Ghost Train Manufacturers

tooheyzz

Ghost Train Manufacturers

Post by tooheyzz »

I been having a surf around the internet Bit Bored today after yesterdays excitement
Any started looking around for Ghost trains couldn't seem for find any webpages for companys that manufacture them
are they usually custom made
Ie homegrown design and fabricated in a engineering shop

Anyone know the history of Halloween because I found a picture that i though may have been in working in the UK
princess

Post by princess »

Some Showmen here in Australia, manufacture their own.

Last edited by princess on Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

To my knowledge it was fabricated in the UK by a team of English Showmen who build many of them in their Winter season. Pretty sure TPA's was also made in the UK.

As for other manufacturers, well you can't go past the historic Pretzel company of USA (Luna Park Melbourne's is an example of a USA Pretzel design) To read of this company's history by a very passionate team of Ghost Train enthusiasts on the late Bill Cassidy, have a look at the below, many photos and some very ambitious designs:

http://www.laffinthedark.com/articles/p ... lride1.htm
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The Halloween is Manufactured by A.R.M. That's who Broderick Pavier brought his off. Yes I have also seen that Halloween in the Uk. Also, that Halloween is owned by Danter Attractions of the U.K. I never knew A.R.M made Ghost Trains but Brod found out they do through The Kermes Park Revue Magazine. Also EOS Rides in Italy manufacture Ghost Trains and Fun Houses. I'm sure they also made the TPA Circus Cirsus Fun House.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

HALLOWEEN is junk, sorry to say, but I think id have more fun in a McDonalds Playground..... Realistically, RollerGhoster isnt anything special either, its just that the theming is great, so its appealing, I still think they shouldn't have gotten rid of the original artwork, Regan from The Exorcist was awesome!

time to sell Halloween I think
princess

Post by princess »

I thought I was the lone person in the wilderness where Halloween was concerned, could not agree more Huss.

Why not look at movie technology, say in the line of special effects from Lord of the Rings, Weta in New Zealand was the company that did all the monsters, it would probably cost a fortune, but it would be great to finially have something that really scared the hell out of you.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That's why I never go on Ghost Trains. Waste of money(no offence OzShowkid). Yes, RollerGhoster looks and the theming is great especially the Graveyard at Sydney which was fantastic. They also have the Scary Photo Booth.
princess

Post by princess »

Agreed Topgunner, rollerghoster would have won the presentation award as far as I am concerned, their attention to detail was fantastic at RES.
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

Having never been on anything but a pretty ordinary ghost train I come to the conclusion the ghost train are for the young one
Not saying there wouldn't be one out there that wouldn't scracy the bejesus out me
princess

Post by princess »

Yes that would be right, adults would not be the target market, young teens, kids are more than likely the targets.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Or me if there are spiders involved :P
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

would love a really well themed dark ride, the ones in Europe... like SENSORIUM and a few others look insane!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, I've seen some great themed Dark Rides on Europe. Do you have a photo of SENSORIUM? I'd like to see what you're talking about.
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

Devil's Manor from bodet is from EoS
http://www.eos-rides.com/dark_rides1.html

Alot of the older rides like Gheister schlange and King Kong are from Mack
http://www.mack-rides.com/lang-en/c145/default.html

Spuk and scary house are from barbieri rides
http://www.prestonbarbieri.com/

Haunted Mansion is from Gosetto
http://www.gosetto.com/

You're right if you say that many make their own darkride during the winter. Many of the manufacturers only provide the basic idea (how to transport, gondolas, etc) while the showmen search for props and painters to add the personal touch.
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks darewing, nice to hear from you again
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

Thanks Darewing thats sure to quel my Curiosity
v8dodgem

Re: Ghost Train Manufacturers

Post by v8dodgem »

we built circus circus at the farm from plans old tas got over seas the shells are 40 ft containers cut down to fit over each other and the trailer it rides on we built to from a bogie airbag from a rightoff trailer from auctions was finished at sydney show by showman in a frantic rush for second day off show
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for that. Didn't know it was an own build. Which manufacturer did Tas get the plans off?
v8dodgem

Post by v8dodgem »

im not sure were he got the plans but its a copy of one he had 100s of photos to go off to i think it might have been in usa im not 100%sure
princess

Post by princess »

It is probably illegal to have copied these plans, so best we leave it at that.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

It would most likely be Ray Camack Shows, USA, 'Moscow Circus' I saw it recently and it's a spitting image

here's a photo I took (full Trip Report is coming, when I've sorted out the few thousand photos)

v8dodgem

Post by v8dodgem »

yes mabe its from usa ben pickett is maried to rays dauhter im sure tas had to pay for rights to copy it
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh does look identical. Thanks for the photo Zamperla. They're a massive company RCS. I think the biggest in the US.