (Northern Melbourne suburb)

Chris, you'll be most upset to hear this! ;) I will be sure to visit it next year.
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

I saw the clliffhanger when it first arrived over in Australia it is a very nice looking ride. If i owned it I would put a platform right around it so you could load more people at once.

Cheers Tyrone
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

I have just heard a rumour that 1 fantastic new ride is on its way, lets just say there is a storm bruing.

cheers Tyrone
princess

Post by princess »

So chris have you cracked the code yet. lol
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

lollll well its not a rainbow :P so im not going to bother
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

Zamperla Energy Storm perhaps??

HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

EWW!
princess

Post by princess »

LOL, what kept you, sounds close to me, hope the ride gives everyone what they want, if this is the one?
ledgema

Post by ledgema »

All seats are loaded at once like the lifting Paratroopers. A better ride is the Startrooper which was developed before the Cliff Hanger.

Matthew
ozshowkid wrote:I saw the clliffhanger when it first arrived over in Australia it is a very nice looking ride. If i owned it I would put a platform right around it so you could load more people at once.

Cheers Tyrone
Vee

Post by Vee »

I was talking to an Australian Zamperla rep the other day and he said there was a new ride on it's way to WA I believe.

- Vee
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

Vee wrote:I was talking to an Australian Zamperla rep the other day and he said there was a new ride on it's way to WA I believe.

- Vee
Vee, you been talking to Nick at CEC that's been on the books with him since October last year.
Vee

Post by Vee »

Probably. I was asleep when I got his call so I can't remember his name. :roll:

Any idea why it isnt here yet?

- Vee